Do I need to ground my cat?

roger

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 09:49 pm
@ehBeth,
I may have just been outmanouvered by a fluff brained cat. He went out in the morning, as planned. How the heck do I keep him in at night if he doesn't come back?
dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 11:48 pm
@roger,
He'll not come in for the food that has been unavailable since breakfast?
roger

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 12:41 am
@dlowan,
Well, uh, you know. . . . The food has kind of been there all day, and he's not locked out.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 01:11 am
ground cat may not be a socially acceptable dish however a little cayenne pepper and some pastry out to jazz it up a little.
roger

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 01:48 am
@dadpad,
Nooooo. I don't really think you are quite up to speed on the situation. I'm sure I don't need to grind him, at least not indoors.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 01:51 am
Is he back yet, Roger? (What time is where you are?)

Just hope there isn't a friendly neighbour dishing out free cat feeds!
roger

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 01:58 am
@msolga,
Un huh. He showed up an hour ago. I'm getting a bad feeling about his new training schedule. I don't think he's sociable enough to get people to feed him, but you never know.

I really don't want to pull the bowl during the day. Spooky could stand to lose a little weight, but I don't want them both upset at once. Anyway, neither of them really chows down, you know. That's a dog thing.

Right now, it's just shy of 2:00 a.m.
msolga

Reply Thu 23 Jul, 2009 02:07 am
@roger,
So he finally showed up at around 1 am, Roger?

It's not going to be easy teaching this critter new habits, but good luck anyway!

(p.s. Sometimes it's not people actually feeding your cat, but food being left out (which your cat can eat!) for their cats.)
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 05:33 pm
@roger,
Perhaps I could suggest that you isolate your cat from ground, that way he won't be able to discharge readily. Or how-about a FaradayCage?
roger

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 06:37 pm
@Chumly,
I believe my first post mentioned the problem was not electrical in nature. I was expecting you much sooner.
dlowan

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 06:41 pm
@roger,
How's the rat/cat battle proceeding, Rattus?
msolga

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 06:58 pm
@dlowan,
Yeah, Roger, I'd be interested in hearing how it's going, too.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 07:03 pm
@dlowan,
It continues to be a mixed bag. Night before last, I kept food out all night, and pulled it as soon as Nerm went out on his rounds. No problem when he came in for the midday nap, but he was ready to eat after the second prowl. He wondered around the food place, sat down and watched me for awhile, then checked for the bowl again. The guilt got to me, but then I had to keep him in from 7:00 p.m. till morning, and it doesn't get dark these days till about 8:30.

Same thing today, except he went out for the last time at 6:30. He hasn't been fed for awhile, so maybe he'll be back in a timely manner, and in for the night.

Overall, it's going better than I expected. He's actually been more friendly than usual. Could be he's decided I'm not someone to mess with. Right now, the bowl is on the floor, waiting for him. This relieves the pressure from Spooky, who is not taking the project as well as Nerm. Spook goes outside too, but seems to lack the investigative instinct. He's always in by bedtime, anyway.
msolga

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 08:21 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Overall, it's going better than I expected.

Oh good! Very Happy

Quote:
He's actually been more friendly than usual.

Ha! The penny's dropped! You control the food!

Hang in there with the food rationing thing, Roger. It's the key. He will learn to come when it's eat time, especially if he knows the food will be removed if not eaten by a certain time. Good luck! Carry on! Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 08:45 pm
@roger,
Applauds Rat!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 12:33 am
Done good, Ratty!
roger

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 12:39 am
@margo,
So far, so good.

Like the guy that jumped off the building. Somebody stuck his head out of the window and asked how it was going. The guy said "So far, so good." Still, the only thing with more patience than a cat is an oyster.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 01:33 pm
@roger,
I'm positive you don't have to be so negative.
roger

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 01:41 pm
@Chumly,
You need to be grounded, if not shorted.
dyslexia

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2009 01:44 pm
@roger,
garage has been missing for 2 days, her food bowl is full.