Heres news...Biden cant keep his mouth shut

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 05:37 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/17/oops-biden-reveals-location-secret-vp-bunker/

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden, well-known for his verbal gaffes, may have finally outdone himself, divulging potentially classified information meant to save the life of a sitting vice president.

According to a report, while recently attending the Gridiron Club dinner in Washington, an annual event where powerful politicians and media elite get a chance to cozy up to one another, Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.

snip

Quote:
According to the report, Biden "said a young naval officer giving him a tour of the residence showed him the hideaway, which is behind a massive steel door secured by an elaborate lock with a narrow connecting hallway lined with shelves filled with communications equipment."

Clift continued: "The officer explained that when Cheney was in lock down, this was where his most trusted aides were stationed, an image that Biden conveyed in a way that suggested we shouldn't be surprised that the policies that emerged were off the wall."

Obama needs to get some duct tape and tape Bidens mouth shut, before he reveals something that could be really damaging.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,937 • Replies: 12
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 11:27 am
@mysteryman,
I dunno, I've known about that bunker for years, maybe decades. At least it's been surmised multiple times.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 11:46 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I dunno, I've known about that bunker for years, maybe decades. At least it's been surmised multiple times.

they just showed a similar safe room on 24.

i only wish that fox news had shown as much concern for secrecy when it came to valerie plame.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 11:50 am
BBC article from Monday, December 9th 2002:

Quote:
Cheney's neighbours stoke bunker rumours

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38568000/jpg/_38568863_vphome_ap300.jpg

Dick Cheney is getting a nuclear bunker. Or a spy tunnel. Or a helicopter landing pad. Or maybe nothing at all.

Rumours are rife in Washington about the nature of building work being carried out at the Naval Observatory, which includes the official residence of the vice-president of the United States.

But though regular blasts and construction traffic show that something is going on at 1 Observatory Circle, no-one will say what it is.

Neighbours upset by the noise were sent a letter from the observatory's superintendent which said: "Due to its sensitive nature in support of national security and homeland defence, project specific information is classified and cannot be released."

The letter went on to say that the work was urgent and needed to be done "on a highly accelerated schedule".

A spokeswoman for the US Navy told BBC News Online that the work was "an infrastructure and utility upgrade".

'Deep digging'

She could not comment on whether the work was at Mr Cheney's home or elsewhere in the grounds which continue to be used by the navy for scientific work and contains the clock which sets official time in the US.

Neighbours contacted by The Washington Post newspaper said they believed workers were digging deep into the ground but without official information, they are left to speculate about the purpose.

While there is no word that Mr Cheney's home is even involved, the vice-president's key role in the aftermath of the 11 September attacks and the admitted "national security and homeland defence" nature of the work is fuelling the rumours.

In the hours that followed hijacked planes being flown into buildings in New York and Washington, correspondents say Mr Cheney took charge of running the government while President Bush stayed out of the capital.

After that he was shuttled between various secret and secure locations and is said to remain a key player in security matters.

Disturbance

But residents in his neighbourhood a couple of miles north-west of the White House are more concerned about the noise.

Nancy Nord told The Washington Post: "None of the neighbours object to any construction that is necessary in the navy's view.

"What we do object to is that there is no sense of the magnitude, no warning about something so intrusive to our lives and no clear sense how long this is going to go or when it's going to stop."

The navy spokeswoman told the BBC that measures were being taken to minimise disturbance as the work continues for the next few months and reassure homeowners that their properties will not be damaged.

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 11:51 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/17/oops-biden-reveals-location-secret-vp-bunker/

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden, well-known for his verbal gaffes, may have finally outdone himself, divulging potentially classified information meant to save the life of a sitting vice president.

According to a report, while recently attending the Gridiron Club dinner in Washington, an annual event where powerful politicians and media elite get a chance to cozy up to one another, Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the old U.S. Naval Observatory, which is now the home of the vice president.

snip

Quote:
According to the report, Biden "said a young naval officer giving him a tour of the residence showed him the hideaway, which is behind a massive steel door secured by an elaborate lock with a narrow connecting hallway lined with shelves filled with communications equipment."

Clift continued: "The officer explained that when Cheney was in lock down, this was where his most trusted aides were stationed, an image that Biden conveyed in a way that suggested we shouldn't be surprised that the policies that emerged were off the wall."

Obama needs to get some duct tape and tape Bidens mouth shut, before he reveals something that could be really damaging.

Pff, who gives a ****. Why exactly do you think this is 'damaging?'

What is it with the Republican obsession with secrecy? I don't believe for a second that secrecy makes any of us a whit more safe.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 12:05 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Pff, who gives a ****.

Hey Cyclotroll!

http://thepeoplegroupllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/admitting-your-an-asshole1.jpg

You will never give a **** until you take the first step.
old europe

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 12:28 pm
@H2O MAN,
http://i39.tinypic.com/108b7kp.jpg
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 12:54 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

http://i39.tinypic.com/108b7kp.jpg

hahaha! denial ain't just a river in egypt. Laughing
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 12:55 pm
Yeah, that was funny.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 01:25 pm
@mysteryman,
MM - ignorance is bliss for some posters here, since they obviously don't know that foreign prime ministers, heads of state, other dignitaries, also stay at the building in question when visiting DC, and their security is also an issue.

That said, Cheney went too far when he removed his then residence from Google Earth - when anyone can get a map of DC that shows it; better the guy sticks to an undisclosed location where TV anchors can't interview him. All things considered, though, bigmouth plagiarist Biden is better than the next-in-line Pelosi, who keeps digging an ever-bigger hole for herself by outright lying.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 02:18 pm
@mysteryman,
I thought news was supposed to be mmmm new.

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 02:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Not that Biden doesn't seem to be a bit foot-in-mouthy on occasion.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 01:28 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Not that Biden doesn't seem to be a bit foot-in-mouthy on occasion.

as long as he gets the job done. the problem with bush was he not only could not construct a sentence on the fly, he didn't get **** done.at least not for us run of the mill 'mericans.

i never thought i'd miss him.

and i was right.
0 Replies