The hipbone connected to the...?

snood

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 08:29 am
Okay, I know this is a little weird, but I have been able to get answers to just about everything else I've asked on A2K, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

For a few days now, I have had a cough. Went to the docs at sick call and they said it was just a virus that needed to run its course. That was fine, but this is a strange kind of cough. When I cough, I have pain in my left hamstring !

It isn't such a wracking cough that it would be some kind of pain that comes from an unrelated injury being jostled about - it just doesn't feel like that, and I don't have any hamstring injury in my memory.

I'm wondering if there's some kind of nervous connection that may involve my sciatic nerve, or something. has anyone else ever experienced or heard of a cough making their hamstring hurt?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,220 • Replies: 4
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 08:31 am
I believe I would seek still another medical opinion.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 10:45 am
@snood,
Weird... haven't heard of that.
Sounds like you say, snood, some kind of nerve connection, maybe referred?
They're not two separate things, right? Both happen at same time?

0 Replies

Nurullah

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 04:48 am
@snood,
Cough is a refex phenomenon characterized by a sudden, violentexpulsion of air from the mouth, with or without sputum, after deep inspiration and closure of the glottis. This is the most frequent respiratory symptom.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 05:15 am
@snood,
Quote:
I'm wondering if there's some kind of nervous connection that may involve my sciatic nerve, or something. has anyone else ever experienced or heard of a cough making their hamstring hurt?

Call me neurotic, but if it were me, I would get a second opinion.I would check out any kind of pain that seems unusual. It may be nothing, but you won't know that until you find a doctor who is interested enough to probe beyond the obvious.

My cousin's husband was suffering from severe headaches. His doctor told him that it was "nerves", and that he should see a psychiatrist. He died of a brain tumor, when he was in his thirties. If he had been diagnosed earlier, he might still be alive today.

I hate doctors who refuse to probe beyond the obvious.
0 Replies