Is it time to let texas secede?

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 11:37 pm
After watching this video from today...

http://www.youtube.com/v/ubzG1CFi8cs&hl=en&fs=1&

I think it's time we just give these people what they want and let them secede. And take all the other rightwing nutbags with them.

"There is madness in Texas, as a small minority advocates for sovereignty or secession. In a severe case of right wing nut fever, members of the of the Texas Nationalist Movement called on the governor and the Legislature to put a referendum on the state ballot on whether Texas should leave the union.

The “Sovereignty or Secession” rally at the state Capitol was a veritable redneck freak show, with upwards of 200 people attending the rally.

Speakers at the rally included Larry Kilgore, a Christian activist and candidate for governor who has endorsed executions for homosexuals; Debra Medina, a Ron Paul Republican and a slightly-less long-shot candidate for governor; and Melissa Pehle-Hill, yet another fringe candidate and a member of a self-appointed “citizens grand jury” investigating Barack Hussein Obama, aka Barry Soetoro.

Kilgore, the Christian activist, said: “I hate that flag up there,” pointing to the American flag flying over the Capitol. “I hate the United States government. … They’re an evil, corrupt government. They need to go. Sovereignty is not good enough. Secession is what we need!”

While the Ron Paul wing nut Medina chipped in: “We are aware that stepping off into secession may in fact be a bloody war. We are aware that the tree of freedom is occasionally watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots.”

It is at once both humorous and an ugly reminder of depravity deep in the heart of Texas."

http://www.examiner.com/x-4383-Portland-Progressive-Examiner~y2009m8d31-Sovereignty-or-Secession-Madness-in-Texas-Video

The leader of this Texas Nationalist Movement btw is the same guy that Glenn Beck just interview and made out to look like some kind of hero.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 925 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Centroles

Reply Tue 1 Sep, 2009 11:43 pm
Maybe Glenn Beck should turn his awesome investigatory journalist powers toward the direction of how all these anti-American domestic terrorists keep making it onto his show and being giving a supportive platform
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 04:28 am
It should be clear to anybody paying attention that most Texans do not support this idiocy.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 04:52 am
I say they shouldn't let the door hit 'em in the ass . . . the soonerer, the betterer . . .

(Sorry, EB, i'd miss ya, but there just seems to be so many loonies out there . . .)
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 05:12 am
When Texas secedes, I may even change my mind about the border fence.

((Edgar, you would be welcome in MA)).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 05:20 am
People tend to exaggerate every lunacy they encounter. I only respond to threads like this to point that out. Otherwise, I have no further interest.
0 Replies