Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,614 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 12:54 pm
Fire when ready, critic!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 01:06 pm
I happen to believe just the opposite, in that the cheap labor Republicans could learn a bit of civility.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 01:10 pm
Quote:
But he abused the trust placed in him, pushing a partisan agenda that has left the nation weakened and divided. Yes, I know that's a rude thing to say. But it's also the truth.

It's not the truth. It's a biased opinion. What partisan agenda was pushed? The nation has been strengthened, not weakened. And that's the truth.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 01:12 pm
My truth is bigger than your truth! Nyah, Nyah! Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 01:14 pm
Seriously, this has been going on since the country was created. Some of us had better go back and read the periodicals of the days of Washington, Adams, Jefferson, et al. Not to mention the scandals of 1876 (one hundred years into the Republic and those dang journalists were not just nipping at the heels of the politicians, they were biting off their feet!).
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 01:22 pm
I know. I feel compelled at times to stick some positive amid the nabob cacophony.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 01:29 pm
I have to work on being that cockeye optimist myself sometimes -- Bill Maher says to be more cynical and sometimes I think he's right. No, he's left. No, he's right. Who the hell knows?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 01:31 pm
And I didn't know we had Indian dignataries on the forum. Are they all named Bob? Laughing

(Nay Bob)
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 01:36 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 01:38 pm
Anyone here watching HBO's new "K Street?" I posted something about it and I'm still trying to figure out what Clooney and company are trying to do. Very experimental and difficult to follow.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 01:50 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Anyone here watching HBO's new "K Street?" I posted something about it and I'm still trying to figure out what Clooney and company are trying to do. Very experimental and difficult to follow.

I am completely hooked! K Street used to be the one I watched, while perched for Carnivale. Now, K Street is the draw. I'm sort of amazed at the view Matalin is allowing. Did you see the scene where someone told her they were surprised that, after her idealistic, important career, she'd chosen to slum as a lobbiest/PR rep? They characterized her as having sold out. Her answer--"I've got kids to feed..."

I don't know how much of an inside view we're getting--but it's much more than anything we've had before.

Me: enthralled.
You?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 02:08 pm
I'm hooked just because I'm fascinated at where it seems to be going. There's little delicious tidbits like the one you described and then the last episode that sprang backwards two months kind of threw me off.

I love Matalin's candor about lobbying and how much money there is to be made. They're both onery partisans so it sure puts a new twist on opposites attract, huh!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 05:06 pm
It is starting to seem like a new campaign/PR tool of some notable politicos.
Boxer made some brownie points, and Schuman (?Dem NY), specifically. Both anti-Saudi. That was a good show--and it pissed me off to see the Matalin/Carville firm bending over backwards to justify their Saudi bedfellows... Evil or Very Mad

Hey. Maybe we should start a thread to commiserate. Very Happy
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 05:45 pm
I'm hooked on most HBO original films, series, etc., but have found Carnivale, K Street, and the movie with Maggie Smith, filmed in Tuscany, to be uniformly unwatchable! Go figure!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 05:45 pm
I started one in TV and then moved it to Politics but it got buried:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12273
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 06:18 pm
SHUT UP!! :wink:
Nice to see your flower, Tartar!
Do you mean you didn't like My House In Umbria??? Get out!

<um, no. don't get out. hang around.>

LW, thanks for the link. We'll have to go there are criticise Tartar! Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 06:33 pm
Didn't care that much for "My House in Umbria," and "Carnivale" has to unfold -- they have the atmosphere and time frame right but the storytelling is just getting started. It is a series, after all. As to "K Street," I have no idea where it's heading yet and Clooney himself said they were creating and writing it as they go along. I still want to give it a chance. Well, this should be over on the proper thread although I am ribbing Sofia for "taking a break."
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 06:34 pm
(I'll admit they have a tough bill to fill trying to come up to the level of "The Sopranos," "Six Feet Under" and "OZ!")
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 06:43 pm
I agree, K Street meanders. Carnivale reminds me of a David Lynch movie which I like, the bizarre. OZ is so intense, Sopranos good too.
0 Replies