It Will Be Perversely Fascinating

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 03:59 pm
To see how the right wing, pro Bush, pro military, pro Jesus (the killing one) people(I use the term loosely) spin this.

I am seldom moved to strong feelings, having been immunized against them lately, but this is disgusting to the core. Evil or Very Mad

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,732 • Replies: 39
No top replies

fealola

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 04:06 pm
@#@@@%@@$!!!

And while we're at it:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13735
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 05:22 pm
Has this godawful story appeared anywhere besides Drudge? It doesn't surprise me, but I'd like to see other accounts by way of verification and amplification.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 05:37 pm
Here is the same story and link directly off the United Press International site....

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20031017-024617-1418r
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 05:43 pm
I was just about to do that, Bi-P!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 05:43 pm
I bet this story never gets on the evening news.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 05:45 pm
I'm not gonna take that bet....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 05:48 pm
I agree with BiPolar, this is "disgusting to the core". It's a hell of a country we live in, isn't it?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 05:53 pm
It used to be gus, it used to be.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 05:57 pm
Oh, my god! Shocked
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 06:15 pm
US Vets
The U.S. has a long disgraceful pattern of treating its war veterans badly. I'm disgusted but not surprised.

BBB
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 06:24 pm
Now now, you unpatriotic leftie commies...don't you realize that THIS is what is meant when people chant "support our troops!" and when the president nags at the media for filtering the news from Iraq?

Obviously, the media is indeed filtering the news and has only been writing about issues that put a good front on the administration's efforts to do battle with the forces of evil. It's about time they did as the president requests and removed the filter!

I'd love to hear the reaction of all those flag waving Stepford wives when they hear about this example of the successes of their propaganda campaign to support the troops at all costs.

And folks thought that the homecoming of Vietnam veterans was less then welcoming!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 06:30 pm
Someone, I believe it was on this site, posted an article about letters being sent home from our boys in Iraq. Turns out they were form letters written by the government or some such nonsense. The letters said something to the effect that the soldier was glad to be serving his/her country and that everything was fine and dandy. Could this be true? I lost the link. Anyone have it?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 06:35 pm
Here you go, Gus.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=399010#399010
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 06:37 pm
Yeah it's here somewhere, I think there were two of them. I never posted so I can't find them. Someone here will know.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 06:37 pm
See! Thanks BFN!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 06:46 pm
Fort Stewart official website

You'll especially enjoy the photo essays. Be sure not to miss them!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 06:51 pm
http://www.walb.com/global/story.asp?s=1480899&ClientType=Printable

Bush Iraq: Families

Washington-AP -- President Bush says it's hard to talk to relatives of American soldiers who've died in Iraq and elsewhere but he does the best he can.

Bush told the Dallas-based Belo T-V network that he tells the families he's sorry about their grief, and tries to express heartfelt condolences. Bush said he also reminds the family that he believes their loved one's sacrifice is in the national interest.

Bush recalled meeting with soldiers' relatives at Fort Stewart, Georgia, a month ago. He said he hugged, cried with and talked to a room full of families and did the best he could to console them. Bush said he owes that to those who have suffered.

Three U-S soldiers were killed in Iraq today.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 07:18 pm
Thank you kindly
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 08:04 pm
It's appalling (thanks for the UPI link, BP). As someone who at one time tried to help the homeless, it has to be said that far too many were vets, bitter, sick guys, often violent, often with police records (which made people treat them like felons, not like vets). There is a group on right-wing radio which is up in arms about the mistreatment of the vets, but that's about the only protest I've heard. Seems to me Dem pres candidates should be on top of this one, and not just with pretty phrases.
0 Replies