Taking a trip

Montana

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 08:24 pm
Piffka wrote:
I know what you mean about being nervous, Montana. That's a long way to travel. Maybe you could check the route and find some places to stop, museums or restaurants or viewpoints. Some little "mileposts" that would break the trip up and make it seem less daunting.

Are you sure you don't want to take your son?

The cell phone, the food & drink, the CD's, the car checked out... these are very good suggestions. Also make sure you've got comfy clothes.

Sheesh, now we're going to be worried about you.

Is it 700 miles round trip... or do you have to do the 700 miles back as well?

When taking a long trip I usually only stop for gas so it doesn't take longer to get to my destination. I'm looking into buying a CB to put in my car before I leave as well, since that'll make me feel more secure. I'm still thinking about taking my son, but the 2 of us tend to clash on long trips and the last thing I need is to be arguing with him with all I will already have on my mind. There is also the fact that he drinks lots of liquids and has me pulling into rest areas through the entire trip. Also, it's been a very long time since I've been away from my son for so much as a day, so I really could use the time alone. The trip is 700 miles one way Shocked
Don't you be worrying about me now. I'll be just fine ;-)
0 Replies

petunia555555

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 08:27 pm
yes, Montana, 700 miles is a great distance, but I know you can do it...will you stop and stretch if you get sleepy? I've done that many miles before, and while it was VERY long, it is not impossible...be sure and let us know when you leave, okay?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 08:33 pm
I will stretch my legs and take a breather every once in awhile and I sure will let you all know right before I leave. My friend who I'm staying with has a computer, so I'll be sure to get in here to tell you how my trip was :-D
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 09:58 pm
Whatever you do, Montana, have a very safe trip.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 10:12 pm
I would advise erotic literature on tape and a vibrator. About every two hundred miles when your muscles get tense and your leg starts shaking pull over, slip the erotic literature on tape in the cassette, let the technology do it's work. then catch a 25 minute nap. You'll awake refreshed, relaxed and ready to go. You'll want to take a long trip every month. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 10:35 pm
Montana, I can't really add to all the good advice (and who could possibly improve on Bi-Polar Bear's advice?), but I do suggest adding books on tape to your collection of music. The books seem to make the time go faster--probably because you tend to get more caught up in the story. Most libraries have them and you will be back long before you need to check them back into the library.

Do try to travel during the day; it is much safer. Also, remember what they say about preventing mugging attacks--which applies to traveling alone--always act as if you know exactly where you are going and act with self-confidence. Most nasties prefer to pick on timid people.

Have a safe, enjoyable trip. We will be thinking of you and sending our caring thoughts your way.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 02:15 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Whatever you do, Montana, have a very safe trip.

Thank you CI. I will make it as safe as I possibly can.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 02:16 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I would advise erotic literature on tape and a vibrator. About every two hundred miles when your muscles get tense and your leg starts shaking pull over, slip the erotic literature on tape in the cassette, let the technology do it's work. then catch a 25 minute nap. You'll awake refreshed, relaxed and ready to go. You'll want to take a long trip every month. Twisted Evil

Hahaha!!! That's a great idea Bear. Why didn't I think of that? ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 02:24 am
Diane wrote:
Montana, I can't really add to all the good advice (and who could possibly improve on Bi-Polar Bear's advice?), but I do suggest adding books on tape to your collection of music. The books seem to make the time go faster--probably because you tend to get more caught up in the story. Most libraries have them and you will be back long before you need to check them back into the library.

Do try to travel during the day; it is much safer. Also, remember what they say about preventing mugging attacks--which applies to traveling alone--always act as if you know exactly where you are going and act with self-confidence. Most nasties prefer to pick on timid people.

Have a safe, enjoyable trip. We will be thinking of you and sending our caring thoughts your way.

I've never listened to a book on tape and I think it might be a good time to start. It would keep my mind occupied and pass the time. Thanks for mentioning the library because I was wondering where to get some.
I always make sure I know what I'm doing and this is one gal who is far from timid, so I'm all set there ;-)

Thank you so much for your caring thoughts Diane. That's very sweet. I'll be thinking about you all when I'm gone. Heck, I won't be going for awhile now and I already can't wait to be back home. I'm planning on leaving a few days in advance in case I run into some bad weather and so I can rest a bit before the big court date. I'll be staying at Mikeys house for a few days, so maybe we can muster up some trouble between the two of us, LOL!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 06:47 am
Montana,

Make sure you give a call when you get down here. We'll have to work on rounding up the crew in your honor. Wink
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 08:24 am
Montana wrote:
I'll be staying at Mikeys house for a few days, so maybe we can muster up some trouble between the two of us, LOL!

Well, that'll be something to look forward to for both of you! I'm glad as this trip was sounding a little foreboding. We'll be thinking about you... all 1400 miles. (Whew!)

It is a great idea about the books on tape. Peace & Love "reads" that way a lot and may have some special recommendations for you. I can highly recommend this one which made us laugh ourselves silly during one car trip. It's by Gerald Durrell, My Family and Other Animals.

I don't know where you'd get the erotic stuff, maybe you have to ask for it?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 10:39 am
fishin' wrote:
Montana,

Make sure you give a call when you get down here. We'll have to work on rounding up the crew in your honor. Wink

Oh gosh Fishin, that is so sweet. Unfortunately I won't have much time on my hands, so I'm not sure if we can make it work. I'm thinking that since I'll be right in Cambridge that after court I may stay in that area, rent a room there for the night and head back home the next morning. If all goes well in court then I sure will be in the mood to celebrate, so maybe it would work after all. Wouldn't it be great if I could get a Friday court date? :-D I'd love to meet you guys :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 10:42 am
Piffka wrote:
Montana wrote:
I'll be staying at Mikeys house for a few days, so maybe we can muster up some trouble between the two of us, LOL!

Well, that'll be something to look forward to for both of you! I'm glad as this trip was sounding a little foreboding. We'll be thinking about you... all 1400 miles. (Whew!)

It is a great idea about the books on tape. Peace & Love "reads" that way a lot and may have some special recommendations for you. I can highly recommend this one which made us laugh ourselves silly during one car trip. It's by Gerald Durrell, My Family and Other Animals.

I don't know where you'd get the erotic stuff, maybe you have to ask for it?

I'm going to write that down. Thanks Piffka. I should start a thread on books on tape :-) I think it would be best to stay away from the erotic stuff though since erotic and driving could be dangerous ;-)

I'm gonna go start that thread now :-D
0 Replies