Happy 80th Birthday, BBB

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 11:46 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
My primary physician was outraged when I told her about the unprofessional treatment I received by the orthopedic physician. We are taking a complaint to the Presbyterian Hospital and I've already received a phone call about it.

I have an appointment with another ortho surgeon 9/3, A long wait, but a doc I have confidence in. At least I will get a true evaluation and some pain relief.

BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 09:16 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I saw my new orthpedic surgeon 9/3. He x-rayed my knee, hip and my lower back. He is satisfied my hip is not broken. He thinks my right knee prosthesis is not loose, but thinks it was my knee cap that that was popping.

He said I have severe arthritis in my hip, knee and in my back, which he thinks is causing most of my pain. He has referred me to a back doctor and I will see him later in September. He gave me a cortisone injection to my right hip, which has reduced the severity of my pain. I can even lift my right leg enough that I’m able to drive my car again.

If I’m careful, I can walk again without using my crutches for short periods. I’m not overdoing it until I can restore the muscle strength in my legs. My doctor said I can use my exercise bike for two minute sessions, stopping if it hurts.

So far, I’ve lost 35 pounds and will keep trying to lose weight because I know it will help my body recover.

I had the ultra sound 9/4 for the doctor that will examine my legs for vascular ulcers later in September. I couldn’t have tolerated the pain of the squeezing of my legs had I not had the cortisone injection the day before.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 12:19 pm
It sounds more hopeful with the new doc. Here's wishing you the best.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 10:42 am
@edgarblythe,
Making Progress. Installed a safety bar next to my toilet. Added three additional safety bars in my shower to the one I already had and bought a shower chair. Now I can get up from the toilet without falling in and can safely take showers so I don't stink.

Ain't live wonderful?

BBB
ossobuco

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2009 10:43 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Glad to see you online, BB. And good about the progress..
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 12:30 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I GOT THE SOB DOCTOR FIRED! He messed with the wrong broad!

My primary physician told me last week that the hospital fired the doctor that wouldn't treat me. She thanked me for my reporting him to the hospital and she was happy he is gone.

BBB
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 04:32 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Making Progress. Installed a safety bar next to my toilet. Added three additional safety bars in my shower to the one I already had and bought a shower chair. Now I can get up from the toilet without falling in and can safely take showers so I don't stink.

Ain't live wonderful?

BBB

Quality of life returning.
0 Replies