should screaming at work get me fired?

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 05:43 pm
@Green Witch,
good point greenie.

but engaging in conversation and manipulating people to buy stuff are sorta different.

but there is a wide variety of options to explore.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 06:27 pm
@OGIONIK,
Quote:
but engaging in conversation and manipulating people to buy stuff are sorta different.

You apparently have no sales experience.
OGIONIK

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 07:29 pm
@Green Witch,
im not good at selling , no.

but i see the point u make quite clearly.

there is a difference tho, albeit its only the point of the conversation.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 03:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Yeah, I figured retail would be better for me, since my anger's gone and there's nothing to burn me over there. Unfortunately, none of the retailers I've applied to ever got back to me. And btw, ALL cash registers crunch the numbers for you, not some. I was a cashier at my current job until my register came up short. That's why I moved to the kitchen in the first place. Sad
Mame

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 09:58 am
@dirrtydozen22,
Customers can burn you in any workplace. One could come up to you with a snotty attitude (I've experienced that) and make your day miserable. Get several of those in a row, and you might lash out. Why not go and see someone about your anger?
Green Witch

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:08 am
@OGIONIK,
Quote:
im not good at selling , no.

The only people who make money in this world are those how have something to sell and know how to sell it. It's why you and DD22 have such a problem in the job world.
Gargamel

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:12 am
Perhaps you'd be better suited to the kitchen at Shoney's. Have you ever been to Shoney's? The clintele there are constantly screaming at each other, slapping their children, etc. You could accidentally dunk your head into a deep fryer and run shrieking and flailing about the restaurant, no one would notice.
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 07:01 pm
@Mame,
By "burn," I meant literally. Like at retail, there's no ovens, fryers, or burners, or anything kitchen related to burn me. People simply getting on my nerves don't cause me to lash out that easily anymore. Anger Management for Dummies really did wonders to my life. I started reading it right after I got canned from Wal-Mart in January and by April, I got my anger problems resolved for good. I got wrongly blamed more than once at McDonald's and as much as it sucked, I didn't get angry like I did at Wal-Mart.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 08:18 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Quote:
Anger Management for Dummies really did wonders to my life. I started reading it right after I got canned from Wal-Mart in January and by April, I got my anger problems resolved for good

Great, but the people around you are not going to believe that you have changed until you put together a record of being calm and collected. This might take years. It will however never happen if you do stuff that can be interpreted as being anger related, for instance screaming.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 06:02 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Anger Management for Dummies really did wonders to my life. I started reading it right after I got canned from Wal-Mart in January and by April, I got my anger problems resolved for good

Great, but the people around you are not going to believe that you have changed until you put together a record of being calm and collected. This might take years. It will however never happen if you do stuff that can be interpreted as being anger related, for instance screaming.

She said that thay don 't KNOW
about her ex-anger problems at the earlier job.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 12:33 pm
@Green Witch,
well then, apparently im screwed.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 12:35 pm
@OGIONIK,
seriously that is an issue, i dont know how to sell things.

but umm, i am the way i am. if "society" or the "market" doesnt accept it then we shall engage in bout of fisticuffs. Im not going to fail because im not what some other person thinks i should be, or act they way they think i should.

try me.

Razz jk heh.
Mame

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 12:44 pm
@OGIONIK,
As long as you can sell yourself (and stay out of sales), then you'll be okay. The thing about sales is that if you are selling a good product, it sells itself. You just give them all the parameters and ba-da-bing, it's sold. I used to sell Avon and I did nothing more than trot around to houses and leave brochures. Of course I had samples and knew the products, but I never tried to sell anyone anything. I made quite a bit of money doing that back in the day.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 12:58 pm
@Mame,
i fail at selling myself.

yeah, my mom told me to learn how to do it.

my problem is i dont hesitate to list my weaknesses. apparently i should lie. ie start working a cash register again.
you would think theyd like to know im not good at the cash register though, it aint my money i cant keep track of. its theirs.
Mame

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 01:03 pm
@OGIONIK,
No, you don't ever ever ever list your weaknesses. Rule #1 - Keep everything positive. No negative comments about previous bosses, co-workers, failings you might have - NONE.

Say things like, "I've never had an opportunity to use that program but I'd be happy to learn it" or "I'm looking forward to improving my sales techniques"... you get the drift?

You can do anything you want to do - your only limitations are the ones you set for yourself.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 01:20 pm
@Mame,
but then i end up on the cash register, and they end up wondering why my register is never balanced.over, under.. i just cant do math like that, and have to be social at the same time

lol.. i dont process numbers like everyone else does. i cant explain it. i need time to count. and i need to double count because i miss things alot, even TRIPLE count, but thats not acceptable at a register, they want speed and blah blah blah.

either my register is "short", or my line is "long", and they complain either way. i dont mind though, i work until they realize im not getting better or faster at the register, but usually it results in cut hours which isn't acceptable in this society/market.

i need full time or i have to commit crimes to stay "afloat", which sucks.

^_^

i guess its better than not having a job, but whatever lol.

I think ill do amazing at this job though, no math! YAY!

god people are so dumb. if a person ever refused to list their weakness to me when i was interviewing them, id say

"stop"

"get the hell out of my office"

"do you think your some sort of god? that **** dont fly in this company"
chai2

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 01:25 pm
why do you associate selling with always lying?

I'm not going to say that doesn't happen, and believe me, I'm a very skeptical person.

However, if you really do have a good product or service (in this case, you) you aren't lying when you sell yourself.

Stop using the word "lie" and "sell" interchangeably, it really makes you look immature and dense.

You say you want all these changes in your life, but I haven't seen you do much, if any, of the footwork to make yourself the person these changes will happen to.

I like that....be the person you want these good things to happen to.

Perhaps you really don't have a good product to sell, have you thought about that?

Potential employers, and people, are just supposed to accept you as you are? Well, from the way you communicate, I say they are.

They are accepting the fact you are immature, lacking in any sort of initiative, have zero follow through on anything. I've given up on reading any of your posts that go past a couple of sentences, because you just circle back again and again to this same issue that you want to be a slacker, not caring about the quality of your work, but expect others to not only accept that, but reward it, in this case, with a paycheck.

Suck it up and "be the change you want to see in the world"

Don't lie, but instead make yourself a person you don't have to lie about.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 01:44 pm
@chai2,
umm ok me = slacker = in your dreams.

lol!

my problem is that i work too hard, at the art store job they had a rule that if a customer asks where something you have to walk them there, not point it out.

(i didnt know about that rule but guess what)

i had been walking people to items the whole time. EVERY SINGLE TIME. without fail. 100% period, except ONCE the lady told me about 5 times that she was fine with me just telling her what aisle. lol.

after i got off work id memorize the aisles and products..

off the clock, let me emphasize that.

they had a meeting and brought up the walking-to-items issue, they tried to like make an example of me, We know robert over there ahsnt been doing it. *insert record coming to an abrupt stop sound*

i said "Excuse me, id dint know about the rule but i have never ONCE pointed somewhere or told them the aisle number"

"insert their snide remark"

"Sorry, I have been walking people to the thing they ask for since day one PERIOD. dont try and tell ME different, AND i didnt even know about that rule."

Needless to say some low-level management types started not liking me.

but the upper level mangement loved the **** out of me, going so far as to have me show regional management around the store.

having me do inventory, having me DO EVERYTHING!
having me set up decorations, everytime they needed something it was *pshstcrrzzck* robert come to the office please!"

except the cash register, my facorite manger, who nobody else liked tried valiantly to have me not put on cash register, but if your short over 5 dollars or over 5 dollars 3 times your terminated.

So, i went under 7 dollars one day and that was it, 2 weeks later i was done.(no thanks in part to the management i had made feel stupid) oh well!

hence why i usually dont put forth an effort, as effort doesnt = pay

no matter what i do i get the same pay rate, and no benefit except personal satisfaction.

**** calling ME a slacker, you would be graced to have my working at any of your companies. sorry, reality sucks, i learned it yall have to learn it too.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 01:47 pm
@OGIONIK,
and at every job i have had to sell things , it has been lying.

best buy tries to get people to sign up for magazines.

they say that it wont charge you card ever , but lo and behold people coming back asking me why its charging their card?

**** that. blaming me?

seriously?

And i go in there about a year after i quit, talking to a pc guy about which parts are in which pc, he had no ******* idea, but his spiel to get me to buy the stuff almost worked.

psyche.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 01:48 pm
@OGIONIK,
sorry, ive never met someone selling something that wasnt lying.

unless your trying to get me to think that lying isnt bad when u need to sell stuff because its your job?

i have no clue, but i think you are lying

:L
0 Replies