Martial Law: Obama privatizes police departments

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 03:51 pm
At least that's what my right-wing, conservative, tea partier friend "Susan" tells me. Here is the proof she provided:

ALERT Martial law takeover of Hardin Montana - federalization of local police deptartment

AMERICAN POLICE FORCE
http://www.americanpolicegroup.com/american_private_police_force.html

AMERICAN POLICE FORCE
http://www.kulr8.com/news/local/59284497.html

Hardin Montana Under Seige
http://www.infowars.com/hardin-montana-under-siege/

Is Susan a paranoid Beckbot? or do you think there is anything we should be concerned about? I don't want to ridicule Susan, (although I don't mind poking fun at her, she has a good sense of humor), I want to talk sense to her. Help me!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,221 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 06:12 pm
Who pays the police force once it's privitized?

I'm afraid I would probably be the first to put a sign on my lawn telling them "Get out of my town".
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 07:18 pm
@Debra Law,
Uh...maybe I'm just being unusually obtuse. But, alarmist rhetoric aside, what I get out of all those video clips and blog rantings and ravings is that a contract for the management and administration of a local jail in Hardin, Montana, has been awarded to a private security firm called American Police Force. I don't understand where the Feds come into this at all or why anyone except perhaps the taxpayers of Hardin should be interested or concerned.
rabel22

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 09:44 pm
@Debra Law,
Yes your friend is parinoid and this alex jones is a rush Limbaugh wanna be. I dident see any proof that the feds were involved. It looks to me like the town officials were bought. More conserative bull shyt.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 01:20 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Uh...maybe I'm just being unusually obtuse. But, alarmist rhetoric aside, what I get out of all those video clips and blog rantings and ravings is that a contract for the management and administration of a local jail in Hardin, Montana, has been awarded to a private security firm called American Police Force. I don't understand where the Feds come into this at all or why anyone except perhaps the taxpayers of Hardin should be interested or concerned.

I agree that the alarmists are getting their panties in a bunch. They think the feds are planning on using the Hardin, MT site as a FEMA concentration camp for dissidents and the men in the black SUVs are coming for them.

0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 01:22 pm
Here's what Susan sent me today:

Montana Attorney General Launches Investigation into American Police Force

Quote:
BILLINGS, Mont. - Montana's attorney general has launched an investigation into a California company's plan to take over the city of Hardin's $27 million jail, following revelations that the company's lead figure is a convicted felon with a history of fraud.

Michael Hilton, who formed Santa Ana, Calif.-based American Police Force in March, came to Hardin last month promising to fill the city's never-used jail and build an adjacent military and law enforcement training center.

Hilton has a decades-long track record of fraudulent activities and spent several years in a California prison on grand theft charges. The native of Montenegro uses at least 17 aliases.

Attorney General Steve Bullock said Thursday he is asking Hardin officials for all documents related to their dealings with Hilton and American Police Force.

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 02:26 pm
@Debra Law,
Very Happy Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 02:44 pm
Pass me a drink. I'm going to join you. Drunk
rabel22

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 12:00 am
@Debra Law,
All the little drinking icons are drinking together. I think i will join then too.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 01:12 am
Sounds like more wacko extreme right rant, no facts, nobody who can tell anything about the alleged bill Obama signed, no records of any congressional debate or action on such a bill, just unsourced assertions it exists, and apparently complete inaccuracy about what's going on in Hardin:

Hardin Official Fights 'Outlandish' APF Rumors
Zachary Roth | October 2, 2009, 5:32PM

Read More
Al Peterson, American Police Force, Becky Shay , Right-wing extremism
Digg This Send to a friend!To email: Your Name: Your email:

A Hardin Montana official is trying to quell rumors that the town is "becoming a police state, having private paramilitary security forces, building gates at the town entrances, taking residents to the detention center that refuse to get swine flu shots, registering your firearms, and blocking off our main street," among other fears.

In a statement, Al Peterson of the city's economic development agency, the Two Rivers Authority (TRA), responds to fears stoked by Hardin's deal with American Police Force, a mysterious private security contractor, to provide prisoners for an empty prison in town.

Addressing concerns, raised mostly on the internet, that citizens could be forced to give up their guns, Peterson writes: "It would be a cold day in____ when anyone could ask the citizens of this area give up their firearms without a HUGE fight." Peterson adds a "personal opinion" that "Gun control in Montana is best described as 'Being Able To Hit Your Target.'"

Separately, Peterson told TPMmuckraker that Becky Shay, the former local reporter who abruptly quit her job and signed on as APF's PR rep last week, has received death threats. A message on Shay's voicemail said her mailbox was full and could not accept messages.

The state's attorney general has launched a probe of the deal between APF and the TRA. APF official Michael Hilton has a lengthy criminal record, and several claims made by the company on its website -- such as that it works with the US government and operates in all 50 states -- have been called into question.

Here's Peterson's statement in full:

For those of you who have been reading articles located on the internet regarding Hardin, Montana becoming a police state, having private paramilitary security forces, building gates at the town entrances, taking residents to the detention center that refuse to get swine flu shots, registering your firearms, and blocking off our main street, and many more outlandish false information, I have an update for you.

The local Big Horn County Sheriff's Department is in charge of all police functions in Hardin and Big Horn County and has been since 1976. Sheriff Lawrence "Pete" Big Hair is the County Sheriff and is in charge of police /sheriff deputies for the city and county. He, in my opinion, does not have enough manpower, equipment, money, etc. to adequately cover the large area. The county and city officials are in discussions to end their agreement, with the city possibly to start trying to implement a city police department. The agreement calls for the county to continue to provide police services for the city for the next two years.

Hardin Two Rivers Authority, City of Hardin's Economic Development Commission, is also trying to open a detention facility that has been unoccupied for two years. recently, the TRA has been working with a new corporation, APF, to try and provide inmates for the facility. The City of Hardin and the TRA have agreed that the revenue will be to help the city with the start up and operating costs of the police force if one is organized and approved by the Hardin City Council. We are hoping there will be enough revenue to help over the TRA expenses and the city police force when this is up and running.

The last time I was on a Hardin street, there was one black Mercedes SUV driving around Hardin. It is being driven by the ONLY APF employee currently in Hardin, Becky Shay, the APF spokeswoman. She was in a skirt, blouse and NOT carrying a weapon. Nobody has been stopped by any police officer in Hardin other by the Big Horn County Sheriff's Department. Montana, Big Horn County and Hardin, have a large percent of our population that are hunters. It would be a cold day in____ when anyone could ask the citizens of this area give up their firearms without a HUGE fight.

My personal opinion:

People who would believe that the State of Montana, or any town in Montana, would allow, much less invite, a private paramilitary security force to take over police duties, JUST DO NOT KNOW MONTANANS. Montana has more firearms, per capita, than virtually any other state in America. Gun control in Montana is best described as 'Being Able To Hit Your Target." Even many of our women practice gun control in Montana. Montana has more women who have concealed weapons permits, and know which is the business end, than most states have men who have them. Montanans don't post this type of misinformation on the internet, we post pictures of things we kill.
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/10/hardin_official_fights_outlandish_apf_rumors.php
0 Replies