Are you ready to join the teabaggers' protests against ObamaCare?

wandeljw

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 08:20 am
Most of you have seen this already. I like the response given by Barney Frank.

0 Replies

JaxMarine

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 10:49 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
What your quote doesn't mention is the fact that the "attacks" on him are for his false claim of being a POW in Vietnam. Of course people are gonna get pissed at you for making suck a stupid claim in an effort to sway public opinion...
revel

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 11:02 am
@JaxMarine,
I went to the post 3739716 you replied to and I am not sure who was being attacked and who was making false claims of a being a POW in vietnam.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 11:54 am
@JaxMarine,
JaxMarine wrote:

What your quote doesn't mention is the fact that the "attacks" on him are for his false claim of being a POW in Vietnam. Of course people are gonna get pissed at you for making suck a stupid claim in an effort to sway public opinion...

really? that would probably do it. Shocked

could ya post a link to an article for us?

btw, i noticed this is your first post, so a big smiley A2K welcome to you !
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 11:59 am
@revel,
mornin' ms. briar. i think she meant that the thingie i posted didn't mention his assertion being the cause of people coming down on him.

hey, we had a big ol' humid day here yesterday. thought i was back home up in derby town. pass the iced tea!
revel

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 12:21 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Oh, well, guess that I missed that assertion by that guy and any fall out because of it. I couldn't make head nor tales of the post.

It has been a little out seasonal cool here where I live, even had to turn my air condition off last night and cover up with a quilt, and then got hot and had to turn it back on again, I hate getting older... I had my gall bladder removed a few days ago, man, the things they can do today in one day.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 01:10 pm
@revel,
revel wrote:
...I had my gall bladder removed a few days ago, man, the things they can do today in one day.

ouch! hope ya get feeling better soon.

"in one day".. i know. how Star Trek is this stuff ? Very Happy
revel

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 03:02 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
I'm feeling ok, that's what i meant. I got it removed in the morning, went home that morning and felt ok that night. Don't necessarily want to do a bunch of jumpin jacks, but don't do those at the best of times.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 09:12 pm
Quote:
The educated class believes in global warming, so public skepticism about global warming is on the rise. The educated class supports abortion rights, so public opinion is shifting against them. The educated class supports gun control, so opposition to gun control is mounting.

The story is the same in foreign affairs. The educated class is internationalist, so isolationist sentiment is now at an all-time high, according to a Pew Research Center survey. The educated class believes in multilateral action, so the number of Americans who believe we should “go our own way” has risen sharply.

A year ago, the Obama supporters were the passionate ones. Now the tea party brigades have all the intensity.

The tea party movement is a large, fractious confederation of Americans who are defined by what they are against. They are against the concentrated power of the educated class. They believe big government, big business, big media and the affluent professionals are merging to form self-serving oligarchy " with bloated government, unsustainable deficits, high taxes and intrusive regulation.

The tea party movement is mostly famous for its flamboyant fringe. But it is now more popular than either major party. According to the NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, 41 percent of Americans have a positive view of the tea party movement. Only 35 percent of Americans have a positive view of the Democrats and only 28 percent have a positive view of the Republican Party.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/05/opinion/05brooks.html?hp
there has been a lot of mocking of the TEABAGGER movement here at a2k, from the out of touch class. America is a wreck, and those who lead us here are going to be punished.
revel

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 07:36 am
@hawkeye10,
So I am curious, who will those who have a more positive view of the teabaggers vote for come next election if republicans come in at 28% and democrats come in at 35%? Are the teabaggers going to put up their own candidate?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 08:23 am
@revel,
Quote:
So I am curious, who will those who have a more positive view of the teabaggers vote for come next election if republicans come in at 28% and democrats come in at 35%? Are the teabaggers going to put up their own candidate?

Who knows, but we are starting to hear a lot of chatter about how both parties are weak, may splinter, may be reformed, or may be replaced. And remember that Palin, who wants to be the leader of the Tea Partiers, said that she would campaign for dems as well as Gop's, but only those who support the tea party ideals.

The public anger at the Establishment is very strong, and as the majority of homeowners go underwater on their mortgages in the next two years, as jobs continue to not be around in the number and the pay required to support the American dream, this anger will likely overwhelm the Establishment. Lectures by the educated elite calling the citizens foolish will have no effect, the Elite have lost almost all of their credibility....they have been wrong too often, and they have proven to not conform to the standards of American morality.
revel

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 09:37 am
@hawkeye10,
All I can say is that if this country is stupid enough to go for Palin like they did bush, we deserve to get what we have voted for. Last I look Palin's numbers were not that good.

People have short memories and forget who put us in this poor position in the first place. Obama inherited this mess we are which was brought about the very conservative agenda the tea parties are for. It wasn't until the last months of the Bush presidency when the financial crises came to head that Bush started bailing out banks, before he was all for "giving surpluses back to the people" and tax breaks in times of war and high expenses after 9/11.

If on the other hand things get turned around before the next half term elections, the tea baggers are going to have to come up other reasons why their way is the better way to go. I expect they won't and the democrats will loose some seats (some are retiring anyway.) And then nothing will get done and Obama will not be re-elected. I hope I am wrong and things get turned around for the good the country and our pocket books.
0 Replies