should screaming at work get me fired?

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 07:51 am
@contrex,
i dont think so, being hurt without nwoing its coming ILLICITS a RESPONSE.

if u arent paying attention being the cause i can understand chastising her for that, pay attention, but for being burned and yelling.. i mean it depends what kind of yelling.

iono, especially with burns, they are sharp intense random greasey ******* horrible experiences.

someone forgot the valve on the bottom of a fryer was open for draining, not wide open but leaking, i open the drawer cuz grease is pooling on the floor a little bit and i know they just drained the grease. when i opened the door rag in hand and i had grease sprayed all over me, crouching down, my face and pants/shoes.

i remember screaming "are you ******* KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!"
my boss understood completely.

fortunately.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 08:02 am
Once upon a time, I worked at a special event company. My boss was taking a client on a tour through the Art dept. when I burnt myself with the hot glue gun. On the top of my thumb, on my metal ring. I said loudly and clearly "****". I did apologize and she did understand.

I think with maturity and age, I am now quite good at muttering under my breath. You never want to make a display out of yourself.
0 Replies

mm25075

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 03:22 pm
Not everyone is cut out for cooking in big kitchens.

The cut in hours may also be indicitive of other behaviors that are displayed. Sometimes it's more a matter of bad job fit. Perhaps you should consider looking for alternate source of employement during your cut hours. Honestly, most people don't plan on becoming a manager in fast food resturant. (no offence meant by this to anyone in that position) It's a very hard job, dealing with a wide variety of new to the workforce individuals.

What about a job in construction? There, one yelling for the sake of 'safety' could well be considered a bonus skill. Smile
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 04:46 pm
@contrex,
I know it's wrong to do what I did. I woulda loved to be able to control it, but it came out as a reflex. I don't feel special or entitled to anything. I just asked this question bc my counselor *cough* shrink *cough* said that screaming could be grounds for termination and I was seeking second opinions. I don't feel it's OK to scream. At all. And I take full responsibility.
Mame

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 04:47 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Well, good for you, but stop doing it.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 04:50 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
does this mean that you are working on your anger and lack of self control issues??
dirrtydozen22

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 05:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
I already resolved my anger issues a few months ago.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 05:38 pm
I'll say it again, I think you would receive a world of benefit from some yoga exercises/classes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 07:33 pm
Hi, Dirrty - this bothers me from your original post:

"The thing is, I would love to be able to refrain from screaming, but I'm more sensitive to pain than my coworkers, who gets burned just as frequently but never scream."

It's true that people's pain thresholds may vary, but it seems to me that yours might not be so much more sensitive, but that you are much more reactive as a person.
So.. with that in view, I can see the usefulness of butrflynet's suggesting of taking up yoga exercises.
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 09:13 pm

dirrtydozen22

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:39 am
@ossobuco,
lol my father said something along the lines of that. You know, that I'm prolly more reactive than anyone else, not more sensitive.
Mame

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:02 am
@Ticomaya,
wow... good ad!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:51 am
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:

lol my father said something along the lines of that.
You know, that I'm prolly more reactive than anyone else, not more sensitive.

See if u can find a better job; look around.
Check the want ads.

The worst that can happen is nothing.

Maybe u can get into a hobby that involves
associating with other people on a voluntary basis;
people who will give u their social attention, without threatening u.

Maybe at election time, u can volunteer to work for a candidate.
(U might get a job from that too.)

dirrtydozen22

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 03:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I've only been here for 3 months. I'll prolly try that like a year from now. I'll stand a better chance.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 03:31 pm
@dirrtydozen22,

Good luck.
It all comes down to keeping control of your emotions,
whether u r screaming (mad) at people
or screaming from the pain of a burn.

Screaming does not make a burn hurt less.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 03:39 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:

I've only been here for 3 months. I'll prolly try that like a year from now. I'll stand a better chance.

start now, craigslist..

i havent found anything from it, well, i have found leads but nothing went all the way, i almost had a job at a veterinarian though..

the assistant i overheard saying sounds like he would do great! but the main lady said i dont like him AT ALL..

i was like aw, then they saw me, they though the door shut all the way..

:/

drrty, what do you enjoy doing?
dirrtydozen22

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 03:55 pm
@OGIONIK,
anything that involves associating w/ ppl and dealing w/ customers.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 04:05 pm

Maybe get a job as a salesgirl, or a cashier ?

Some of the cash registers crunch the numbers for u.
OGIONIK

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 04:57 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:

anything that involves associating w/ ppl and dealing w/ customers.

hrmm u should be able to find a job rather easily like that, unless u are in a small town or something.

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 05:38 pm
I agree with David about sales. Maybe a clothing store that offers commissions with sales like The Limited or The GAP. You might really be able to control your reactions to people if you have a money incentive thrown in.