Goodbye a2k

aperson

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 03:47 am
You have helped me more than any single person or physical group could. Thank you for helping me find myself and my beliefs. I have to leave you guys now, but maybe I will come back one day.

Thanks to all,
aperson

ossobuco

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 04:11 am
@aperson,
Is there some reason for being so dramatic? A lot of us come and go at a2k over time. Please don't take your leavetaking as a solemn promise never to post again. You are part of us, even in absense.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 04:40 am
@aperson,
Well, do well, and don't be a stranger.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 05:01 am
Hasta la veeeeeeeestaaaaahhh

baby cakes Smile

see you soon
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 08:25 am
Congrats on your graduation (playing Pomp and Circumstance). However, feel free to come and go, as we all do. We'll require a fully detailed report when you get back of what you have explored and learned.

Shalom
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 07:55 pm
I'm a drama queen at heart Laughing but I won't be coming back. I've made preparations to ensure that. So here it is, my last post, dramatic as ever. Au revoir!
TTH

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 08:05 pm
@aperson,
Sad Sad Sad
bye aperson
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 08:17 pm
@aperson,
Bye bye, aperson!
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 03:36 pm
I await the new poster by the name "theperson"

T
K
O
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 04:09 pm
@aperson,
aperson wrote:

I'm a drama queen at heart Laughing but I won't be coming back.
I've made preparations to ensure that. So here it is, my last post, dramatic as ever. Au revoir!

Good bye, Person. I wish u plenty of Good Luck, Joy, Beauty and cash.

David
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 05:48 pm
@aperson,
aperson wrote:

I'm a drama queen at heart Laughing but I won't be coming back. I've made preparations to ensure that. So here it is, my last post, dramatic as ever. Au revoir!

this sounds like a suicide note.
roger

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 05:57 pm
@Diest TKO,
Smile
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 05:58 pm
@chai2,
I really hate to have to agree with you Chai.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:06 pm
Adios, a.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:08 pm
@chai2,
if it is, unless anyone has their personal info..we are helpless.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:34 pm
I'm going to say that the suicide note idea is a misread. It might sound similar to language someone might use in a note like that, but the behavior is not congruent with that kind of thing.

This didn't strike me as a call for help, nor did his posts seem like they were disturbed in any way to warrant concern.

Though I've been wrong before...
K
O
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:36 pm
I'm thinkin' no.

(but silliness nonetheless)
Ragman

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 06:45 pm
@Rockhead,
True dat. They didn't say "Goodbye, world!".

But.."We are the world"
Cue Michael Jackson
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 08:21 pm
I was alarmed when this came up:
Quote:
You'd think it'd be good. In a way it kinda sucks. I sometimes get into quiet, deep, reflective moods and I feel like discussing life and death and reality and truth and meaning and reason and human nature and the future, but I have no one to talk to that I know first hand. Some of my peers are more intelligent than me in maths and in terms of IQ, but none of them think. I mean, they do think of course, about video games and exams and girls, but they don't actually think deeply about anything. My parents only care about shares and work and what horrible **** is going down in the world lately. Their minds are closed to any big question, just like everyone else.

Last year I owned my school exams, but only due to lots and lots of study in the preceding 3 months or so. I am doing a Philosophy course at university for a challenge, though the it is more geared towards logic than typical Philosophy. I get bored in lectures. I got A+ in the first assignment, one of the only two in the class. And seriously, I say this without any arrogance: I feel like I am living in a world full of morons. Even the lecturer is stupid. It frustrates the hell out of me.

I am losing enthusiasm for school, and I'm worried that I'll end up getting lazy and flunking my exams. I still have almost two years to go. It's worrying me, and I don't feel any real incentive to work hard any more. Whilst being generally popular and well-liked, I find I have an inability to connect with people. There's no-one who I can talk to about everything that goes on in my screwed up mind. I have never had a best friend for longer than two years. As soon as I get close to someone, I start to lose interest in them, and they in me. I am beginning to have a slightly existentially nihilistic view on life. Nothing really matters. Real morals don't exist. Life is pointless.

I don't even know what I'm asking from you, a2k. Just talk to me. Please.

0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 08:55 pm
We had fun apersonage, don't forget the zeroth law of thermodynamics!

If A and C are each in thermal equilibrium with B, then A is also in thermal equilibrium with C.
0 Replies