10yr Old Refuses to Recite Pledge

jespah

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2013 07:06 am
@jcboy,
Sheesh, this crap was settled years ago, at the Supreme Court level.

West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette
0 Replies

Traci L

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2015 11:16 am
@Diest TKO,
He honestly has the right to feel the way that he feels, and I don't think he is anti American at all. His view is based on his perception of what he sees going on in the world. Personal feelings or views can't come to play when they take away someone else's freedom of expression. The teacher was wrong. Good thing the school didn't follow the teachers lead. I wonder how the teacher would have responded to a student that doesn't say the pledge for religious reasons. I went to school with a few Jehovah's Witnesses, and they don't recite the pledge.
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sat 25 Jun, 2016 03:20 am
@Setanta,
The term republic originated from the writers of the Renaissance as a descriptive term for states that were not monarchies. These writers, such as Machiavelli, also wrote important prescriptive works describing how such governments should estructured
I dont share your particular account of canadian history at all
As per the Constitution Acts of 1867 and 1982, Canada is a constitutional monarchy, wherein the role of the reigning sovereign is both legal and practical, but not political.[12] The Crown is regarded as a corporation sole, with the monarch, vested as she is with all powers of state,[13] at the centre of a construct in which the power of the whole is shared by multiple institutions of government acting under the sovereign's authority.[14][15][16] The executive is thus formally called the Queen-in-Council, the legislature the Queen-in-Parliament, and the courts as the Queen on the Bench.[7]
0 Replies