spendius

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 07:00 am
Do some of you guys never tire of finding ways of telling everybody what big dicks you are and about your intimate association with predatory mechanical implements and with carefully selected friends and relatives who you can vicariously use to reinforce the strutting with. Is your inferiority complex that bad.

It's really ******* boring you know and it's no big deal. Millions of guys have had close encounters with death dealing machines and never mention it. Some of you turn every topic you can find into an exposition of your courage and technical expertise and an implied invidious comparison with the rest of us who are simply assumed to be wet nellies gawping in awestruck admiration.

But being boring is the worst offence a person can commit in polite society and particularly when those who are subjected to it feel like they might be being unpatriotic if they object and thus bear it when it is unavoidable.

Even the twee snippets of self denigration are turned to the service of what regular guys you are.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 09:13 am
@spendius,
Well I am a regular guy and so is Farmerman. And it does appear that you are a "wet nellie", though you appear to be having some difficulty with the "awestruck admiration" part.

I'm indifferent to your opinion of all this and therefore amused, not offended. In the same way, you have the option to simply pass this stuff by without reading it, and thus avoid the boredom that ensues.

On the other hand, perhaps your little essay was in fact the Spendius version of awestruck admiration.
spendius

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 10:14 am
@georgeob1,
As I understand it George effemm thinks you are an IDiot or an IDjit and you should read some of the things he has said about those who are included in those terms.

He's a believer in that dogma of the 19th century school of Helmholtz which pledged a solemn oath to put into effect the "truth" that, and I quote, " No other forces than the common physical-chemical ones are active within the organism. In those cases which cannot at the time be explained by these forces one has either to find the specific way or form of their action by means of the physical-mathematical method or to assume new forces equal in dignity to the chemical-physical forces inherent in matter, reducible to the force of attraction and repulsion."

Ya dig? You're a magetic vibration George in his eyes. No question about it. Your appreciation of wine is simply a conditioned response as is every other thing you might think and feel.

Perhaps you restrict your conversations with him to matters which no-one could take exception to which some might see as a too desperate attempt to have a lot of Christmas cards sent to them.

Obviously, there is no possibility of an organism of the type defined being "offended" by anything under the sun. It is automatically indifferent.

And he excercises himself in promoting that view to be taught in US schools and all other views to be excluded. And with some vigour.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 03:24 pm
@spendius,
I assume "effemm" is Farmerman. He and I have a few common interests and there are other issues on which we have conflicting views. I believe each of us has reciprocally heard and rejected most of that stuff, and gone on to other interests which we do have in common. To some degree this is a common factor in all human relationships. I don't ask for perfect self-consistency from him, and he certainly doesn't get it from me.

The task of establishing broad agreement on fundamental principles as a prerequisite for an exchange of views or observation on common interests would be something I would regard as not only futile, but truly and profoundly boring.
spendius

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 03:53 pm
@georgeob1,
Leaving others to fight for what's left of our religious beliefs and the residue of the integrity still remaining in the oaths of high office.

I cannot imagine how anyone could find the debate either futile or boring. The anti-religion side certainly doesn't. Imagine an NFL side feeling futility and boredom up against a side that thought it important.

I came across this quote from the arch-atheist Sigmund Freud--

Quote:
I think there is a general enmity between artists and those engaged in the details of scientific work. We know that they possess in their art a master key to open with ease all female hearts, whereas we stand helpless at the strange design of the lock and have first to torment ourselves to discover a suitable key to it.

Now opening that door is the fundamental evolutionary powerhouse.

And both Freud and Darwin disliked all music.

I'm not for preparing inverted flight like that for our descendents. Care for the future is a fundamental aspect of the Faustian, Christian project.

I take these digs at you George because I think you would be an able warrior in the cause.

georgeob1

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 04:41 pm
@spendius,
I don't think the debate to which you refer is necessarily either futile or boring. However, this medium does not constitute normal human interaction or conversation, ahd here is usually isn't possible.

There is little doubt in my mind that the debate here, where anyone with a keyboard has equal access, and the only element of discourse or influence is what is written or posted, is indeed futile. I have found myself laying out a case to others who are neither really reading nor at all interested in even questioning their fixed beliefs, and am here without the means to jolt them out of their tracks - and, worse, often doing all this with folks I wouldn't even deal seriously with in real life.

In the absence of some evident mutual empathy, it just isn't worth the candle. Indeed I have recently given up on even the political threads, having wearied of all the shouting, name-calling and often illiterate and ignorant hurling of contending "facts", links, and insults - and all by the same relatively small cast of not-very-interesting characters.
Ionus

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 04:56 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Do some of you guys never tire of finding ways of telling everybody what big dicks you are
Now that is indicative of your problem. I looked up the Guiness Book of World records and you are not in it. So depsite your horrific lack of a penis, you are not even notable.
Quote:
intimate association with predatory mechanical implements
You've been reading a word a day from the dictionary, havent you ?
Quote:
Is your inferiority complex that bad.
You have correctly indentified the problem. You just think it is the rest of the world that has it, and not you.
Quote:
But being boring is the worst offence a person can commit in polite society
I think your knowledge of polite society comes from movies like Clockwork Orange. I would have thought there are worst offences than being boring, but obviously it is your greatest fear, and rightly so.
Quote:
particularly when those who are subjected to it
Here we have the heart of your problem. You have been gang raped by nasty men with propellor caps.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 05:07 pm
@spendius,
My God ! You think you are religious ? You miserable hypocrit. People were enjoying a thread about aviation, and you bring religion into it with the enthusiasm of a witch hunt. People like you make me sick. You dont believe in the example of Jesus, you just want witches to burn because you think you are God.

I used to argue that if God had no place for science in our lives than we would be animals, but when I think of you, I cant help but wonder if God really did make man in his own image. Maybe you were out taking a wizz and when you came back to the line the mold was badly worn.

Try to exercise charity in all things, because there is always someone bigger and meaner.
spendius

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 05:16 pm
@Ionus,
And it ain't you Io. Blurting out all those timeworn cliches like that. You really have rehearsed them quite well I must admit. How long have they been an integral part of your intellectual furniture?
spendius

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 05:17 pm
@georgeob1,
So why are you on A2K George?
spendius

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 05:22 pm
@spendius,
I don't rate inverted flight. Inverts are best left to the pharmaceutical industry in my opinion.

I only do standard "right way up" stuff. Why don't they put their underpants on head first? At least that would be amusing.
Ionus

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 05:39 pm
@spendius,
Isnt there an intellectual challenge for you out there somewhere ? Perhaps a child you could steal lollies from..you know as much about flying as you do about any science. I'll let others determine how much that is..
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 05:45 pm
@spendius,
Mine are time worn cliches ? And you borrow everything from others because you have no opinion, nothing to say yourself that has not already been said better. Nothing to contribute but someone else's work. You think you are giving yourself an air of importance by plagiarism, but those of us who have read your opinion before know you have no intellectual furniture. If you did at one stage, it has obviously been repossessed because of your bankrupt brain.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 05:47 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I think it is obvious why you are on A2K. You have a restraining order keeping you away from children and this is your only outlet. Attacking men with bigger dicks than you, as you put it.
spendius

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:03 pm
@Ionus,
My my!! You are getting over-excited old boy.

What's the point of inverted flight? It's not much different from forking food into your arse. In principle I mean.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:17 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Try to exercise charity in all things, because there is always someone bigger and meaner.

A very good sentiment. I believe you would do well to apply more of it yourself. Because you don't agree with Sendius that doesn't make him a "miserable hypocrite" or any of the other things you called him. That's precisely the kind of stuff that prevents many meaningful discussions here.

I don't pretend that spendius doesn't engage in some of this himself, but at least his is laced with some occasionally erudite irony.

We would all do well to recognize that disagreement or even misunderstanding do not comfirm the existent of evil intent or fatal defects on the part of either party in the discussion.
georgeob1

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:19 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Good question. In fact I am here far less lately than in the past.

The remaining threads that interest me are like this one - those involving subjects that interest me and which are populated with folks who share at least some of that interest and knowledge and who regard the process as a conversation, not a contest..
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:24 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I don't rate inverted flight. Inverts are best left to the pharmaceutical industry in my opinion.

I only do standard "right way up" stuff. Why don't they put their underpants on head first? At least that would be amusing.

Why come here and write that ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:56 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I believe you would do well to apply more of it yourself.
I apply it right up to the point where I have determined I am dealing with a bully. Then I give them their own medicine.
Quote:
Because you don't agree with Sendius that doesn't make him a "miserable hypocrite" or any of the other things you called him.
You have assumed I hate people who disagree with me. There are too many people and not enough hate in me for that. He is a miserable hypocrite because he attacks others whilst claiming to be Christian. He would be more successful if he communicated with people on a common ground. Anyone checked the title of this thread ?
Quote:
We would all do well to recognize that disagreement or even misunderstanding do not comfirm the existent of evil intent or fatal defects on the part of either party in the discussion.
I will discuss any topic with anyone if they do not attempt bullying or name calling. Then they get their own medicine.
In case you cant recall what started this, may I remind you ?
Quote:
Do some of you guys never tire of finding ways of telling everybody what big dicks you are and about your intimate association with predatory mechanical implements and with carefully selected friends and relatives who you can vicariously use to reinforce the strutting with. Is your inferiority complex that bad.

It's really ******* boring you know and it's no big deal. Millions of guys have had close encounters with death dealing machines and never mention it. Some of you turn every topic you can find into an exposition of your courage and technical expertise and an implied invidious comparison with the rest of us who are simply assumed to be wet nellies gawping in awestruck admiration.

But being boring is the worst offence a person can commit in polite society and particularly when those who are subjected to it feel like they might be being unpatriotic if they object and thus bear it when it is unavoidable.

Even the twee snippets of self denigration are turned to the service of what regular guys you are.

Quote:
I believe you would do well to apply more of it yourself.
And you say that to me because I said "Try to exercise charity in all things " ???
Perhaps we need a new forum rule..only those who display
Quote:
his is laced with some occasionally erudite irony.
should be allowed ?? Perhaps some examples of erudite irony from spendius :
Quote:
It's really ******* boring ..AND..you know...AND...what big dicks you are

Shakespeare must be terrified. I know genuine Christians are terrified that belligerant fools are claiming to be Christian whilst dictating to God what he had in mind when he created science.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:59 pm
@Ionus,
our friend spendi is an acquired taste.

much like a fine brandy, sometimes his true flavor requires waiting for the aftertaste to subside, before judging the quality or lack thereof...

i think flying inverted would be too much for his ticker.
0 Replies