Dictatorship would suit EU well….

Ann43

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:24 am
I live in Vienna, Austria, and I am a democracy ardent fan. But now I’m becoming more inclined to dictatorship.
According to sociologists, muslims are going to make here bigger community than protestants even. Those are not only quantities changes… it relates quality of our traditional life here. Look the other day head of a huge muslim family living next door pointed to me that my wife and my daughter’s outfit “hurt the senses of true Muslims in the district”.
Well, folks. I guess we’ll have to leave this place me and my parents and their parents have been living in for years and move to another one not so much flooded by those muslims. But if that muslim invansion stays the same we’ll have to quit this country for some other. I am not happy with the perspective at all.
IMO we need some tougher administration to preserve or habitual things/ our life style and all that. Perhaps we should sacrifice democracy itself to save the title nation from full disappearance in highly aggressive muslim world.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,389 • Replies: 4
No top replies

fresco

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 02:54 am
@Ann43,
Don't extrapolate to "the EU" what might be a trait embedded in the local Austrian psyche. After all, Austria produced Adolf Hitler and tolerated a recent statemen with a Nazi history. It may be that a xenophobic trait has its historical origins in the collective fear of the mongol hoards at the gates of Vienna in 1241...who knows ! This is not to say that Muslim immigration is non-problematic, but it is not catastrophic like dictatorship.
fresco

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 03:55 am
@fresco,
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1160972/The-far-right-march-rise-fascism-Austria.html
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 04:02 am

I suggest that u KEEP democracy
and throw out the Moslems.

Thay have no right to enter your country.

David
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 04:05 am
@fresco,
Not to forget that thanks to the Muslims, Vienna got the traditional Kaffeehäuser (coffee houses).

Well, and then we've the Austrian-Hungarian empire with a couple of more Muslims living there for centuries than in all modern Austria ...

But although Hitler Haider is dead, his followers are still there.
0 Replies