Michael Jackson suffers Cardiac Arrest

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:37 pm
Prince is his real name . . . Prince Rogers Nelson.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 01:50 pm
We first saw Michael Jackson on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1969. I remember my sister running through the house screaming "Come see this little black boy singing!!!" Him and his brothers were just SO damn impressive to us then. There weren't as many black people on tv then so that in itself was an attraction, and we hadn't EVER seen a little kid (besides stevie wonder in films singing 'fingertips') perform the way he did.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 01:51 pm
@Mame,
Prince did NOT call himself "the artist formerly known as". That was given to him by others because his glyph had no pronunciation. He wanted nothing to do with the name "Prince" out of protest against the music studios.
chai2

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 08:45 pm
Just a weird, random thought....

Jackson's 2 oldest children are what? 10, 11 years old now?
Not so interested in little kid stuff. Growing up.

I'm not at all implying his death was intentional.

But his life, his home, everything about him, was all about being Peter Pan, never growing up.

He had kids, they were ready made to share never never land with him.

2 of them are getting beyond that.
What were they going to start thinking about a father who behaved like peter pan?

Oh, not while they are 11 or 12....maybe 13. What about when they are 20, 21, 25?

It must have been difficult for Jackson to realize his children weren't going to be children forever.
Ragman

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 09:59 pm
@chai2,
how about this scenario: He owed $400 million and he was having a lot of difficulty with moving/dancing. His health has suffered mightily due to his injuries to back/leg etc. and his breathing have been quite impaired. He is known to have a serious lung problem. He just couldn't do enough to overcome his physical deficits and stage his combeack. He was described recently as being quite frail. He was a desperate man and sinking deeper in debt by the minute.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 11:21 pm
...and winter was coming and the dogs were snapping at his heels...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 12:28 am
I used to listen to his music back when I was young and it was the Jackson 5. By the time he was doing Thriller etc, it wasn't the style of music I would listen to, and he continued to move further away from what I was interested in. He also got progressively weirder, to the point I was a member of the "Wacko Jacko" group. Simply put, I would never let that nutter alone with my children. I can't now claim to be someone who is particularly grieving over his passing, and in all honesty, I don't really give flying ****.
eoe

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 12:45 pm
@Wilso,
so why are you here?
Mame

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 02:20 pm
@eoe,
Amen.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 02:57 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

so why are you here?

Why are you? I'm not entitled to express my view? Does the thread title only request fans? You got any more idiotic fuckin' questions?
chai2

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 03:51 pm
@Wilso,
wilso, eoe is one of the finest (and by finest I mean kind, intelligent and classy) people I've met here.

She didn't deserve your toilet mouth.

If you're going to call someone foul names, do it to me, because I really don't care (as you can see by my current sig lines)

I sincerely don't understand though, why you think someone is attacking you when they go the least against you ideas.

moving on, so you don't have to imagine I'm attacking you wilso...I'm addressing the forum at large.....

I wasn't the biggest michael jackson fan out there either. mostly I saw him as a broken person.
Not really surpised he's dead, what with health problems, etc..

Thinking more on it though, I don't see it as that outlandish an idea that the realization his children were growing past the age that I gather he wished he could be forever was very hard on him.

Linkat was saying on another thread that she was feeling a little sad because she realizes her oldest daughter is now old enough to shave. I'm sure it's bittersweet. You're losing your baby, but realizing you child is growing into a good woman.

For a self styled peter pan, having your children growing past the age of the lost boys in never never land would leave a big void.

Yes, that's the only world they have known, but, c'mon, sooner or later the vast majority of people don't want to live in an amusement park. We all experience that time when we can't wait to grow up and be an adult. What kind of role model did they have for that?

Again, it doesn't have anything to do with his death directly. I'm just saying it had to be hard.

As far as his debt, that to me feels at least partly because of this wanting to be child-like forever. Children don't worry about debt. They don't understand limits.

just some thoughts

Wilso

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 06:24 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

wilso, eoe is one of the finest (and by finest I mean kind, intelligent and classy) people I've met here.

She didn't deserve your toilet mouth.

If you're going to call someone foul names, do it to me, because I really don't care (as you can see by my current sig lines)

I sincerely don't understand though, why you think someone is attacking you when they go the least against you ideas.

eoe wrote:

so why are you here?

I will ask again. What was the motivation behind the question? I couldn't give a rat's arse if someone disagrees with my view on Michael Jackson. But the question doesn't make any observation about the validity of my opinion. It just suggests that I didn't have the right to express it in this forum. So maybe someone could please explain what the **** was it's intention in the first place.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 06:46 pm
I might also point out that I didn't refer to anyone else's opinion in my original post. I neither agreed or disagreed with any particular view. I simply gave my own.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 08:25 pm
I just figure, if you don't give a ****, a rat's ass, or whatever it is you don't give, then why bother giving your time to this thread?
p.s. thanks chai2.
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 10:24 pm
@eoe,
THIS JUST IN.

API June 27, 21:15. ------------------------

Quote:
AS of the report time and date , sources from the Cholla Vista police department have acknowledged that Michael Joseph Jackson, 51, is still dead
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 02:04 am
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

I just figure, if you don't give a ****, a rat's ass, or whatever it is you don't give, then why bother giving your time to this thread?
p.s. thanks chai2.

There you go everybody. Don't express an opinion. No need for web forums. Why are any of us even here? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 11:02 pm
My wife asked me today how long we were going to keep hearing about MJ's death for. I told that if the Princess Di saga was any indication we can expect the news to start to subside in roughly 12 years. It has that feel about it.
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 12:31 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
My wife asked me today how long we were going to keep hearing about MJ's death for. I told that if the Princess Di saga was any indication we can expect the news to start to subside in roughly 12 years. It has that feel about it.

That soon? Ya think?
hingehead

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2009 08:40 pm
@parados,
Quote:
He wanted nothing to do with the name "Prince" out of protest against the music studios.

Not strictly true - it wasn't a protest, he couldn't legally record under the name Prince due to contractual issues.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 03:11 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Quote:

That soon? Ya think?

Every time she sees another MJ story, she's completely perplexed. I don't know if it's part of Thai culture, or part of Buddhist culture, but as far as she's concerned he's dead. Bury him and get on with your life.

For my part, all these people standing for days outside his homes are ******* losers. I can't imagine ever being that rapt in a celebrity that their death would affect me that much. They should get a life of their own and stop living (or dying as the case may be) through others.