Liberals are complete douche bags

djjd62

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 04:25 pm
well the canadian ones for sure

seems the leader of the beleaguered party thinks canadians want to go to the polls for the fourth time in five years

now don't get me wrong, the current conservative government could all die tomorrow in a plane crash and i wouldn't shed a tear, but we don't need the expense of an election in this economy

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,539 • Replies: 15
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 04:45 pm
funny thing, i've voted for the liberal candidate for the last ten years (new democrat candidate has mostly been an unknown entity and i wouldn't vote conservative if nazi's were threatening my parents) and i'll vote for the liberal again, as i like the new candidate who wants the job

but please, no election this year
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 05:37 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
[...] we don't need the expense of an election in this economy

I'll second that! Especially when it isn't all that unlikely that the outcome would not be an awful lot different than it is right now! Mad

I've always voted NDP, but that doesn't mean I like everything that they do - I don't. It's just that to me, the alternatives are not so palatable.

The bottom line is that all politicians are not believeable. Look at Campbell, in our province (B.C.), and the dirty way he is sneaking the HST tax under the door here. "Oh, it wasn't on the radar during the last election (May 2009)". Rolling Eyes Amazingly, it just came to the forefront just afterwards!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 06:08 pm
"Douche Bag" is a term that can be applied to members of any political party. You need to have a certain douche bag quality to become a politician. Several people have urged me to run for office but I turn them down saying "I am not a douche bag". Or words to that effect.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 06:25 pm
Somebody must want the damn election cause the liberal fundraiser got 25% boost overnight.
I can't stand the tories but I'm sick of voting. I've voted in 7 elections in the last 2 years and none of my candidates won.
What scares me is another minority gov. and no end in site.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 10:24 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
we don't need the expense of an election in this economy

Wouldn't the expense of an election stimulate the economy? It's being paid for by taxes you've already paid, right?
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 12:56 am
DTOM for MP.

i'm cool. i like Rush. Moosehead rocks. so does Labatt's, mon amis de la Quebecoise! i can learn to say "hoose" and "mum". i promise not to be a hoser!

so gimme a shot, eh ?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 01:01 am
@DrewDad,
I begin to suspect we have deep philosophical differences here, DrewDad.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 06:46 am
@roger,
Of all the things taxes can pay for, elections are probably one of the best.
djjd62

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 07:04 am
@DrewDad,
i love the fact that we have better choice than the US (ie more than 2 viable parties), but 4 elections in 5 years is a little extreme
rabel22

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:15 am
@djjd62,
Actually we in the U.S. have only one choice in voteing. Ultraconserative or middle of the road conserative neither of which help the common man because they are controlled by big money which means big businesses. I would love to have a viable third or forth party too vote for!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:46 am
@djjd62,

Is a complete one better than an incomplete one ?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 06:13 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

djjd62 wrote:
we don't need the expense of an election in this economy

Wouldn't the expense of an election stimulate the economy? It's being paid for by taxes you've already paid, right?

Taxes that could be put to much better use than another election
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 06:42 pm
@rabel22,
Third party candidates or even those with non-mainstream ideas are generally ignored by the media or, if they are recognized at all, are displayed very harshly. Ron Paul ran for president as Republican and gained more money in one day than any candidate in history. Nonetheless, he was ignored because, as many of us know, he is a Libertarian.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 06:49 pm
The last Canadian election cost $30 000 000. With programs being cut everywhere why go through this again? Especially in the this economy. The liberals will be spanked if they force the issue. The Bloq and the few fringe NDP seats will split the vote and make it impossible for a majority government.
I wish they'd just do their job. I wish Stephen wasn't such a bully, more interested in politics than his mandate.
I'd be more than happy to vote the lying Campbell outta BC though. I'd even pay to do it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 06:11 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

seems the leader of the beleaguered party thinks canadians want to go to the polls for the fourth time in five years

dj, I see Iggy is out our way right now:

Liberal Leader storms Surrey

SURREY/CKNW(AM980)
Dan Burritt
9/5/2009

It was a campaign-style rally for Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff in Surrey Friday evening.

Ignatieff says the Liberals can no longer prop up the minority Conservative Government, "The future of the global economy is India and China."

Newton's Royal King Palace was glowing Liberal red as the mostly South Asian crowd cheered Michael Ignatieff's attack on Stephen Harper and his own pledge to lead Canada to better fiscal and social times.

Ignatieff says an election is not up to him, even though he's pulling his support for the Tories, "The responsibility for an election does not fall on my shoulders. It falls on the responsibility of Mr. Harper and Mr. Layton. But we feel that when we present Canadians with the chance for change, they will seize it."

Ignatieff says Liberals aren't passing the buck when it comes to an election.

-------------

It looks like he's really gearing up and in election mode already, eh?
0 Replies