Sarah Palin thinks David Letterman is a meanie and a creep

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 08:53 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

Since I have not heard any so called "republicans" bashing Sarah Palin lately.......

Isn't it obvious? Apparently not.

Do you not realize, that us Dems want Palin to be put forth for National office? That we encourage you Republicans to keep elevating her?

And do you know why?

Cycloptichorn
Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 09:02 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I am sure you will enlighten me. Please do.

PS: Just for the record, I am not registered with any political party. I would not support Gov. Palin on a National ticket. She may be a good Governor, but to me, any position atop a National Ticket would be over her head.

That being said..... I patiently await your obvious reply. Cool
Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 09:03 am
@revel,
Quote:
Since Letterman made the joke and then you made the above remarks concerning democrats in post # 3,674,931, it is reasonable to assume you think Letterman represents all democrats since other than Letterman no democrats are really going on about Palin or her daughter too much.

You assume wrong. However, that too seems to be a trait of some in this "chat room".
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 09:07 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

I am sure you will enlighten me. Please do.

PS: Just for the record, I am not registered with any political party. I would not support Gov. Palin on a National ticket. She may be a good Governor, but to me, any position atop a National Ticket would be over her head.

That being said..... I patiently await your obvious reply. Cool

It's really immaterial to me who you are 'registered' with, you are obviously a Conservative - at least you have portrayed yourself as one here. There are a lot of you guys who don't call themselves Republican any longer, but it's not the same thing as being moderate or independent.

As for the reason us Dems want Palin to be elevated, it has to do with the fact that... any position atop a National ticket would be over her head Smile

Extremely so. She embodies the idea of anti-intellectualism.

Cycloptichorn
parados

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 09:17 am
@Yankee,
Quote:

You assume wrong. However, that too seems to be a trait of some in this "chat room".

Of course, it could be that the original posting was exactly as many saw it.

Sometimes its best to look to yourself before you blame others. Using a broad brush often leads to people thinking you are using that brush for a reason. It is often much easier to clarify rather than getting defensive. Failing to clarify only reinforces the opinion about why you used the brush in the first place. Claiming that only your view is "objective" instantly makes it very "subjective".
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 09:28 am
http://www.usmagazine.com/files/obama-girls-b.jpg
Obama Birthday Party Video
The little one can dance!
panzade

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 09:40 am
@H2O MAN,
let me guess...you're dissin Ob1's kids?

and we're supposed to learn a lesson here?

smooth....
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 09:46 am
@panzade,

What is Ob1?, is there a cure or can you just wash it off?

Is the dancing girl Sasha or Malia Obama?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:04 am
@genoves,
Quote:
RACISM is the deadliest sin in the USA.

Given the sordid and ugly history of the "bastion of freedom", it's hardly surprising that it ranks way up there.
0 Replies

Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:16 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
It's really immaterial to me who you are 'registered' with, you are obviously a Conservative - at least you have portrayed yourself as one here. There are a lot of you guys who don't call themselves Republican any longer, but it's not the same thing as being moderate or independent.

Then you should not paint people with labels or group people you have no knowledge of.

Yes, I would consider myself somewhat conservative, but not the way you would define it.

Quote:
As for the reason us Dems want Palin to be elevated, it has to do with the fact that... any position atop a National ticket would be over her head

ALAS! We agree!

Quote:
She embodies the idea of anti-intellectualism.

Never heard that description of her before. How does she demonstrate any hostility towards intellectuals?
Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:17 am
@parados,
Looking at some of your posts, you might take advantage of the advice you provide to others.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:20 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

Quote:

Then you should not paint people with labels or group people you have no knowledge of.

Yes, I would consider myself somewhat conservative, but not the way you would define it.

Quote:
As for the reason us Dems want Palin to be elevated, it has to do with the fact that... any position atop a National ticket would be over her head

ALAS! We agree!

Quote:
She embodies the idea of anti-intellectualism.

Never heard that description of her before. How does she demonstrate any hostility towards intellectuals?

Every fiber of her being screams anti-intellectualism. It is the core of her ethos; she honestly believes that true study and understanding can be substituted by partisan tropes and shallow answers. I've never seen someone so unintelligent, placed on the national stage, while being so cock-sure of their intelligence at the same time. It was either a gigantic joke on her part or an incredible sadness for everyone.

As Republicans and Conservatism has gone into decline in America, many of your kind have sought to distance themselves from the failures of the ideology. It's nothing new. A2K has been full of 'conservatives' who make it clear they are not 'Republican' - they just supp0rt Republicans, argue their causes, and attack Liberals all day.

It doesn't matter to me what you wish to call yourself. You certainly are not some middle-of-the-road political guy. Put up some posts attacking Republicans and Conservatives, the way you seem fond of doing about Liberals and Dems, and maybe you'll earn some cred in that area. Otherwise, prepare to be lumped in with the crowd you probably don't want to be lumped in with.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:23 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Every fiber of her being screams anti-intellectualism.

How dare you speak of Mrs. Obama that way?
Shame on you!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:25 am
@Yankee,
Yankee asked

Quote:
How does she demonstrate any hostility towards intellectuals?

as Noam Scheiber put it:

"A trip through Palin's past reveals that almost every step of her career can be understood as a reaction to elitist condescension--much of it in her own mind.

0 Replies

Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:30 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I think you have a different understanding of the meaning of anti-intellectualism than I do. Basically,, what you just said is she is "stupid".

Also, what do you mean when you say "my kind" have distanced themselves from their ideology? I was unaware Republicans had a different REAL ideology from Democrats today. It seems to me, and this is clearly apparent in New York State, both parties have one goal and one goal only.

That is to gather as much power and influence within their party and ignore the will of the people.

Only youthful ignorance is to believe anything else.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:36 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:

I think you have a different understanding of the meaning of anti-intellectualism than I do. Basically,, what you just said is she is "stupid".

Also, what do you mean when you say "my kind" have distanced themselves from their ideology? I was unaware Republicans had a different REAL ideology from Democrats today. It seems to me, and this is clearly apparent in New York State, both parties have one goal and one goal only.

That is to gather as much power and influence within their party and ignore the will of the people.

Only youthful ignorance is to believe anything else.

No, you are incorrect. There are definite philosophical differences between our ideologies. You cannot run away from Conservatism and its' failures by claiming that all politicians are equally bad, and therefore it's a wash. This is a responsibility dodge on the part of a group which has screwed things up badly when placed in charge.

As for the anti-intellectualism, it goes beyond being 'stupid.' It is the idea that education on a subject makes you less qualified to understand either that subject or real life in general. That's why you see phrases like 'Ivory-tower intellectuals' and Palin using "experts" with finger-quotes. She doesn't recognize study and education as an advantage, probably because that would clearly show how disadvantaged she is in this area, and that's a difficult thing to accept.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:38 am
@Cycloptichorn,

Cyclotroll is the antithesis of anti-intellectualism.
Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 10:54 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
There are definite philosophical differences between our ideologies. You cannot run away from Conservatism and its' failures by claiming that all politicians are equally bad, and therefore it's a wash. This is a responsibility dodge on the part of a group which has screwed things up badly when placed in charge.

I disagree. The 2 party system over the past 20 years has built such a wall between them that each party is willing to do ANYTHING to gain back power and influence.

Many describe "republicans" of being pro small Govt. Well, the 8 years of Bush prove that to be wrong. 8 years of republican congress support that falsehood.

Many describe "democrats" of of being big govt high taxes. The 8 years under Clinton prove that wrong and so far Obama has not YET done anything to prove that true.

Govt is not a game of "Chance Apiece". Yet the current makeup of the US Senate and the actions in NY State demonstrate my opinion prior.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 11:00 am
@Yankee,
All this post does is point out that 'many people' describe the parties in shallow and inaccurate terms, based on a very limited set of paramters. This does not contradict my statement in any way.

There's nothing wrong whatsoever with the current makeup of the US Senate, and they are in no way acting in a fashion which supports your contention. I suspect your major problem with the Senate is that it is now ran by Democrats.

Cycloptichorn
Yankee

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 11:03 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Well, then you are blind, I am sorry to say.

How can Nancy Pelosi refuse to meet with Republican leaders be viewed as anything but childish behavior?

Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) says he has requested to meet privately with Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) this year, but has been repeatedly rebuffed.

In an interview with The Hill, the minority whip said, “I have been told that Speaker Pelosi doesn’t like to meet with Republicans … I would say that is the case in my instance. I have put in requests to meet with her and have yet to be responded to.”

Hours later, Cantor would be on the House floor, questioning whether the Speaker should continue to receive intelligence briefings.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/cantor-complains-pelosi-refuses-to-meet-with-him-2009-06-08.html

(I know Cantor is an ass....yadda, yadda, yadda)