Is political correctnessa death sentence in the military

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 11:21 pm
As a soldier I can tell you that the shootings at Ft Hood makes me sick. Soldiers are supposed to trust each other not (literally) shoot them in the back. It feels like that the military leaders today are more worried about being politically correct than worrying about the welfare of their soldiers airmen sailors and marines. And second this kinder gentler military is a joke. The idea of winning the hearts and minds is stupid. Warfare is an evil invention, invented by psychopaths. The only way to win is to be more psychotic than the other guy. We didn't win WW II by dropping candy, we won by dropping two atomic bombs.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,712 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 11:39 pm
@g7yarbro,
I know exactly where you are coming from but without restraint you have the "kill them all...God will know his own" attitude from the Albigensian Crusade. This method was used by Rome and it works. You wipe out any trouble makers and their families, any remaining are terrified, and the area is repopulated with your citizens.

Most people dont want to kill them all. Most want to win if it can be done in a nice way. Failing that, they dont mind losing. The wars we are fighting are against the Roman Way. The enemy are Medieval with their attitude. It is somewhat pointless in killing them only to have the same problem, but now it is us.
0 Replies