Anti-Immigrant jerks harass grieving family of crash victim

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 08:06 am
Ana Fernandez was one of the the crash victims in the DC train crash last week. She was a hard worker and a mother of six and was described by those who knew her as "gentle and kind".

Her family is getting hate calls. These jerks are accusing them of using the crash to get immigration benefits and demanding that this family not get the benevolent funds set up for crash victims.

The reason they are targeting her family? The only explanation is her Spanish name. Ana was a legal resident and all of her children are citizens.

Harassing people after a tragedy is asinine.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0609/634780.html

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 08:16 am
It illustrates how many are guided by prejudiced emotion, with no efforts to think.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 08:51 am
Lou Dobbs would be proud.

T
K
O
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:04 am
the world is chock full of assholes...what more can be said?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 11:35 am
Unbelievable. I despair for the human race.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 11:53 am
Quote:
Family members say the calls were left at a phone number announced by the Spanish language television outlet Univision, to leave messages of support for the family.

The messages have been erased and cannot be recovered, according to family members.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=87798&catid=189

so not only is this not a situation were someone is calling the family, but in all likelihood the calls came from a Spanish speaking person, likely a legal immigrant who is opposed to illegal Aliens not following the same laws that they did. And we have no recording on what the caller(s) said, we have no information on the number of calls, and multiple reports are that the call was not a hate filled speech but was rather a questioning of the dead woman's legal status and her families right to part of the $250 million that the transit agency is paying the family members of crash victims.

This is not at all the sitution that Brown claims that it is.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 07:36 pm
@Diest TKO,
Quote:

Why?

I admit to the fact that I very rarely listen to or read Dobbs, but maybe I should.

I take it that he is encouraging people to torment all immigrants - legal or illegal.

That's pretty low, and I'm surprised CNN let's him do such things, but if he would be proud of this story, he must be a real shitheel.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 07:43 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Quote:
Unbelievable. I despair for the human race.

That's a bit melodramatic.

Read this, it should make you feel better about the human race:

http://www.amandaripley.com/blog/dc_train_crash/
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 08:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Quote:

Why?

I admit to the fact that I very rarely listen to or read Dobbs, but maybe I should.

I take it that he is encouraging people to torment all immigrants - legal or illegal.

That's pretty low, and I'm surprised CNN let's him do such things, but if he would be proud of this story, he must be a real shitheel.

Strangely accurate Finn. LOL.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Nice link Finn. I live here in DC, and I think the people here are super kind (no matter how we are portrayed elsewhere in the country).

T
K
O
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 02:26 pm
What did Hoover, Truman, and Eisenhower have in common?

Here is something that should be of great interest for you to pass around.
I didn't know of this until it was pointed out to me.

Back during The Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered the
deportation of ALL illegal aliens in order to make jobs available to American
citizens that desperately needed work.

Harry Truman deported over two million Illegal's after WWII to create jobs
for returning veterans.

And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 13 million
Mexican Nationals! The program was called 'Operation Wetback'. It was

done so WWII and Korean Veterans would have a better chance at jobs.
It took 2 Years, but they deported them!

Now...if they could deport the illegal's back then - they could sure do it today?

lf you have doubts about the veracity of this information, enter 'Operation
Wetback', into your favorite search engine and confirm it for yourself.

Reminder: Don't forget to pay your taxes....
12 million Illegal Aliens are depending on you!
roger

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 02:56 pm
@Advocate,
Hard to know when to stop, huh Advocate?
Advocate

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 03:36 pm
@roger,
I just want to add a little common sense. The illegals jumped ahead of those following the rules, have taken jobs from citizens, driven down wages, been a drain on the states, and have damaged the environment. Too bad you guys, who are probably unaffected, can't see this. Former presidents did.
roger

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 04:45 pm
@Advocate,
Swell. And how, exactly did you determing that Ms. Fernandez is an illegal? Not from reading the article, so don't bother with that.

And please don't make assumptions on what I can and can't see.
Advocate

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 07:09 pm
@roger,
That is so silly that it doesn't warrant a reply. Please reply to my points, if you can.
roger

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 07:20 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

I just want to add a little common sense. The illegals jumped ahead of those following the rules, have taken jobs from citizens, driven down wages, been a drain on the states, and have damaged the environment. Too bad you guys, who are probably unaffected, can't see this. Former presidents did.

If this is your point, it has been responded to in the first post.

Clearly, anything you can't respond to doesn't warrant a reply. Party on, dude. I'm not sure why anything you have to say warrants a reply.

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2009 09:50 pm
Illegal immigration costly to nation

Wednesday, July 1, 2009 10:21 AM EDT

The current administration, backed by a majority in Congress and a complicit media, is attempting to provide amnesty to illegal immigrants and circumventing the will of the American people. Such amnesty has the effect of undermining the rule of law and encourages future illegal immigration. It legalizes more workers to compete with Americans for jobs at a time when the unemployment rate is 8.5 percent and rising. Amnesty is very costly to the American taxpayer according to government statistics, as illegal immigrants will have low-paying jobs that contribute little tax revenue to the government.

Illegal immigrants who would be legalized under an amnesty program are typically low-skill workers. According to 2007 statistics, low-skill illegal immigrants on average receive $3 in government benefits for each dollar of taxes paid, a net imbalance of costs to U.S. taxpayers of $89 billion per year. Over a lifetime, the typical low-skill illegal immigrant household costs the taxpayers $1.2 million.

The cost of amnesty alone would reach $2.6 trillion once the recipients reach retirement age.

With the federal debt at $10.7 trillion at the start of 2009, now is not the time to allow individuals who have not paid into the system access of the benefits of America's welfare system.

The reintroduction of infectious diseases such as tuberculosis in the United States comes in great part as a result of uncontrolled illegal immigration. Such diseases had been largely stamped out and are now making a comeback as a result of unregulated illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants also make up 30 percent of our prison population, putting a drain in law enforcement and correction facilities and costing taxpayers billions per year. The recent swine flu outbreak indicates this type of danger.

Former Congressman Virgil Goode, an opponent of both affirmative action and illegal immigration, in an appearance at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, as a guest of Youth for Western Civilization, was able to complete his remarks concerning the topics even in the face of rude, juvenile, irrational and pathetic protestors.

Most of these individuals seem to not be aware of the facts mentioned above concerning the cost to the United States and to the protestors themselves, nor did they seem to care. Emotion, not thought, was the energizing force behind their actions.

Goode was able to get across his points, stating, "I don't believe in (racial) preferences. I think the greatest weight by far should be given to objective standards like SAT scores and grade point averages."

With the liberals in Congress and the individual currently in the White House intent upon giving these illegal aliens citizenship, which they do not deserve and have not earned, Virgil Goode is a sorely missed voice in the Congress.

--wpcva.com
ebrown p

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:42 am
@Advocate,
Advocate... listen very carefully.

The family in the story (the ones who the anti-immigrant extremists are targeting) are not illegal immigrants. They are a mix of legal immigrants and US citizens.

This is the whole point.... these people assume that any Hispanic is an illegal immigrant-- and that any thread that involves a Hispanic is about illegal immigration. Although whether you think it is acceptable to harass a grieving family in any circumstance is another interesting question.

Why can't you guys figure out the difference between legal and illegal immigration?

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:50 am
@ebrown p,
It won't do any good to explain, ebrown. They just like to hear themselves rant.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2009 11:26 am
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

The family in the story (the ones who the anti-immigrant extremists are targeting) are not illegal immigrants. They are a mix of legal immigrants and US citizens.

That is so frustrating. People will read what they want to read, or what they think you wrote. Then they reply to what they think. If you catch me doing the same, just remind me that I am just sitting around talking to myself.
0 Replies