Go see you Doctor

Ibredd

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 09:17 am
Is this a cop out phrase people use when they find out that a friend may be Ill. This way when a friend dies it is not their fault and they can feel well I done the best could for old Frank, when in fact if they had been a little more knowledgeable in healthfull matters they may have been able to save old frank and like wise themselves as doctors have a very poor record at healing anyone including themselves note the average doctor lives to be only 58 years old.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,043 • Replies: 12
No top replies

fishin

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 09:22 am
A cop out?

Would you prefer that I perform open heart surgery on you? I promise to read up on it and become "a little more knowledgeable". I'm sure there is a WWW site out there somewhere that'd explain it all for me.
0 Replies

Ibredd

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 09:30 am
It May be there are other ways other than heart surgery, as many cultures live longer than we do and they have no heart surgeons.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 09:31 am
The average doctor only lives to be 58 years old.
Really? How odd.

As to people telling their friends "to see your doctor." It's not the worst advice I've heard! Of course, if you have personal experience with what seems to be their medical condition, you can offer additional suggestions. Remember, it IS illegal to practice medicine without a license. Very Happy
0 Replies

Ibredd

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 09:41 am
Medicine or drug therpy is what it takes a lic for. So is drugs your answer to all things, have you read the sheet that goes with your prescription.
0 Replies

Ibredd

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 10:42 am
Yes it should be noted as outlines by Piffka
that cures have been outlawed in America by the Drug Lords, Just think how many big paying jobs would be lost by the American Cancer Society if there was a cure for cancer found, It's about time some of the tons of research funds be sent another way.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 11:00 am
I may hate going to the doctors, but I for one am glad they're there. Some people need drugs to stay alive. Can you give a diabetic insulin, etc...? Would you prefer that a person die of a heart attack when they could be saved if they get to the hospital.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 11:28 am
It is not only the matter of drugs. People need good diagnosticians, together with access to equipment that facilitates a diagnosis.

I consider myself very knowledgable about medicine............for a lay person. What I know is valuable, in conjunction with a consultation with my doctor. I can offer relevent information to my doctor, that can assist him with working with me.

I have, through diet, exercise, and access to a sphygmomanometer, stopped my medication for hypertension, and told my MD afterwards. If the numbers started creeping up again, ya better believe that I would run, quick as a bunny, to my doc to get a new prescription.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 11:59 am
Go see
Well, much as I dislike taking pills, I sure would rather have pills for my migraines than not. And if I can only get effective medication through a doctor's prescription, that's what I'll do. Rushing to the doctor for every little thing is going too far, but some things can't be cured or even alleviated by layman's methods.

Frankly, I think your wholesale condemnation of the medical profession is a bit extreme.
0 Replies

Ibredd

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 03:51 pm
Montana
What I am saying is that when your friends began having heart attacks had you thought enough of them to have went and found out what was good for your friends, you may have saved your ownself. So if you sent them to a doctor then your own fate is in their greedy hands and what you get is what you deserve.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 03:58 pm
Go see
I do't really think that there's much point to further discussion here. Ibredd has demonstrated a solidly closed mind; with people like that it's a waste of time to argue.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 09:14 pm
Ibredd wrote:
Montana
What I am saying is that when your friends began having heart attacks had you thought enough of them to have went and found out what was good for your friends, you may have saved your ownself. So if you sent them to a doctor then your own fate is in their greedy hands and what you get is what you deserve.

If a friend of mine is having a heart attack I'm going to get them to hospital ASAP where they can stand a chance to survive and their doctor will tell them how to care for themselves. I'm not a doctor and I would never give anyone medical advice that could harm them. My best friend died of cancer last year and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it.
If I am ill I only want my doctor to treat me because that is what he's trained to do and I personally wouldn't appreciate anyone else who isn't trained to give me medical advice.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 10:47 pm
ibredd, I'm detecting more then a small note of bitterness in your comments. Have you recently lost someone you went out of your way to try to help while others sat idly by and only said "go to the doctor?"
0 Replies