Aftermath, going home (for a week or two)

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 06:25 pm
California, here I come, right back where I started from..

That's a song, well, a verse, my mother used to sing to me once in a while on some of our travels. I never sang it back then, much less now, since I can't carry a tune, at the same time I can hear voices being off pitch.

Dys and Roger will probably be glad to rid New Mexico of the vile californian for a week or two, but so it goes.

Turns out I have something like a couple of dozen people (and counting, given the relatives) I want to get together with in the LA & San Diego area - at a time when I'm chary of driving there even if I can pass eye tests (eye surgery now in December). In this case my chariness is appropriate, so that my not driving at all there adds to logistics. But some of us will be getting together with more than one person at a time. We'll see. I've gotten weary in the past of a kind of condensed catching up with people, over and over, in a short number of days, people tharn, at the same time I want to continue connection.

I figure that a lot of other a2kers know how that feels, going back home for a week.

I'm hoping to meet CJane and GLight - will pm you both once I have stuff more nailed down.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 13 • Views: 6,057 • Replies: 92
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 06:26 pm
have a great and safe trip
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 06:32 pm
I still want to visit out there again. Have a good, safe trip.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 06:38 pm
@ossobuco,
What is happening is that my cousins I am least like in word and deed have stayed attached. It appears we accept each other, though we'll see. We are hilariously different re politics and religion (no, they're not trying to convert me, they're old time catholics)

They have this RV.. and have been planning to visit for a while. They want me to see their house, which I do too, and meet their grandchildren, besides which I love both of their sons... so we'll drive back, me in the rv (I've ranted about those before) with the cats (hello, asthma).

There is history in that we have differed on all sorts of things for decades and still are connected. Plus, they visited before, when I lived in another city, and we got along well.

This is sort of like a2k. Some who argue can connect past it on a day to day basis, at least for a while.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 06:41 pm
Adds, Aftermath was a favorite album for me.
roger

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 07:20 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Dys and Roger will probably be glad to rid New Mexico of the vile californian for a week or two, but so it goes.

Nah! We're actually pretty broad minded -- for New Mexicans.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 07:38 pm
So you are not driving, either direction?
Swimpy

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 07:56 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:

The Rolling Stones? I had no idea.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 08:02 pm
@realjohnboy,
No.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 08:02 pm
@Swimpy,
fourteen minutes...

If I remember, Kicky hates the stones. They and others woke me up.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 08:37 pm
@roger,
Speak for yourself.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 09:15 pm
Let me know when you're here down here in the San Diego area...
ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 09:17 pm
@CalamityJane,
I will, CJ. There may be plenty of time, or, gah, not. Lets say there is, we could talk ourselves silly, which I'd really enjoy.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 09:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes, we'll take another picture then from the Mexican restaurant with the
margaritas! Very Happy
ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 09:25 pm
@Swimpy,
Swimpy wrote:

Quote:

The Rolling Stones? I had no idea.

I just ruined my Aftermath album.

I'm not all that much older that some other a2kers. We early folk are now prehistoric.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 09:27 pm
@CalamityJane,
I miss your reference but will cheerily agree.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 09:39 pm
@ossobuco,
When urs53 was here a few weeks ago, we went to a Mexican restaurant
and took a picture - you can see it in the picture gallery.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 09:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, we'll talk..

My friend who lives not far south of you.. I haven't recently connected with. She 's the one who clued me into - a twanging of observation, years before. At this point, I wonder if she is well.

Back in a day or two, now that I know I'm traveling.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 10:00 pm
@ossobuco,
Have a wonderful time, osso.
Enjoy. (I know you've been missing California quite a bit lately.)
You'll be posting a little bit from back "home"? I hope so.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 10:10 pm
@msolga,
I don't dislike New Mexico. Being slammed repeatedly as californian, that is all new to me. I somewhat get it, but I see it as a persiflaage..