myths of america

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 11:44 am
No 1 myth--The Republican Party supports the small businessman.
the truth--The Republican Party is owned and operated by big business/lobbyists.

No 2 myth--The Democrat Party supports the working class.
the truth--The Democrat Party is owned and operated by big business/lobbyists.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 1,050 • Replies: 9
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 12:32 pm
@dyslexia,
Shhhh - - -
It's a secret. Nobody knows but you and me.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 12:33 pm
Corporatism.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 12:36 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

the truth--The Republican Party is owned and operated by big business/lobbyists.

This is the sort of claim which is almost impossible to verify or refute. I suspect that basically you believe it because you believe it. I'd be very surprised if you were able to present any proof or plausibility argument which can stand up to scrutiny. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but, personally, I shy away from assertions that I cannot give an argument to support.
engineer

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 12:55 pm
@Brandon9000,
I didn't read it as a presentation of facts. It sounds like part rant and part discussion starter.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 01:25 pm
give me the story of paul bunyan any day

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/Akeley-Minnesota-Paul-Bunyan.jpg
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 07:07 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Should there not then be a "therefore..."?

My "therefore" would be - our democratic process of elections gives the illusion of different constituencies being in power, if their respective party wins. In actuality, the country continues as a testament to corporate America's hegemony. In effect, winning WWII was essential to maintain the autonomy of corporate America, since the Nazis had a habit of incorporating corporations in occupied countries into its corporate Naziism (i.e., IG Farben).

Mind you, I do not believe corporate America is bad. It is all we might have. What would life be like without all the coffee carts in corporate America? Corporate America may be the closest thing we have to a society where everyone has a niche to function in.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 07:40 pm
@Foofie,
Look, he did it again! The infamous words Foofie utters in just about every thread - WWII and Nazis, and Jews.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 07:46 pm
@dyslexia,
Party wide? It's a cynical but very accurate take on the political realities of both parties. A very depressing reality.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 02:32 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

Look, he did it again! The infamous words Foofie utters in just about every thread - WWII and Nazis, and Jews.

You forgot I might mention "Germany" too.

Rather than "infamous," you might want to use "inimitable." I believe it has a more correct nuanced meaning. Just my opinion, since "infamous" implies that I am reknowned. I am not, I believe.

P.S. In the post of mine you reference, I did not mention "Jews," only "WWII" and "Nazis." Detail is important.
0 Replies