5
   

Why Are Conservatives So Mean?

 
 
H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 07:31 am
@djjd62,


GWOT is being fought on many fronts, Iraq and Afghanistan are just two battle fronts.
BTW, Bush and McCain had already suggested an AFG surge before the election

You said "liberals would like to try and open dialogue, perhaps reason with their enemies"

I'm saying that Obama fails to recognize that these Muslim terrorists can not be reasoned with.
0 Replies
 
Yankee
 
  0  
Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 07:37 am
@djjd62,
So it seems you feel there is such a wide disparity in views that there is no common ground for negotiations or compromise.

That is troubling. It also makes both sides wrong.

Do you agree with that assessment?
djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 07:42 am
@Yankee,
both sides are wrong, an ideology will never be perfectly correct, and it will always divide

that's why i refuse to align myself with any particular party

nihilism might be the perfect ideology, nothing really matters, and so what if it did
H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 07:45 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

both sides are wrong...


I disagree.

Alexis de Tocqueville nailed it.
joefromchicago
 
  2  
Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 08:17 am
@Yankee,
Yankee wrote:
WOW. Apparently you have low opinions of anyone who has a different point of view from you.

On the contrary. Some of my best friends are conservatives.

Yankee wrote:
Would that make you a narrow minded individual?

Not at all. I am remarkably broad-minded.

Yankee wrote:
Can we assume you are a "liberal" but have eliminated the "sensitivity training" from your teachings?

You may assume anything you like. In this case, however, your assumption would be wrong.
Yankee
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 08:26 am
@joefromchicago,
" Some of my best friends are conservatives."

Laughing I have heard that phrase before and usually it supports the initial observation.

0 Replies
 
djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 08:28 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Alexis de Tocqueville nailed it.


omsigdavid wrote:
This was foreseen by Alexis de Tocqueville:
the poor woud use democracy as a weapon
to steal from the rich and middle classes.


so we agree, democracy must be destroyed

djjd62
 
  2  
Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 08:42 am
@djjd62,
my post should have read like this

OmSigDAVID wrote:
This was foreseen by Alexis de Tocqueville:
the poor woud use democracy as a weapon
to steal from the rich and middle classes.


H2O MAN wrote:
OmSigDAVID gets it!


H2O MAN wrote:
Alexis de Tocqueville nailed it.


so we agree, democracy must be destroyed

H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 10:32 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:
Alexis de Tocqueville nailed it.


so we agree, democracy must be destroyed



This "Democracy" politicians are shoving down our throats is destroying our Constitutional Republic.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 08:15 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

my post should have read like this

OmSigDAVID wrote:
This was foreseen by Alexis de Tocqueville:
the poor woud use democracy as a weapon
to steal from the rich and middle classes.


H2O MAN wrote:
OmSigDAVID gets it!


H2O MAN wrote:
Alexis de Tocqueville nailed it.


Quote:
so we agree, democracy must be destroyed

We do not have a democracy,
so it cannot be destroyed.
Under our democratic republic,
the majority is not supposed to be able
to vote itself the property, nor other rights, of the minority.





David
0 Replies
 
DontTreadOnMe
 
  3  
Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 09:03 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

This is just priceless. On the video, Andrew Klavan (brother of Cliff?), addressing recent college grads, says:
Quote:
To put this in terms you can understand, Alexis de Tocqueville was some French guy who lived way back in history days, before Lara Croft's breasts jiggled when you jumped her up and down in Tomb Raider.



there was no world before lara croft's breasts jiggled.



0 Replies
 
bsee123
 
  3  
Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 05:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hate to tell you "man", but the US has been in a "world of hurt" for a long time.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/17/132942244/ikes-warning-of-military-expansion-50-years-later

"On Jan. 17, 1961, President Dwight Eisenhower gave the nation a dire warning about what he described as a threat to democratic government. He called it the military-industrial complex, a formidable union of defense contractors and the armed forces."

Or we could go back to the Great Depression where business owners had the country over a barrel in a very similar situation to right now. This recession is the rich trying to stay that way at everyone elses expense. I welcome freedom and hard work, but commerce has worked hard at making this country less free by locking us into a situation where we rely on jobs rather than our own ingenuity. Small businesses cannot flourish because the monopolies are in charge...not the government.

In the future, instead of throw insults and accusations about "Obama slaves", "abandoned free choice", blah, blah...please, back it up with specific examples that really make sense instead of using innuendo and embarrassment techniques. If you really had an argument it should be easy to back up... I've seen some good discussion on this page, but not from your posts for some reason.

RABEL222
 
  2  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 09:05 am
@bsee123,
The reason is very simple. Waterman is only interested in bringing Obama down through any means because he is black even if it means destroying our nation. Its the ultraconserative mantra. Their politicians state thier intentions in every speech they give. The fact that he is more conserative than liberal dosent make one bit of differance to them because he is black.
H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 06:31 pm
@RABEL222,
Is that all you can come up with Red Neck Rabel, because he's black?

You are must be one of the most ignorant fools on A2K... 'because he's black' Laughing
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/13/2020 at 03:16:59