Stiffness

gollum

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 01:02 pm
I am a 57 year old guy. For several days now I have felt stiff in in the waist area. It is difficult to bend down.

Is there any cause or remedy for this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 901 • Replies: 4
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 01:24 pm
@gollum,
Im a year older and I get that. I started some exercises where I lie flat on the floor and then raise my leags and head and shoulders at the same time, forming a sort of crescent. This helped me when I did it for several times a day for a few days. It probably muscle strain. BUT, I am required by law to tell you that you should go to a doctor who knows what he or she is talking about and let them tell you to lie flat on the floor and raise your head and shoulders and legs simultaneously at the same time.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 08:18 pm
Try a hot water bottle on the area.

Have you been lifting, twisting, or stretching lately?
gollum

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 05:07 am
@sullyfish6,
Sullyfish6-
Thank you.

I exercise regularly including lifting & stretching.
hamburgboy

Reply Sun 11 Oct, 2009 08:47 am
@gollum,
" very gentle " swimming or even walking in a swimming pool works best for me to give me better joint movement .
have been slacking off lately ... sure can feel it in my body ... should be in the pool or at least walking rather than sitting at the computer !
i'm off now ... it's sunny but cool at the eastern end of lake ontario ... about 10 C = low 40's F ... need a warm but light jacket .
0 Replies