Now that we all know this was indeed a hoax

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 02:01 pm
@BillRM,
Boy, you sure do jump to some conclusions, don'cha?

Quote:
are you stating that we have some moral obligation not to take note of that fact until after the court rule? How silly are you people!

I'm not stating anything of the kind. You have a guilty conscience or something? I've made no moral judgement whatever as to what you, or anyone else on this thread, do or say. Why, enjoy yourselves! My comments were strictly about how dyslexia and I feel.

Do you mind if we state how we feel? You've made it amply clear how you feel.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 02:01 pm
I think the father should be subject to draconian punishment as a warning to others…

Membership of A2K and incarcerated in the political forum and forced to post without recourse to swear words and other derogatory comments.
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 02:05 pm
@Tryagain,
That'd be 'cruel and unusual' and all that, Try.
Tryagain

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 02:18 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Yeah sorry, I take your point; would it sully my liberal credentials to suggest…
Banishment to the Rusty Water Softener threads " with no hope of parole?
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 02:19 pm
@Tryagain,
Eithder that or a lifetime subscription to those crossword mags.
Tryagain

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 02:29 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Harsh; but don’t commit the crime unless you can do the time!

NB. All persons are presumed innocent unless found guilty in a legally convened court of law.
Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 02:33 pm
@BillRM,
No we do not have the power - but isn't it fun to come up with a good appropriate punishment?

I also appreciate the creative ones individuals come up with. So just for fun - who has the most creative...
roger

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 02:36 pm
@farmerman,
Yeah, but ol' OJ didn't do so well on those civil suites, did he? Hit him up for actual costs and damages, and we don't have to presume nothing.

Get the rope.
engineer

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 02:39 pm
@Linkat,
How about we delete all references to them on all documents? Instead of instant fame, they get total anonymity.
Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 02:46 pm
@engineer,
Probably would hurt them the most - that seems to be what they are after - recognition over anything else.
0 Replies

mm25075

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 02:54 pm
Put them out on a boat in the middle of the ocean with nothing but a video camera to record their daily lives for 3 days. Then make them watch it, in it's entirety over and over again.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 02:55 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
And once more I see little to gain by pretending this did not happen until a court and a judge rule on it.

When I was a small boy watching TV, I saw along with millions of others, in real time, Jack Ruby kill Odwalla

i have to agree with bill on this one

i think somebody well known to the sheriffs department should shoot and kill little falcon and his dad

that would settle it once and for all
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 02:56 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

How about we delete all references to them on all documents? Instead of instant fame, they get total anonymity.

Give the man a medal!!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 03:41 pm
@roger,
youre tying together an apple and a carrot, expecting something thats a genetic cross. Each case was a separate event. The requirements for civil arent as strict as criminal. But I knew that you knew that.

AND, unlike some others, I wont tell you about how our legal system came to be, nor will I tell you what to do with that stick of creosote.
roger

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 04:16 pm
@farmerman,
What is your objection? Is it the rope tied to a civil case?

About that mesquite. Some of the boys got themselves a little contract pulling old railroad ties. They never believed for a minute anyone would really think it were mesquite. It was a joke.
farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 08:20 pm
@roger,
After hearing the entire family, I was convinced that the dad was a nut job. I suppose that hes the appropriate chief suspect , however, noone really knows at this point.
The law has shot its case (whatever that means) in the ass by the conflicting statements.

Ill just follow with interest.
roger

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 09:04 pm
@Tryagain,
If we presume they are innocent, why are we taking them to court? Just general principles.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 09:42 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Now that we all know that the runaway balloon carrying a child
was a hoax what kind and level of punishment of the parents would seem fair to you?

To me at least a little jail time for the father<a few months> and
paying back every cents this hoax ended up costing the taxpayers.

One hell of a fine on top of that also would seem fair to me.

Ok if you had the power in your hands to punish these fools
what would you hit them with?
No punishment;hit them with nothing, just a good laff and forget it.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 09:47 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

After hearing the entire family, I was convinced that the dad was a nut job.
I suppose that hes the appropriate chief suspect, however, noone really knows at this point.
The law has shot its case (whatever that means) in the ass by the conflicting statements.

Ill just follow with interest.
Remember the guy that tied his chair to a lot of balloons
a few months ago, and had no brakes on his vehicle ?

David
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 20 Oct, 2009 11:32 pm
I think jail time is a bit much, I'd rather see them fined. But if anyone puts these idiots in a reality show and America doesn't react by boycotting everyone that has everything to do with it I think America should have to go sit in the corner for 50 years.

Sometimes America seems obsessed with giving attention-seekers attention and it'd be nice to see the media stop reporting on themselves. With things like Michael Jackson's death and the boxboy news folk just serve as an echo chamber for themselves. After some point it becomes reporting on the fact that they are reporting on it, a self-created media event.