entrapment or not

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:03 am
Here is the senario- 27 year old male in chat room having conversation with female and at some point conversation turns to sex and male finds out girl is 11 and says no offense but no way. Girl comes back and makes statements about whythey can't meet as she is not a snitch and also states and I'm not a cop. She sends a picture of herself, she is really a 28 year old detective on the internet. She says she is bringing someone of age with her. male stupidly goes to meet up with them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 21 • Views: 6,537 • Replies: 194
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:21 am
@my3girls,
not gonna speak to the legal aspects, but in the court of public opinion, he's screwed.

He went to meet up with an underage girl (dramatically underage) he knew had sexual issues...
Green Witch

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:32 am
I can think of only two reasons why a 27 year old male would agree to meet with a female child he barely knows:
1. To show off his life long Barbie doll collection or...
2. To fulfill some sick fantasy of having sex with a child virgin.
If the male does not own at least a dozen Barbies with full wardrobes and the pink Barbie beach house I think he should go to jail for sexual endangerment of a child. I think the law will agree with me on this issue.
BillRM

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 12:02 pm
@my3girls,
He screw as been shown in one case after another. For details see the Date line shows on catching predates.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 12:10 pm
So you're saying you saw a picture of a 28-year-old woman, took it for that of an 11 year old, and fell for it anyway? Sorry, you'll get no sympathy here . . . what were you doing cruising chat rooms in the first place?
djjd62

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 12:14 pm
yay, agrote came back
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 12:16 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:

I can think of only two reasons why a 27 year old male would agree to meet with a female child he barely knows:
1. To show off his life long Barbie doll collection or...
2. To fulfill some sick fantasy of having sex with a child virgin.
If the male does not own at least a dozen Barbies with full wardrobes and the pink Barbie beach house I think he should go to jail for sexual endangerment of a child. I think the law will agree with me on this issue.

I beg to differ...even if, especially if he has a barbie doll collection.

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 01:09 pm
@Setanta,
Yes, I was confused on that point too.

Is it that she sent a picture of herself, a 28-year-old detective, and this guy became interested in the 28-year-old detective? That doesn't seem to be much of an issue, if so.

Or is it that she sent a picture of "herself" (a picture of an 11-year-old girl, not really her), and the original poster fills us in on the fact that she's not really 11, she's really 28 and a detective...?
ebrown p

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 01:41 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
not gonna speak to the legal aspects, but in the court of public opinion, he's screwed.

Who cares about the "court" of public opinion?
BillRM

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 01:59 pm
@sozobe,
A picture of herself at what age?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 02:00 pm
@sozobe,
Exactly. I didn't reply to the original post because I didn't understand it. Still don't.
0 Replies

Rockhead

@ebrown p,
what's your point?
George

Here's the scenario:
Goofball posts inane but attention-getting post to forum.
Hilarity ensues.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 02:10 pm
@Rockhead,
My point is that public opinion has nothing to do with the issue of entrapment. And the term "court of public opinion" is an oxymoron. If public opinions were what mattered, we wouldn't need courts.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 02:11 pm
@ebrown p,
it may have everything to do with his trial...

(ask OJ)
ebrown p

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 02:14 pm
@Rockhead,
It shouldn't.

(OJ is free because of incompetent prosecutors ... not public opinion)
Rockhead

@ebrown p,
OJ is in jail...

(public opinion contributed)
farmerman

Read Mark Bowdens article in the upcoming ATLANTIC . Its a much better articulated version of this same question.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 03:52 pm
The one problem I had with the luring of men over the internet to homes for sex with young people is would real young people act and behave in the manner of the decoys?

From just the date line show it seem that the decoys act in a very sexual manner to the degree of almost being a sick fantasy sexual ideal of a young girl or boy.

Yes these men have problems but are they a real danger to real children on the internet? I am not convince that they are for the most part.

For that reason and that reason alone I have questions concerning these slings operations.
farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 04:11 pm
@BillRM,
See, now youre beginning to think like someone concerned about civil rights and equal protection. As much as we find these examples repugnant, we have to ask the question whether actual "entrapment" was the mechanism in use by the cops.