Free, Public Healthcare

Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 11:40 am
@H2O MAN,
Fire Departments used to be all independent and for profit. You paid for a fire department the way we now pay for insurance - it was mess. Look it up.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 11:43 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I also think we better off with social security and medicare than without.

No one has suggested going without these.
Are you claiming these government run system are perfect?
Are you claiming that the private sector could not do a better job for less money?

American history proves the private sector does a better job than the government for less money.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 11:44 am
@Green Witch,

Nothing is free, but the current set up is much less expensive that what Obama's plan will cost.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 11:53 am
@H2O MAN,
Nothing is perfect. However, I believe Americans are smart, resourceful and can do better than what we have now. The problem is many Americans do not see their government as an extension of themselves, but it is and we should demand it acts as such. I think we can learn from our own mistakes and learn from the good and bad of other gov't health care systems. Do you really think some CEO of an insurance company cares about you or your family? If you're healthy they want your money, if you get seriously sick they prefer you dead. All the CEO cares about his balance sheet. I know enough people in Canada and France to know that I'm embarrassed to compare our health care systems - I think we can do better - and it's not going to happen if we let the insurance companies continue to function like dicators.
Time for regime change in the health care of Americans.

Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 11:57 am
And another thing...If the private sector is so good at health care, why do Americans pay more than anyone else in the world for services? Why are fewer and fewer Americans able to access basic care? What's so good about our private system?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 11:59 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

Do you really think some CEO of an insurance company cares about you or your family?

Laughing Do you really think the CEO of country really cares about you or your family?

The answer is NO! PrezBO and politicians on both sides care about one thing... power over and control of the masses.
Socializing health care will finally give them the power and control they lust after.

We can not let this happen.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:00 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

And another thing...If the private sector is so good at health care, why do Americans pay more than anyone else in the world for services? Why are fewer and fewer Americans able to access basic care? What's so good about our private system?

Because the US government is meddling with the system... they need to butt out.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:13 pm
@McGentrix,
I think your system should work, but there would be a period in between when the existing system would have a really hard time. Current insurance companies would force members to use the government system since it is cheaper. Without insurance payments the private sector collapses.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:22 pm
@H2O MAN,
We have to demand our elected officials meet our needs or we don't vote for them. I'll take Obama over Bush any day when it comes to caring. It's why the Republicans got thrown out on their asses and Americans voted for change.

If you think single payer is "socialized medicine" you don't really understand the full picture. Right now we are slaves to the people who hold our benefits.

And just what do you think will happen if we all start pooling our money so everyone gets some decent coverage? Right now 60% of bankruptcies in America are caused by medical bills- who benefits from our current system?

How can anyone start a small business they can't afford health care? Our current system is killing the spirit of entrepreneurship in this country. I teach workshops for people who want to start their own business. The number one question I get "what about affordable healthcare?. i tell them my story and how I have to had insurance for years, it makes them think twice and becomes the reason most people decide to stay safe by working for a nanny corporation instead of being their own boss. Creating a system in which everyone pays and everyone gets care is going to save Capitalism, not kill it.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:23 pm
@H2O MAN,
National Weather Service. The Defense Department. (You asked for one, but I thought I'd give you a choice of two.)

Now answer my question.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:25 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

We have to demand our elected officials meet our needs or we don't vote for them.

Oh, but many folks do vote for and re-elect public officials that are worthless.
The system is flawed, term limits need to be shortened and the government needs to shrink.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:26 pm
@FreeDuck,

I've already mention our military and the NWS is an off shoot of the military... care to take another swing.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:31 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

I've already mention our military and the NWS is an off shoot of the military... care to take another swing.

Where did you mention that? So let me get this straight, you want me to name one thing that the government does that the private sector cannot do better even though you are conceding that such things exist. What's your point? When are you going to answer my question? In case you forgot, the question was how will socializing health care in this country make matters worse?

In case you hadn't noticed, it's your turn at bat.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:34 pm
@FreeDuck,

Have you read my post?
What is your question?
Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:38 pm
@H2O MAN,
It's not a matter of shrinking or expanding, it's matter of giving the people what they need. If it takes more government to make a healthy, independent population of Americans than it should be allowed to happen. If anything should be made smaller it's America's greedy insurance companies. And yes, Americans voted for Bush twice who spent every penny we had on building roads in Iraq and hiring incompetent mercenaries like Blackwater, that money could have given every man, woman and child in America a healthcare system we could have been proud of.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:39 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

And one more thing, the NWS is not an off-shoot of the military. It's under the Department of Commerce.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:40 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Have you read my post?
What is your question?

FreeDuck wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Where did you mention that? So let me get this straight, you want me to name one thing that the government does that the private sector cannot do better even though you are conceding that such things exist. What's your point? When are you going to answer my question? In case you forgot, the question was how will socializing health care in this country make matters worse?

In case you hadn't noticed, it's your turn at bat.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 12:58 pm
@FreeDuck,
That's actually one of my points, FreeDuck. Why would it be bad for people like myself to pay more taxes into a system that would get me healthcare? There are a lot of people like me who are willing to pay for the security. What's so dangerous about that? It's not like we're proposing we start dressing in Mao suits and begin goose stepping to Wagner.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 01:02 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

That's actually one of my points, FreeDuck. Why would it be bad for people like myself to pay more taxes into a system that would get me healthcare? There are a lot of people like me who are willing to pay for the security. What's so dangerous about that? It's not like we're proposing we start dressing in Mao suits and begin goose stepping to Wagner.

The truth is, it wouldn't be bad at all. In fact, it would represent a service improvement over what currently exists.

Cycloptichorn
dyslexia

Reply Wed 17 Jun, 2009 01:10 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Green Witch wrote:

The truth is, it wouldn't be bad at all. In fact, it would represent a service improvement over what currently exists.

Cycloptichorn
health care for everyone? It just seems so, so unpatriotic. could it be the slippery slope that leads to abolishing slavery? Do we really want to go there? Perhaps we could just have heath care for white protestant males.
0 Replies