has anyone ever worked in hastings video and book store as a barista?

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 09:53 pm
im going to start working there in the cafe. im pretty nervous ive never worked in place making drinks or anything in a matter of fact. i would like some advice on how to not be super nervous and if anyone has ever worked there to pass on some advice. thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,473 • Replies: 2
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 10:06 pm
@april1989,
I never worked for them but did spend a lot of money with them when I lived in Sierra Vista Az. I do manage retail food service though. For Batista almost no one cares what you know the day you walk in the door, most of the time if they do care they want you to know nothing so that they can train you in their way of doing things. As long as you are not stupid, and can pick things up as you go, you are fine on the technical parts of the job. What really does matter for 90% of the new people is how they get along with the rest of the staff and how they come off to customers. You want to feel out your manager and find out what is wanted. Is it chirpy, friendly, constant smiley face, borderline slutty, professional?? Find out by watching what the other do, and pay attention to what you are told about expectations. The person who hired you knows what you look like, and where you come from, they also took a guess about what your personality and demeanour are, and thought that you would be a good fit. Deliver that, and you are golden.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 10:06 pm
@april1989,
No, I haven't worked there, but I have been nervous, as in before making a speech in front of a few hundred (oh, never mind). Nervous or not, keep breathing, deeply and quietly. You'll probably zing from nervous to bored, and back again. And you aren't the only young person working there.

Come back and tell us how it goes.
0 Replies