Any a2kers in Philly?

farmerman

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I can pick you guys up at the PARK HQ and we can go from there. Im trying to see wheres a restaurant that will take a bunch of us.
We have Thomas
TAK, and MRs TAK
John boy
Me.
Anybody else? I did a quick name count and came up with 5. I may be with a colleague from Penn and Maybe not , I wont know till Tues. about him. Hes another rock knocker so just tell us to shut up and we will.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:54 pm
@farmerman,
Sounds good! Turning out much better than I anticipated.
Thomas

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 02:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Somehow I didn't hear from any of you. Are we still on?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 03:07 pm
@Thomas,
Hi Thomas, We're still on, but rjb may have to make a presentation to some gov't department. We're still hoping he'll come. farmerman wants to have dinner at Legal Seafood. You can find the address and directions on the net. farmerman is going to pick us up at Valley Forge at 4PM, so we should be there by 4:15 or so. Please come.
Thomas

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 03:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
(EDIT: Request for address deleted. "Legal Seafood". Got it. See you then!)
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 04:25 pm
@farmerman,
I hope you are ready for the time of your life with Tak and Mrs. L Tak. They are such delightful people. Wish Merry and I could join you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 06:58 pm
@Sglass,
Sglass and Merry, Wish you guys were able to join us too! We'll have to plan for something in 2010.
farmerman

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2009 08:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
OK guys, Ill be running on time it appears, Were gonna fly the bus out early so we will be landing sooner than I thought . We could have done this from Wilmington AP but Im stuck with everything in HArrisburg so, I should be at the Valley Forge Park HQ by 4. and yes, Legal Seafood is just up the pike on 202.
farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 01:14 pm
@farmerman,
I enjoyed our little dinner and meeting Mr and Mrs CI and Thomas. ILL have you know CI, I was practicing my language skills for several days while I was with a bunch of miners in S Carolina.
I was practicing not saying "****" as every other word. Its difficult when you are hanging around mudhogs and drillers all your life.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 02:02 pm
@farmerman,
You did well! LOL It was really a pleasure to finally meet you; I hope it's not the last. I'm gonna try to make it out to Boston and New York next year to meet more of you yankees.

Sglass

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 02:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Did you take pictures?
Sglass

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 02:47 pm
@farmerman,
Ha, I have the same problem being brought up in the Texas Oil Patch.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 03:50 pm
@Sglass,
Yes, Sglass, we have a picture taken by our waiter at the Legal Seafood Restaurant at the King of Prussia shopping mall. Nice restaurant, and the place was very busy with customers. I don't think many realize we're in a recession. LOL It was a pleasure to meet farmerman and to see Thomas again.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 03:58 pm
That Thomas is a wandering child.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 04:01 pm
@Sglass,
I'm sure many would like to replicate how Thomas is now living; on a one year sabbatical from work! If that's childish, I'm sure more would like to copy him. LOL
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 08:58 pm
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:
That Thomas is a wandering child.

If I won the lottery, I wouldn't mind living this way for the rest of my life. Unfortunately, I will have to work for a living sooner or later. That whole concept really sucks.
0 Replies