VIDEO: Dick Cheney headed a secret assassination wing that targeted America's enemies

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 04:42 pm
VIDEO: 'You can't authorise murder': Dick Cheney headed a secret assassination wing that targeted America's enemies

Interview with Seymour Hersh

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=13626

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 926 • Replies: 4
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 05:29 pm
@Solve et Coagula,
Solve et Coagula wrote:
Quote:
VIDEO: 'You can't authorise murder':
Dick Cheney headed a secret assassination wing
that targeted America's enemies

Interview with Seymour Hersh

If u " CAN 'T " do it then,
by definition, Cheney did not do it, because its impossible.

I hold Richard Cheney in the very highest esteem.
I wish he 'd have been President instead of W.
I hope that thay got PLENTY of America 's enemies.

Very clearly, the USA has the power to wage war.
Few of America 's wars have been declared.
There is no requirement that before a war is waged, it must be declared.

I wish that I had met Vice President Cheney to take his hand
in loving admiration and gratitude
for his noble service to me and to America.

If I had a son, I 'd encourage him to follow in Richard Cheney 's footsteps.

David
ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:40 am
@Solve et Coagula,
It appears that there may be more smoke behind that smoke, and then there might be fire

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN1275615

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090712/cia_cheney_090712/20090712?hub=World

It doesn't pay to ignore Seymour Hersh.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977733494&grpId=3659174697244816
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:24 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
If u " CAN 'T " do it then,
by definition, Cheney did not do it, because its impossible.

I believe you are being obtuse, I am sure the poster meant in the US we aren't supposed to just assassinate willy nilly without any checks and balances with other agencies or keeping congress informed. Apparently Cheney set himself up as judge and executioner all within his own created unit. This if confirmed is a dangerous precedent with run away powers all in the hands of just one person.

Quote:
"Right now, today, there was a story in the New York Times that if you read it carefully mentioned something known as the Joint Special Operations Command -- JSOC it’s called. It is a special wing of our special operations community that is set up independently. They do not report to anybody, except in the Bush-Cheney days, they reported directly to the Cheney office. They did not report to the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff or to Mr. [Robert] Gates, the secretary of defense. They reported directly to him. ...

"Congress has no oversight of it. It’s an executive assassination ring essentially, and it’s been going on and on and on. Just today in the Times there was a story that its leaders, a three star admiral named [William H.] McRaven, ordered a stop to it because there were so many collateral deaths.

"Under President Bush’s authority, they’ve been going into countries, not talking to the ambassador or the CIA station chief, and finding people on a list and executing them and leaving. That’s been going on, in the name of all of us.

source
Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:31 am
@revel,
Y'know, much as I disapprove of this sort of private hit squad's existence (and I hope and pray R. Cheney lives long enough to be tried in court for his many crimes against humanity), I've always felt that where we were successful in accomplishing any dirty clandestine job overseas, someone other than the CIA just had to be involved. Those folks are truly incompetent data crushers.
0 Replies