dyslexia

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 12:01 pm
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/uc/20091016/snq091016.gif
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 01:08 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

The truth is this is the third time you've addressed it instead of focusing on the topic. If you want people to believe something, you ought to try and act in a way which supports that instead of contradicts it.

You're right, I suppose.

Your posts have reached the point of being as annoying and detrimental to me enjoying my time on A2K as Ican's have.

I will now add you to my ignore list; I've had enough of the personal attacks.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 01:15 pm
@maporsche,
See ya. I will continue to comment on your posts the same as I did before, and my guess is that you will read the vast majority of what I write - because curiosity is a beyotch, ain't it?

I note that once again, instead of pivoting to discussing the actual topic, you've cut out the only part of my post which didn't. This doesn't display a lot of willingness on your part to actually discuss the topic.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 01:18 pm
@Butrflynet,
I don't disagree with this. It doesn't make sense for the rest of the nation to subsidize the people who choose to live in the Gulf Coast. If they choose to live there, they should be responsible for the costs associated with doing so.

I feel the same way about those that live in earthquake zones, tornado alley, flood plains, or places with wildfire problems.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 02:45 pm
@Butrflynet,
This is obviously a topic that is near and dear to my heart since I plan on relocating to New Orleans some time in the next year or so. I wrote a long post last year on why rebuilding New Orleans is important.

and map... to say that people choose where they live and the rest of us don't need to participate in the recovery of a natural disaster is like saying that people choose whether or not to have children and the rest of us shouldn't have to support public education. We are one nation and there's no better time to help our fellow man than after a natural disaster.
maporsche

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 02:50 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

is like saying that people choose whether or not to have children and the rest of us shouldn't have to support public education.

I think I've taken the opposite stance on this issue as well Laughing

I think that public education, however, does a lot more to support the general well being than re-re-re-re-re-re-building after natural disasters.

Maybe we should help our fellow man by giving them money to relocate to other areas. If they choose to stay, they're on their own.
JPB

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 02:52 pm
@maporsche,
read the post I wrote last year before settling on relocation as the preferred option.
0 Replies

paull

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2009 05:03 pm
Wow, pretty much the same crowd as years ago.
0 Replies