Senator Edward Kennedy Dies at 77

revel

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 07:27 am
@High Seas,
Quote:
MM - the legal term is vehicular homicide. Murder requires intent, homicide may be accidental. Leaving the scene of an accident was the lesser charge, but I don't think he was ever prosecuted for either.

Quote:
On July 25, seven days after the incident, Kennedy entered a plea of guilty to a charge of leaving the scene of an accident after causing injury. Kennedy's attorneys suggested that any jail sentence should be suspended, and the prosecutors agreed to this, citing Kennedy's age, character and prior reputation.[19] Judge James Boyle sentenced Kennedy to two months' incarceration, the statutory minimum for the offense, which he suspended. In announcing the sentence, Boyle referred to Kennedy's "unblemished record" and said that he "has already been, and will continue to be punished far beyond anything this court can impose".[20]

source
High Seas

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 11:43 am
@revel,
Thank you Revel - so there was a 2 month minimum sentence, which was suspended by the judge, i.e. not served. The late senator was prosecuted, he just didn't go to prison. Thanks for correcting my recollection and the post.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 01:13 pm
@mysteryman,
No - I'm not saying that. The comment I made about making up things about some one was meant to respond to you when you say people make things up positively about some one. Or at least that is how I read (I certainly could be wrong). I was agreeing that you should not make up things about some one that isn't true as in "Ted Kennedy was a faithful husband" because you cannot think of anything positive to say. Then if you can't you say nothing - more out of general respect - as much for the greaving family as for the individual that passed.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 01:15 pm
@High Seas,
I mean more in a discussion where you are talking about the individual's death. If it were a discussion of an individual's political views then it is a free for all and please be as mean and negative as possible in those instances..
0 Replies

longryder

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 03:26 pm
@Sglass,
I HAD A DEEP DISLIKE FOR THIS MAN/BOY WHO LIKED TO BE CALLED "TEDDY"..AIN'T IT JUST CUTE..BUT THIS AME CUDDLY SOUNDING DIM WIT WAS PARTY TO A WOMANS DEATH BY DROWNING WHILE HIS YELLOW ASS WAS GETTING THE STORY STRAIGHT..FORGIVE HIM..?..NOT IN THIS LIFETIME...I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND HOW THE LIBERAL FEMINISTS IN THIS FAIRY TALE GAVE HIM SUCH A BREAK ON HIS CRUEL AND SELFISH AND BORING BEHAVIOR TOWARDS WOMEN..AN ASS WHIPPING DONE ABOUT EVERY OTHER DAY FOR A YEAR WOULD HAVE PUT SOME SENSE IN THAT IDIOT...GOOD RIDDANCE EDWARD..I HOPE YOU MEET A GAL NAME MARY JO ALONG YOUR ETERNAL HOME...SURE HOPE YOU REMEMBERED TO TAKE ALONG SOME HEAT RESISTANT LONG HANDLES YOU **** HEAD
Rockhead

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 03:27 pm
@longryder,
the caps lock button is on the left, above the shift key...

good luck.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 04:49 pm
@longryder,
Obliviously you are a good christian man.
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Mon 31 Aug, 2009 07:39 pm
May the Earth Rest Heavily Upon Him
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 04:22 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I wonder how many people that have been envolved in a drunk driving accident that resulted in a death of a passenger consider themselves murderers.

I say bring back prohibition!!!!!

Ted Kennedy was a drunk. I saw him fall down a flight of stairs at a pressbox erected at the Halfshell for the Nelson Mandels visit to Boston. He was a mess. His clothes were bloodied, he was getting to the incoherent stage and he had pissed his britches.

Not my idea of a political icon.

0 Replies