UNREPORTED

RAJPUT

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 03:44 am
The racism exist in western europe. particullarly in uk lot of rasict attack been carried out by the right wings like national fornt, kkk, british national party,
Ten or fifteen years ago these groups i have mentioned above were on their peak. Now it is pay back time from the uk born minorty lads. They don't seems to take any garrbage from skinheads. Now the racism has changed it's face it is not bout beating helpless people or ppl from the ethnic backgrounds it has gone further than that I WILL CALL IT INSTITUTIONAL RACISM, eg not getting a decent job eventhough you meet the criteria. Or if you do get a job work load will be massive dat u end up quiting it
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,398 • Replies: 4
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 05:51 am
racism will always exist, the most an individual can do is not participate
contrex

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 11:34 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
the most an individual can do is not participate

I disagree. A person can: challenge and speak out against racism, join or support political parties and groups opposed to racism, provide an example of non racist behaviour, help and support victims of racism, report illegal racist behaviour to employer/law enforcement agencies/school authorities, bring up their own children to respect people of different ethnic groups, and so on. Slavery and segregation were not abolished by people merely "not participating".
djjd62

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 11:44 am
@contrex,
agreed, but slavery and segregation have not been eliminated everywhere and never will be

as for racism is was speaking in a general sense, seeing what i wrote i meant the best, not most, everything starts from the self
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 11:54 am
There are basically two kinds of racism. They can be classified as prejudice or discrimination. Prejudice is how one feels about members of another racial group. There is nothing that you, I, or anyone else can do about another person's inner feelings. The other kind, discrimination, is what occurs when an individual or group of individuals express their feelings in such acts as denying jobs or housing to other racial groups. That's something we can do something about. It happens to be illegal in most countries.
0 Replies