Restaurants serving unusual meals

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 08:59 pm
I have seen some TV shows, and read some articles about some US restaurants that serve unusual or famous dishes. Is there a list of these restaurants? Could anyone name such a restaurant in Boston, New York City, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Baltimore or Pittsburgh?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,057 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 09:04 pm
@Woollcott,
are you looking for sit-down restaurants, or places like pat's in philly?

patskingofsteaks..com
maporsche

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 09:07 pm
I was just in Delaware a few weeks ago and I ate at this place called Capriotti's that was famous for this sandwich called the 'Bobby' which is pretty much a Thanksgiving dinner stuffed into a sandwich.

It was interesting.

They had a great Philly Cheesesteak too.
Woollcott

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 02:22 pm
@Rockhead,
Places like Pat's.
0 Replies

Woollcott

Reply Wed 2 Sep, 2009 02:27 pm
@maporsche,
I was thinking of a dish - more like a "house specialty." I am familiar with Capriotti's (which I believe to be one of the two best "sub" places in the Wilmington area. Many places "pack" a sandwich (ie. they put a huge mound in the middle, so when it's sliced it looks like a lot when actually they are holding back on the meat). Capriotti's is famous for "building" the sandwich from end-to-end - you will find almost as much at the very end as you will in the center. I understand their Las Vegas location is very popular.
0 Replies