EcoWater 3000....... Repair or replace?

verona

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 06:42 pm
@luckytravelor13 ,
I have a 3000 that leaked on input side. I used two part liquid epoxy on the outside and welded the crack with soldering iron on inside...had to open the head tonget to the inside and relieve the pressure, also replaced the venturi tube with vinal tubing from Orchard hardware. All seems to be working now.
0 Replies

verona

Mon 30 Oct, 2017 06:45 pm
repeat..used two part liquid epoxy to repair leak on outside and welded plastic on inside with soldering iro and more epoxy, along with replacing the verturi outflow inflow tube with vinal, and cleaning everything all seems well for now
0 Replies

pugly

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 01:39 pm
@Davethewaterdoctor,
Hello, Do you have the two new teflon coated disks and new seals for 123.75 still I would be interested in buying. I have the same system ecowater 3000 here is my email address pls contact me when you get this message. also How much is the resin media?
[email protected]
cherrie

Wed 16 Oct, 2019 07:51 pm
@pugly,
Davethewaterdoctor hasn't posted here since 2010. I doubt he's going to see your message.
0 Replies

Jeffreyd357

Sun 16 Aug, 2020 08:03 pm
@firedawgsatx,
great job at replacing a seal and gasket kit. As a former technician for a WCO dealer I'm quite in the know on what happens to any eco unit after a number of years depending on different water conditions. The solution to a unit that still has brine draw in that cycle but still fills the brine tank in service or any other cycle is indeed a cracked or etched rotor which needs replacing with a seal and gasket kit which gives you both rotors and both seals as well as a new disc journal and 2 small orings to replace on the drain side rotor. cost is about $165 for the kit when I worked for them. I am certain a dealer would mail Expedite them to u if a technician wont come out.
0 Replies

Jeffreyd357

Sun 16 Aug, 2020 08:04 pm
@janNaplesFL,
Pentair in Ohio or Nelson in Ohio can send u any tank lid. most Fleck kids are 33 inch rounds. goto their site via Google and u should be able to find it.
0 Replies

Jeffreyd357

Sun 16 Aug, 2020 08:06 pm
@dougp47,
Absolutely a disc and seal kit is about 165 bucks when I was a tech. It's easy to do yourself and can usually order one from the dealer regular mail.
0 Replies

Jeffreyd357

Sun 16 Aug, 2020 08:10 pm
@SONOFNUN777,
Yes the disc and rotors are indeed the same for yours and theirs all the R denotes in the model code is the resin content therefore the size of tank but the head unit is the same. Order a disc and seal kit and replace both side rotors and seals plus orings about 165 bucks when I worked as a technician and it will be good as new except having resin with several years on it. Resin has a half life and starts to degrade badly after 16 years on heavy iron water.
0 Replies

Jeffreyd357

Sun 16 Aug, 2020 08:12 pm
@scottie429,
Disc and seal kit for sure. The unit is designed to count every single gallon you guys use so noway you are going through that much potassium without it leaking out the drain or filling in service. the repair is the same disc and seal about 165 bucks and u can do it yourself have them just mail it .
0 Replies