Glenn Beck shoots self in mouth?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 11:05 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Every conceivable insult was heaped on George Bush publicly, including numerous accusations that he was behind 9/11, but I guess Obama should be immune.

People didn't often insult Bush b/c he was white; they focused more on his idiocy and poor decisions as Governor and President.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 11:06 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Every conceivable insult was heaped on George Bush publicly, including numerous accusations that he was behind 9/11, but I guess Obama should be immune.

Bush certainly got his share of insults, much of which was deserved. This is something different, though, I think.
old europe

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 11:07 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
I guess Obama should be immune.

No. No, not at all.

You want to guess again?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 11:35 am
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Bush certainly got his share of insults, much of which was deserved. This is something different, though, I think.

How is it different, because you say that Bush deserved it and Obama doesn't? Bush received every possible insult, including allegations that he orchestrated 9/11 and discussions of assassinating him. Now the liberals wine because somebody says something that isn't nice about Obama? What a laugh.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 11:51 am
@Brandon9000,
It's not the insults I'm talking about, Brandon. Certainly there are wackos of every political persuasion, and I think most of the insults directed at Obama are just part of the job and not worth delving into. This kind of thing feels different to me.

Can you think about what kind of people might be concerned about attacks on "the white culture"? Combine that with the birther movement (which has gained some champions in the House). Perhaps I'm reading too much into it or it looks bigger than it is. I certainly hope that's the case.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 12:12 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

It's not the insults I'm talking about, Brandon. Certainly there are wackos of every political persuasion, and I think most of the insults directed at Obama are just part of the job and not worth delving into. This kind of thing feels different to me.

Can you think about what kind of people might be concerned about attacks on "the white culture"? Combine that with the birther movement (which has gained some champions in the House). Perhaps I'm reading too much into it or it looks bigger than it is. I certainly hope that's the case.

Every possible kind of insult and bizarre accusation was hurled at Bush up to the point of forging documents for his military career and accusing him of attacking the US with airplane bombs. To say that this is somehow beyond the limits is nothing less than hysterically funny.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 12:17 pm
@Brandon9000,
By major tv and radio personalities? In his first year of the presidency (before he waged an unnecessary and expensive war)?

Am I saying this is beyond the limits? Hmmm, more like it plays to danger.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 12:31 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:
To me, that is the more telling piece. What exactly is "the white culture"? That sounds to me like a very specific dog whistle is being used. Any ideas?

I dunno ... I'll watch the White Channel on TV tonight and see if it's discussed.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 12:32 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

FreeDuck wrote:
To me, that is the more telling piece. What exactly is "the white culture"? That sounds to me like a very specific dog whistle is being used. Any ideas?

I dunno ... I'll watch the White Channel on TV tonight and see if it's discussed.

TNN?

Cycloptichorn
JPB

@Cycloptichorn,
fox news
0 Replies

farmerman

@Brandon9000,
Quote:
How is it different, because you say that Bush deserved it and Obama doesn't? Bush received every possible insult, including allegations that he orchestrated 9/11 and discussions of assassinating him
Its very different because, if you will recall, most of the left wingers defended Bush and the conspiracy that he was behind 9/11. On A2K, there were a few wacko conspiracy types who were stepped on by lefties and righties alike. Youre argument attempt is a fallacy. If one of the A2K crowd was touting Bushs role in 9/11, thats eqaully as ridiculous as Becks attempted myth.

As far as Becks "mental state" he has been hospitalized at least twice while he was on radio and shortly after his CNN days began, These hopsital stays were ostensibly for mental exhaustion (HINT , mental exhaustion= meltdown).
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 12:44 pm
@Ticomaya,
I'm reminded of an Eddie Murphy skit on SNL a very long time ago.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 12:45 pm
You know we don't have to pay for these!
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 12:45 pm
@Setanta,
Laughing Leave it to Set to guess exactly the one.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 12:47 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

TNN?

No, but that's an easy mistake to make ... Speed.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 12:47 pm
That skit was a hoot, especially when he would look out at the audience with this look of shock on his face, and his mouth in a big round "O" . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 12:49 pm
@Ticomaya,
depending on your cable provider the white channel is usually between CNN/FOX NEWS and MSNBC just before Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and after Animal Planet. Martha Stewart often guest hosts.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 12:53 pm
I think this is an appropriate time to have another look at a www classic:

Black People Love Us
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 07:49 pm
You GO, Set! You da man!!! You know, you're really special and different Set - not like other white people!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 09:46 pm
OK, OK . . . you can come over to the house for some Kentucky Fried Chicken if you're ever in t.o. . . .