Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 02:40 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 820 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 03:03 pm
Just want to add that the Members of the Wahhābī call themselves "al-Muwahhidūn" = "Unitarians".

Since encyclopaedias refer to this as "Muslim puritan movement", just for clarfication, perception,
how do you define 'sect'?
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 03:17 pm
Walter

When you asked the question I feared I had erred but a Google search for "Islamic sect of Wahhabism" revealed many articles and references using sect in the same manner. Try this as one example: http://www.apologeticsindex.org/news1/an011022-07.html
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 03:27 pm
I don't doubt that, perc, but what do YOU understand when calling a religious belief "sect"?
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 04:30 pm
Walter

You can be particularly annoying at times----would you explain to me why you want me to give my definition of "sect". I have my suspicians but I would like you to explain your reasons.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 05:56 pm
Walter, we all know that as a member of the right wing, perception has difficulty discussing his "sects" life. Wink
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 08:59 pm
Delete
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 09:01 pm
And this is news because? BTW, when are you going to learn how to post links without making the page twenty feet wide? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 09:11 pm
Tried to cut the damn thing in half but couldn't Embarrassed
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 09:43 pm
Percy, have you read Jessica Stern? Scary stuff!
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 03:50 pm
Hobit

Regarding Jessica Stern----when she starts her most recent article with this:

Yesterday's bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad was the latest evidence that America has taken a country that was not a terrorist threat and turned it into one.

I find it difficult to take her seriously----as one of the reviewers of her book "Terror in the name of God" said---she's just another headline grabbing ambulance chaser.

I won't attempt to discuss her agenda with you because yours and my conclusions about terrorism and how to combat it are polarized in extreme opposites.

Senator Kyle in his article above expresses a more common sense approach which I agree with and I'm very glad he's in the US Senate instead of Jessica Stern.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 05:28 pm
perc -- when you are on the page for a post reply, you will see a button marked "URL" -- just copy the address into the first block and then it will ask you what title you want to give it on the second block.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 09:04 pm
LW:

That was an extremely long URL and my browser won't let me post anything or paste into that little URL box---so I gave up. I appreciate the suggestion though. Well try it again with something else later.
0 Replies