I love to fish!

Rae

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 07:24 pm
Let's see.....

Three bucks to get on the pier, three bucks for bait.....

Catching three HUGE redfish in one day. I dunno.

Stell FELT like a free lunch! (About seven free lunches!)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 07:59 pm
Ok Rae, I'm in dire need of a fresh, fish dinner .... so when are you going fishing again?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:02 pm
I love fishing, just sad I don't get much opportunity to do it these days.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:04 pm
Cav., it is sad, because it tastes sooooooooooooo good!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 08:06 pm
Tell me about it....I still have memories of lake Athabasca pickerel all grilled up, catching them with just a line, no rod, man...good times indeed...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2003 10:36 pm
Hey there, cav! How goes it?

Glad to have another angler among us! I have the itch to go out again, but not by myself.....wish I could get over that!
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 07:16 am
Fish breathe?

Daddy has a harbor Seal
It's made his life quite cushy
He trained the Seal to share its catch
So now it serves him sushi.
0 Replies

grottomaster

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 06:33 pm
Every Spring, I set a trotline (some people say "troutline" which is incorrect) in the stream behind my home. I catch 25-30 nice catfish over two or three days, fillet them out and freeze them in solid blocks of ice (milk containers). That is my stock of fish for the year. The rest of the summer, I can just enjoy my hook and line fishing.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 06:53 pm
Sounds like a great plan, grottomaster!

Welcome to A2K, by the way!
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 08:58 pm
Maybe the love of fishing skips generations. My father would be out fishing every day, if the weather permitted. And our oldest son loves to fish. Me - I can take it or leave it.

Now eating the fish - that's another story.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 09:27 pm
Great to 'see' you, Jim! How are things with you and yours? Last time we 'spoke', it was about Stephen King's Dark Tower series ~ have you managed to read any of them yet? Two more weeks and the newest one is due out!

Far as fishing goes.....I just love it. Even though my Dad introduced me to it as a kid, my son is the one who pushed me into being a lover of it. He is as patient as I am, which is a prerequisite for fishing.....but it also turned into a bonding experience for us. Spending eight hours just waiting for a fish to bite leaves a lot of time for talking and just being silent with each other. I've learned a lot about my son during our fishing trips.

But NOW I've learned to eat what I catch!

And eating is always good!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 09:58 pm
Hi Rae. I was brought up fishing. Our family went on many fishing expeditions. I started out with a bamboo pole and moved up to a rod and reel. I have fished all the Great Lakes, summer and winter...but not the ocean...at least not yet. If I get out in a boat it's hard to get me back to shore, all I want to do is catch one more. But lately with work and all it's hard to find the time to get away.

Just thought I tell you that I love to fish too!
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 01:24 am
Hi Rae,

No, I haven't managed to start any of the Dark Tower Books yet. I'm still here in Sandland - going out on vacation in a little less than three weeks. I'll do a bunch of book shopping then - and maybe even go fishing with my father and son.
0 Replies