Hi, newbie,early mom

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 10:09 pm
Are young mother have more patient than aduls mothers?

jespah

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 04:34 am
@devotement,
I would hope that all mothers would be adults, or at least within spitting distance of adulthood.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 06:40 am
Trying to generalize is always hard. Would I say young parents have more patience than older parents? As a rule - no. I would say the older parents have more patience - the younger parents.....more energy. But I'm sure there's very energetic older parents (not me:)) and very patient younger parents.
Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 11:15 am
@Wilso,
agreed
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 12:05 pm
@Wilso,
me too.

I was "old" when I had my first one. A couple years older when I had the second one. I was mostly fine, energy-wise, with the first one. I was exhausted the second time around.

I'd say, overall, that I'm a pretty patient mom.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 12:36 pm
I think that, in general, the more time you have to get used to having your life more or less the way you want it, the harder it is to handle having a baby come into your life and turn it inside out and upside down.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 02:14 pm
I agree with the fact that a lot of it is personality. I too, had my twins at an older age. My last child I had in my late 30's. I was great with the twins...exhausted with my third. I am a patient person mostly - but a lot more goes into it than that. For me...I need to be well rested, which means making myself go to bed at a decent time. I need to be in good shape, which means I have to exercise regularly. These things help me keep my cool when I have three little boys running around here.

I found though, that the twins were harder at first than my third child was. I didn't really know how selfish I was until I was having to give up so much of my sleep and time to two small babies that needed me all the time. Once I figured that out and got the idea that my world would be different. I switched gears and it became easier. With my third child that part was a breeze. I was already used to it.

I'd say that the energy typically does belong to the young and the patience to the older...but certainly that is not always so.
0 Replies