ye gads and little fishes - what is kim jong ii gonna put in my front yard the 4th of July

Sglass

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 03:57 am
Going to Kona from Hilo, Big island i drove Saddle Road. This area is home to Mauna Kea Observatory and a large military installation. Enhanced activity and military movement was quite obvious.

For the first time since i've lived on the Pacific Rim i am grateful for China being there.

Jong with his hair trigger insanity is making me nervous with his saber rattling.

But a missel on the 4th of July.

Pueo must be busier than hell if he is still on Guam.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 680 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 05:22 pm
@Sglass,
I got an e-mail from a former colleague asking why the Norfth Koreans are threatening to shoot missiles at me. He was quite sure the threat was personal and not directed at Hawaii in general.

Actually, I'm not sure that Kim Jong Il's toy missiles could hit Seoul when fired from Pyngyang, let alone travel half-way across the Pacific Ocean. But, apparently, our military is taking the threat seriously and the news sources have been full of stories about how prepared Hawaii is to blast anything that comes within shooting distance out of the skies. Good.

And you have a valid point about China, Sglass. I think the sleeping giant is getting a little bit annoyed with the North Korean gnat buzzing about to China's south. Wouldn't be surprised if, sooner or later, the erstwhile ally goes for the fly-swatter.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 05:36 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Agree.
0 Replies