my visit with edgarblythe

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 02:54 pm
We made use of the roadside "rest areas." It's great to stop, do your business, and be gone, with no hassle. I heard a radio voice telling that some states have begun shutting down the facilities at these stations. Boarding up the restrooms and all. Spriggin' grinches.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 03:28 pm
Thanks for letting us all know you made it safely home. Back in the days when I actually worked with tools in my hands, I would have enjoyed working with you.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 02:11 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Thanks for letting us all know you made it safely home. Back in the days when I actually worked with tools in my hands, I would have enjoyed working with you.

I always try to have a few laughs when working. That and a great deal of patience is what keeps me on top of things. I always become good friends with co-workers. A few lost it at the end, but in general, we had a good time of it. My current working buddies are a Mexican and a Honduran. If anybody feels nosy, they are legal. If I get a chance to repeat the visit, I want to find one of them smart coffee mugs to bring along. I like my coffee to maintain temperature until I finish at my leisure.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 02:38 pm
Edtgar, when I saw an update to your thread in my email list, I immediately clicked on to see what was new.

Please keep trying to talk Mrs. Edgar into moving to New Mexico. This place will start having a larger core of a2k'ers, which is always good.

We all had such a good time with you and Mrs. Edgar and I often think how nice it would be to see you both again. I know it's a long drive, but we would be so happy to have such good company again.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 03:23 pm
Unfortunately, mrs edgarblythe will never even consider moving to Albuquerque. I think she would consider Denver, to be with our daughter, but I don't want to drive those roads in wintertime. So I nixed that one. I want very much to come back for a real visit, but can't put anything solid down here. I don't know what to tell you at this point.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2011 02:01 pm
0 Replies