2012: What's your plan?

chai2

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 05:13 pm
well I won't be doing any xmas shopping that year, if it's on the 21st.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 05:26 pm
Actually, by the end of this year Bernie Madoff will become aligned with his cellmate at the same time AIG eclipses Arthur Andersen's ass and the world will end.
Eva

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 05:43 pm
Ah, thanks Francis!

SonofEva wasn't too happy to hear that he has to keep up the school work, but we have a new plan now. We're going to use his college savings to pay for a celebratory around-the-world graduation trip. (He's not too thrilled about us going with him, but that's the breaks.)
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 05:53 pm
Me, I was planning to sleep in that day.
Lightwizard

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 06:12 pm
@Merry Andrew,
You'll probably get woken up by Sarah Palin becoming aligned with Levi Johnston while the sun is eclipsed by 20 million copies of Playgirl.
Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 06:32 pm
@Lightwizard,
That is a truly frightening thought.
Lightwizard

Reply Wed 11 Nov, 2009 07:54 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Certainly more frightening than another movie that's a disaster directed by Roland Emmrich. The reviews are coming in and it's thumbs down on the Mayan calendar special holiday.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 06:20 am
My plan is for my cardio to be running from the giant three-headed beast of the Apocalypse. Then I'll have a sensible dinner.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 06:34 am

How many times, during the last 2,000 years
has the world been predicted to end by a designated date?

How many of those predictions came true ??
What is the ratio ?

Assuming that the world actually will end some day,
is there a competent reason to believe that THE MAYANS
are better informed about it than everyone else?

Y not the Aztecs or the Scotch ?

David
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 06:39 am
David wrote:
or the Scotch

When imbibed in such matters, all kinds of predictions can be made....
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 06:40 am
But, on a serious note: quoted on the Doonesbury site. I don't know the source yet.
"I've had two teenagers who were considering killing themselves, because they didn't want to be around when the world ends. Two women in the last two weeks said they were contemplating killing their children and themselves so they wouldn't have to suffer through the end of the world."
-- NASA Astrobiology Institute scientist David Morrison, on 2012 fears

Oh wait, here he is, answering questions and making sense:
http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-astrobiologist/intro/nibiru-and-doomsday-2012-questions-and-answers

Joe(He's a VERY patient man.)Nation
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 12:24 pm

Its hard to believe that people can be so gullible.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 12:55 pm
@jespah,
A last meal? Has Roland (ID4) Emmerich condemned us to die watching "2012?" Of course, there will be people who are looking for an excuse to do away with themselves, and confirms that we did indeed evolve from a species even lower than the chimpanzee-like creature postulated up until Ardi and some of us haven't evolved into smart, cognizant homo sapiens.

Disaster movies are guilty pleasures and although the reviews coming in are 75% bad leaves that 25% that realize it's just a special effects thrill ride fun and if you're expecting more than a pedestrian script full of groaner lines, stay home.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 12:58 pm
@Lightwizard,
I think I might enjoy it. We shouldn't care why civilization gets destroyed in a movie. We should just thrill to the special effects and imagine ourselves in the scenario.
Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 01:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
Right. Something there is in the human soul which loves to witness destruction. From the righteous gloating over the fall of Sodom and Gomorrah to the thrill of seeing Hiroshima and Nagasaki crumble, we love this crap.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 06:24 pm

I wlll choose to watch a movie showing joy, beauty, guns and freedom,
in preference to a movie showing debris strewn all over the place.

David
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:36 pm
@Lightwizard,
Quote:
Actually, by the end of this year Bernie Madoff will become aligned with his cellmate at the same time AIG eclipses Arthur Andersen's ass and the world will end.
Is that true ????
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:41 pm
I, King Ionus, have planned a clever plan that is my plan. I will make a fortune selling army helmets and spend it on loose living just before the end.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 07:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
We shouldn't care why civilization gets destroyed in a movie.
What do you mean, a movie ?? It was a documentary.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 10:25 pm
Quote:
I will choose to watch a movie showing joy, beauty, guns and freedom,

Name three containing all four and I shall name ten which leave out the extraneous, and non-joyful, non-beautiful, gun-play.

Joe(bang, bang, I love you, ka-pow, ka-pow)Nation
0 Replies