Why do women talk ALL the time?

Intrepid

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 11:28 am
@Cyracuz,
I think they stop when we men appear to understand what they are saying.
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 11:30 am
@Intrepid,
Ah, so that's why they go on forever... Very Happy
0 Replies

WilliamC

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 05:20 pm
@Setanta,
Well if you aren't grumpy, why are you calling another human being stupid? Oh, and being obviously condescending in an unflattering manner?

Also, I have been in a solid relationship for 2 years now, but I do recognize my woman using speech as her outlet more than most other things. We've even discussed, her and I, and agreed that most women we know, including her, talk a lot more than the men we know.

I don't know why a lot of women go on the defensive when someone brings up the fact that women love to talk. I mean, I've observed this from child hood. It's really a "no-brainer". Why must you see talking a lot as "bad" or "unflattering"? Granted, men get annoyed sometimes when they want a straight answer and women give them the run around on everything they're thinking; however, it is just a woman's way to express herself.

And you're right: men talk a lot as well. HOWEVER, a man's speech tends to hold a lot of substance that is of direct importance to the topic. Women, on the other hand, use talking as an outlet to express emotion, and convey ideas rather indirectly as opposed to how men convey ideas.

There are plenty of "real life" examples I can give you all, but that would take up way too much time and space. I think you know already, though, just not willing to admit. So, there is no need for condescending tones.
0 Replies

WilliamC

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2010 05:21 pm
Well if you aren't grumpy, why are you calling another human being stupid? Oh, and being obviously condescending in an unflattering manner?

Also, I have been in a solid relationship for 2 years now, but I do recognize my woman using speech as her outlet more than most other things. We've even discussed, her and I, and agreed that most women we know, including her, talk a lot more than the men we know.

I don't know why a lot of women go on the defensive when someone brings up the fact that women love to talk. I mean, I've observed this from child hood. It's really a "no-brainer". Why must you see talking a lot as "bad" or "unflattering"? Granted, men get annoyed sometimes when they want a straight answer and women give them the run around on everything they're thinking; however, it is just a woman's way to express herself.

And you're right: men talk a lot as well. HOWEVER, a man's speech tends to hold a lot of substance that is of direct importance to the topic. Women, on the other hand, use talking as an outlet to express emotion, and convey ideas rather indirectly as opposed to how men convey ideas.

There are plenty of "real life" examples I can give you all, but that would take up way too much time and space. I think you know already, though, just not willing to admit. So, there is no need for condescending tones.

URL: http://able2know.org/reply/post-3790383
0 Replies

Mandy Swift

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2015 07:28 pm
@roger,
That's true. But when they type, they will think the communication speed is too slow. And there is a saying I'v heard in China that a women is like a hundred ducks and a man is equal to one when they talk. I think this simile is quite funny. Tracking to the reason of this phenomenon may be because there is different hormone controlling the talking function.- From BOC Sciences Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
Razzleg

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 02:35 am
@Mandy Swift,
Sheesh, how hard was it to find this thread? Given the digging required, you should be almost as ashamed for posting in it as Cyracuz should be for OP-ing it in the first place.
roger

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2015 03:18 am
@Razzleg,
Ah! A new word. I recently oped about an economic indicator, but it didn't have much crowd appeal.
Razzleg

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 02:43 am
@roger,
Tell me about it, i recently OPed a thread about happier days, and all i got were directions to Mayberry. WTF?
roger

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 03:02 am
@Razzleg,
Yer lucky. Happier days could have gotten you sent to The Fonz.
Razzleg

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2015 03:18 am
@roger,
Heeeey, could be worse, i could have been sent to the night shift.
0 Replies