What are you doing to get Health Care reform passed?

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 03:21 pm
There is too much whining going on around here about what Obama (and other politicians) are doing or not doing about health care among people who are in favor of a strong public option (if this doesn't apply to you... go find another thread).

Well, what are you going to do about it?

If you are whining that Obama isn't taking a strong enough stand, and you haven't at least called your Congress People... you are an idiot. You might also think about going to a Town Hall meeting, writing letters to the editor donating money to advocacy groups and anything else you can think of.

Providing a political atmosphere where health care reform that includes a strong public option can happen is our job (not Obama's).

This is the time, people. If you want it, stop whining and start working to make it happen.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,301 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 04:01 pm
I suggest people support Healthcare Now!. I do.:

http://www.healthcare-now.org/about/

Physicians for A National Health Program are also worthy:

http://www.pnhp.org/

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 04:17 pm
as a canadian, i regularly think that opponents to national health care are idiots, not sure if that helps

i'm also really embarrassed by that bitch from my country who's mouthing of about how she would have died if she'd had to rely on canada's health care system 9so get the **** out of the country, we don't need you), it might have happened, who knows, i've known many people who've got prompt efficient service from our health care
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 04:50 pm
I have written my reps, signed petitions and talked with people until I'm blue in the face. what are you doing ebrown? Besides enjoying the view from your high horse I mean....
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 05:45 pm
I've written to all of my state's elected representatives in the Senate and House of Representatives. Although the obstructionists are loud, they don't speak for the vast majority of Americans.
spendius

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 05:53 pm
@Debra Law,
I've been heckling from the sidelines.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 02:26 am
I can't do anything much, but I am directing hopeful thoughts at all of you.

I do hope something sane happens for you all.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 07:38 am
This am, to thicken the plot, Howard Dean said the Senate bill will be written without a public option but it will be put back in when the final bill goes to reconciliation and that this is just political amneuvering to calm down all the kill grandma bullshit.

0 Replies