Michael Jackson suffers Cardiac Arrest

chai2

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 05:23 am
@Eva,
I read a blurb last night of Quincy Jones saying something about his dying so young.

Well, yes, 50 is a young age to die, but the way he it sounded was like as if he was 20 or something.

I mean, he was young to die, but not THAT young.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 05:38 am
I'm going to die if they don't return the tv's to regular ******* programming.
djjd62

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 06:10 am
first the king of pop, now the king of poop, new york city street person and satellite radio star Tippy Tom, RIP
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 06:13 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I'm going to die if they don't return the tv's to regular ******* programming.

"This breaking news just in - Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead!"
Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 06:14 am
I was riding the bus to work one day, maybe 20 years ago, and overheard two black men discussing him:

"Micheal left Indiana a cute black boy, and arrived in Los Angeles an ugly, middle-age white woman."
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 06:14 am
@chai2,
ok, I know this is on everyone's mind.

I guess I'm going to have to be the one who says it.....

has anyone noticed gus hasn't been posting?
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 06:38 am
perhaps gus was michael jackson...
chai2

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 06:51 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
duh...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 08:36 am
@chai2,
Oy, you beat me to it, again.

On topic, I agree with eva and eoe... it was very sad to watch his descent into craziness the last few years. I have no idea if he was guilty of sexual misconduct with those children but I really hope not. I bought my daughter Thriller when it came out - we danced to him all the time - what was that ...25+ yrs ago? Sad. It seems he was very lonely and alienated at the end. He seemed to be a bit of a tortured soul. I wonder what's going to happen to his children now.
sozobe

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 09:09 am
One thing I've been curious about is Prince's reaction to this. I've searched but since one of Michael Jackson's kids is named "Prince" I'm not coming up with much.
djjd62

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 09:17 am
TMZ who were the first to report the 911 call, and the first to report his death, are now saying that the police have towed away the BMW of Jackson's personal doctor and want to speak to the MD who is MIA

the family reports that Jackson received daily demerol shots and had a shot yesterday at about 11:30 am, the 911 call was about 1 hour later
Ragman

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 11:26 am
@djjd62,
It has been reported in 2007 Jackson had to settle a debt of $100,000 to an LA pharmacy. He also was reported by his family friend and former lawyer to be on multiple medications for pain due to his back and leg injuries. In fact, this same friend/lawyer warnec the family and Jackson about the med problem being potentially fatal, ala Anna Nicole-Smith, back when that tragedy occured. The entertainer's inner circle had ignored his warnings.

"Lawyer Brian Oxman, a spokesman for the Jackson family, told CBS's "The Early Show" on Friday that he had been concerned about the prescription drugs that Jackson took due to injuries suffered while performing."I had warned everyone that I could warn and I told them that one day, Michael Jackson is going to wake up dead, which is a very odd way of putting it ...," Oxman said.
"I do not want to point fingers at anyone because I want to hear what the toxicology report says and the coroner says but the plain fact of the matter is that Michael Jackson had prescription drugs at his disposal at all times," he said."
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 11:37 am
@Mame,
I kind of have the same thoughts as you - I hope he didn't harm any of those children - he was a great performer and did lots of charitable work and donations.

I had a little bit of tears in my eyes this morning listening to his music on the radio...and I thought thats weird why would his passing make me sad? I realized it is because his music and performance is part of my childhood - almost as if part of my childhood died too. I did have a little crush on him when he was a boy - he was 4 years older than me and I used to listen to ABC, Ben and the older motown songs and think - well he is only 4 years older, we could get married.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 11:42 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

One thing I've been curious about is Prince's reaction to this. I've searched but since one of Michael Jackson's kids is named "Prince" I'm not coming up with much.

Here you go!

www.facebook.com/.../The-Artist-Formerly-Known-As-Prince/26902622857 -

Okay, that link doesn't work, but google The Artist Formerly Known as Prince. And MJ named two of his kids Prince.
sozobe

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:06 pm
@Mame,
I thought he was back to Prince again, not "formerly known as..." Anyway, I found the Facebook page, but it didn't say anything about Michael Jackson...? (Question mark because maybe I missed it...)

I saw somewhere that Prince, Michael Jackson and Madonna were all born within three months of each other.
Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:08 pm
@sozobe,
Prince, June 7, 1958, Madonna, August 16, 1958, and Michael Jackson, August 29, 1958--all according to Wikipedia.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:19 pm
I remember a big article in our paper here when all three were turning 40.

I've been curious to hear a statement from Ms. Ross.
eoe

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:22 pm
@eoe,
here we go"Ross' statement released just an hour ago.
"I can't stop crying, this is too sudden and shocking. I am unable to imagine this. My heart is hurting. I am in prayer for his kids and the family."
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:31 pm
@sozobe,
Other musical members of the class of '58:

Shawn Colvin
Mary-Chapin Carpenter
Babyface
Meredith Brooks
Bela Fleck
Kate Bush
Randy DeBarge
Bruce Dickinson
Belinda Carlisle
Vernon Reid
Lita Ford
Simon LeBon
Nick Seymour
Nikki Sixx
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:35 pm
@sozobe,
I think he dropped the Artist Formerly known as Prince and is using something else - maybe his real name, which I don't know. Maybe google Celebrity response to MJ's death?