1
   

Medical malpractice

 
 
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 11:24 am
I received 2 prescriptions with the labels on the wrong bottles. What recouse do I have?
 
Merry Andrew
 
  2  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 11:33 am
@Lawabider,
Quote:
I received 2 prescriptions with the labels on the wrong bottles. What recouse do I have?


Switch the labels. You caught the mistake in time. What's the problem?
joefromchicago
 
  2  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 11:37 am
@Lawabider,
Switch the labels.
0 Replies
 
Lawabider
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 11:44 am
@Merry Andrew,
uh...can you spell L-A-W-S-U-I-T ?
ebrown p
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 11:46 am
@Lawabider,
I think you spelled it correctly... but wouldn't it just be easier to just use a dictionary?
0 Replies
 
joefromchicago
 
  2  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 11:47 am
Who do you want to sue? What are your damages?
Merry Andrew
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 11:55 am
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
What are your damages?


Exactly. That's why I asked this so-called self-described "law-abider" what his problem was. I don't see where there is any.
0 Replies
 
roger
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 12:01 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Bet it's easier to switch the contents.
Merry Andrew
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 12:47 pm
@roger,
y'know, I hadn't thought of that, Rog.
0 Replies
 
Green Witch
 
  2  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 01:09 pm
This is same guy who is babbling on in another thread about how instead of paying taxes and relying on government departments to fix the roads and remove garbage we should do it ourselves -something about being self reliant. Now he's looking to sue over a fairly trivial mistake. He's not about taxes and medical malpractice - he's about the money. He sure loves the government and their laws when it comes to squeezing a few bucks out of pharmacy. He probably considers himself a Libertarian.
Lawabider
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 02:25 pm
@Green Witch,
Your diatribe and tirade is getting a bit taxing Greenwitch. My issue with Pharmacies placing the wrong labels on prescriptions is a very serious one. I volunteer and help out those with special needs and disabilities by driving them to medical appointments and to pick up thier perscriptions. I believe that you are wrong to make out the pharmacy's error in labeling as "trivial." Suppose one medication was for joint pain and the other needed in the onset of a heart attack. Who do you think would be liable if a death occurred?

I looked at this special needs person's bottles after his son noticed the error. The contents of the big bottle would have overflowed the smaller of the two bottles. The labels were definately placed wrong. Even if somehow he switched the labels (which is not easy without tearing the lable) the contents the big bottle just could not fit into the small bottle where its lable was placed on. How many others has happened to? This is a very dangerous error and there should be safeguards and overseers in place to double check these types of serious errors before being released to the patient.

I am also not in this for "the money" as you state. You need to also be very carefully with your statements about me online and in public. There is such a thing called "libel and slander" which is "a false report maliciously uttered and tending to injure the reputation of a person."

I hope you can less denouncing in the future and more thoughtful in your critique of my writings.
Lawabider
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 02:33 pm
@joefromchicago,
See my reply to Greenwitch. This is not about me. It is about what happened to a cognitively impaired (special needs) friend of my who I volunteer to drive to medical appointments and to drive him to pick up his prescriptions. This is a very serious error on the part of the pharmacy. I believe a fine of some type on the pharmacy or, in lieu of that, some type of monetary compensation for my friend would be in order to be sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. Other wise it is just a slap on the wrist for the pharmacy and business as usual.
joefromchicago
 
  3  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 02:34 pm
@Lawabider,
Lawabider wrote:
I looked at this special needs person's bottles after his son noticed the error. The contents of the big bottle would have overflowed the smaller of the two bottles. The labels were definately placed wrong. Even if somehow he switched the labels (which is not easy without tearing the lable) the contents the big bottle just could not fit into the small bottle where its lable was placed on. How many others has happened to? This is a very dangerous error and there should be safeguards and overseers in place to double check these types of serious errors before being released to the patient.

Then call the pharmacy, tell them they made a mistake, and have them switch the bottles. Geez, just get a grip.

Lawabider wrote:
I am also not in this for "the money" as you state. You need to also be very carefully with your statements about me online and in public. There is such a thing called "libel and slander" which is "a false report maliciously uttered and tending to injure the reputation of a person."

Oh, man up, Nancy. Rolling Eyes
joefromchicago
 
  3  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 02:36 pm
@Lawabider,
Lawabider wrote:

See my reply to Greenwitch. This is not about me. It is about what happened to a cognitively impaired (special needs) friend of my who I volunteer to drive to medical appointments and to drive him to pick up his prescriptions. This is a very serious error on the part of the pharmacy. I believe a fine of some type on the pharmacy or, in lieu of that, some type of monetary compensation for my friend would be in order to be sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. Other wise it is just a slap on the wrist for the pharmacy and business as usual.

Then report the pharmacy to the appropriate state agency that regulates pharmacies. If you truly are interested only in protecting the public, then you wouldn't care if your friend received monetary compensation or not -- especially considering that your friend didn't suffer any damage as a result of the mix-up.
Lawabider
 
  0  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 02:58 pm
@joefromchicago,
Just remember this whenever you are in an assisted living facility and minimum wage workers are supplying you with your meds. Are you gonna trust that they know what they are doing or just go with the flow.

My beef is that this should NEVER happen at all. There should be hefty fined in place to make sure it doesn't happen. Someone in that pharmacy is daydreaming.
Lawabider
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 03:01 pm
@joefromchicago,
That is for his doctor to deligate. I don't how long he has been taking the wrong meds. He has been complaining about night sweats, difficulties in breathing, and sleeplessness.
0 Replies
 
Lawabider
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 03:03 pm
@joefromchicago,
So since you may be from Chicago, what are your views on those cameras installed at traffic lights to catch red light and no turn on red violators? Pro or Con?
panzade
 
  2  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 03:11 pm
@Lawabider,
You're a rather disingenuous poster Lawabider.

Let's start at the beginning

Here's your thread title
Quote:
Medical malpractice


So we figure the poster is going to discuss medical law

then the post
Quote:
I received 2 prescriptions with the labels on the wrong bottles. What recouse do I have?


but nooooo....you told a little white lie...it didn't happen to you as we find out here
Quote:

I looked at this special needs person's bottles after his son noticed the error.


If you want to prevent this happening in the future just go down to the pharmacy and give 'em a piece of your mind....maybe somebody'll get fired for dozin on the job.
Green Witch
 
  2  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 03:17 pm
@Lawabider,
You're going to sue me now for calling you a greedy Libertarian Shocked . Please do, but you'll have to find me first. This may surprise you, but Green Witch is not my real name. How about I call you a Poopity Head to really get things going - so there!
Lawabider
 
  1  
Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 03:27 pm
@panzade,
I help this disabled person alot with many things. He gives me permission to discuss matters over the phone and online as representing him because he does not have the ability to. So in essence he has given me power of attorney as his voice. He also doesn't want to get anyone fired. He does, however, want to be sure this doen't happen again; to anyone!

Now check this scenario out: You get a prescription from your doctor. You have it filled. You think you are taken meds for joint pain every 4 hours. Somehow you find out you are really taking 2 sleeping pills every 4 hours (that is 12 sleeping pills a day!) Wouldn't this be a cause for concern for you? Taking an over dose of sleeping pills can be life threatening. The workers at the pharmacy need to be competant and know what they are doing. If not they need to be fired and/or the pharmacy fined and/or the patient compensated for their error. This is just common sense.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Medical malpractice
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/19/2019 at 06:30:04