Obama Disillusionment

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 05:40 pm
With the imminent demise or more likely gutting of Obama's Health Reform, the stagnation of his Cap & Trade bill, and the impotence of his Stimulus Package, even his Democratic stalwarts are losing their faith....

Michael Brenner wrote:
Let's face the harsh reality -- Obama has blown health care reform, big time. The opportunity of a lifetime has been squandered. The most recent revelations about backroom deals with Pharma and the other vendors of medical services drops the curtain on any hope of serious change in our costly and inefficient non-system. This is a painful admission to make. Not only does the country remain handicapped by grossly sub-par arrangements for health delivery, we also are burdened with a president who has been discredited as a progressive dedicated to a betterment of how we conduct public business.

<<<Snip>>>

It is Barack Obama who is to blame for this. For months, he stayed aloof from the out-of-control Congressional maneuvering based on a strange belief in some kind of bipartisan collective will emerging by osmosis. He never leaned the weight of his person and his office to elements of reform that has been touting as candidate and then President. He deceived the country by pursuing secret talks with the very lobbies who are the heart of disgraceful national health care situation. He entered into deals that were weighted heavily in their selfish interest rather than the national interest. In short, we have gotten from him the antithesis of what we were promised and expected -- in the substance and process of policy both. We have instead a conventionally minded politician overly respectful of the status quo and deferential to those who control and profit from it, A man with no apparent fixed convictions.

Serious health care reform is gone with the wind. It cannot be retrieved. All other domestic issues pale in importance by comparison -- except for the financial crisis. On that front, Obama has behaved exactly as he now has done on the health care front. That is to say, viewing the world from the prejudicial perspective of the high and mighty while neglecting his duty to the citizenry and those who put their trust in him. The question: 'who really is Barack Obama?' is more compelling than ever. The answer looks to be more and more disheartening.

Huffington Post

Now I've always felt that Obama was a supremely articulate politician, but wholly inexperienced for the job however, I am very surprised that he has been unable to maintain the public's delusions of hope and change longer.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,515 • Replies: 5
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 05:54 pm
yeah prolly time for a lynching.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 01:08 am
@slkshock7,
Well, we are getting change. In spite of that, I continue to hope.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 08:08 am
I am not disillusioned by Obama. The American public is fickle, in my opinion.
dyslexia

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 08:24 am
@Foofie,
I am very disillusioned by obama, the right wing had me convinced he would walk on water and raise the dead.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 12:06 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I am very disillusioned by obama, the right wing had me convinced he would walk on water and raise the dead.

i just realized he's not white...
0 Replies