Soft tissue in hadrosaur remains

rosborne979

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 08:03 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

If I remember accurately, microbial life has been dated back
to around c.3.5 billion years ago. Evolution of fruit flies can be
swift n brief; there is active concern as to how fast the swine flu virus
will mutate and get milder or more severely threatening humans.
Evolution can take a long time or a short time.
Do u deny genetic mutation of viruses? of mammals?
Do u deny extinction of earlier species?

I doubt that belief in evolution implies atheism.
I doubt that most scientists or mathematicians are atheists.

Careful David, if you start making too much sense Gunga will put you on his Ignore list (an eminent position which Farmerman still aspires to) Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 08:23 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
farmerman wrote:

(And, I may get myself ignored by this clown )

You wish. I think you're on his "best buddy" list

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .

Suck it up, General . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 08:32 am
This clown Brian Thomas, M.S., is apparently the DI's science bullshit artist in chief. He wrote an article tangential to a discovery about the angular velocity of stars in the center of the galaxy to attempt to claim it is just more evidence that the cosmos can't be billions of years old, but only thousands of years old.

This was reviewed in detail by one of the members at "Pseudoastro-dot-Wordpress-dot-com," which is a site "Exposing PseudoAstronomy." The first commentator, having demolished Thomas' bullshit in detail then writes:

Quote:
I really don’t have much else to say about this one. The only way Brian Thomas’ article makes sense is to completely ignore the non sequiturs " ignore any sense of logical progression from one claim to another, and simply take " on faith " that he’s tied it all together for you.

That one was pretty good, but the next member commenting got an even better shot in:

Quote:
Next, Brian says something that I agree with: “There is no evidence for the existence of alternate universes, and if a concept cannot be proved or disproved, it is not open to scientific investigation.”

Yes! Thank you! Very true! So keep your religion out of science class!

I found this while searching online to see if i could find out just exactly what Mr. Thomas' qualifications are. No luck so far, but i greatly enjoyed reading the comments at the PseudoAstronomy site.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 08:44 am
This April, 2006 article at the Seattle Times about the Dover ruling describes Thomas as a columnist and as a former spokesman for "the Moral Majority." I urge our members to read this article, because it's really hilarious.

Quote:
But there is a lesson in Dover, where Chapman and Meyer said the School Board hijacked intelligent-design terminology for its attempt to bring religion into school. Chapman said Discovery told the board not to attempt to teach intelligent design. Instead, he said, the institute advocates that schools only "teach the controversy" surrounding evolution.

"We're mostly trying to stop people from doing dumb things," Meyer said.

Chapman is Bruce Chapman, the founder of the Discovery Institute, and Meyer is Stephen Meyer, the Director of the DI's "Center for Science and Culture"--those two must have squirmed all the way through Kitzmiller.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 08:46 am
My mistake, the article was referring to columnist Cal Thomas, and not this joker Brian Thomas who penned the bullshit Gunga is peddling. I'll see if i can't track down this clown Brian Thomas, M.S.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 09:14 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
If recent studies confirmed that the Earth is NOT 4.6 billion years old,
but only a few 1,000 years old, then this woud hit the press,
in all of its major organs in a very major way; BIG headlines.

You're talking about the same libtard American press which refused to print any news (since ALL of it was bad) about SlicKKK KKKlintler for eight years and which generally buys into the establishment science view on natural history and evolution??

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b0/Three_wise_monkeys_figure.JPG/300px-Three_wise_monkeys_figure.JPG

Again there are giant problems in the standard ideas about ages for our planet and solar system. All of the dating schemes which F-man's ilk use involve isotope ratio tests for heavy metals. What's wrong with that?? That's right, given the standard idea of planets coalescing from swirling masses of solar material in the form of disks, the heavy metals should all be at or near the centers of the planets and not anywhere close to the surfaces where scientists could run tests on them. Heavy metals which we find near the planets surface likely got here via some sort of impact or other catastrophic event, possibly involving Birkeland currents and plasma physics phenomena, and any sort of an age we get from them may or may not be meaningful to the heavy metal, but is highly unlikely to indicate anything regarding the age of the planet.

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 09:21 am
It appears that Mr. Thomas has a degree from ICRGS--the Institute for Creation Science Graduate School--although i've not been able to verify that yet. This is really hilarious:

The ICR Graduates

Quote:
The ICR Graduate School (ICRGS) was formed in 1980-81 in order to provide graduate-level training in science for men and women who wanted post-graduate degrees in science in a Biblical, creationist context. Originally considered the "research division" of Christian Heritage College (established in 1970), ICR became a separate institution in 1981 when the regional accreditation organization would not allow the College to offer graduate degrees. As it is now, ICRGS offers accredited M.S. degrees in four key fields (Astro/Geophysics, Biology, Geology and Science Education), and to date there have been about 82 graduates.

and

Quote:
Graduates who write an M.S. thesis are expected to select some topic which will contribute both to their scientific field and also to the advancement of scientific Biblical creationism.

Off to do more digging. By the way, according to this article in the Dallas Morning News dated December 15, 2007, the ICR wants to teach online.

Quote:
The nonprofit Institute for Creation Research in Dallas wants to train future science teachers in Texas and elsewhere using an online curriculum. A state advisory group gave its approval Friday; now the final say rests with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, which will consider the request next month.

Scary thought, no?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 09:29 am
Oops . . . it appears that the Institute for Creation Research doesn't get to offer online degrees in science education . . .

From the Austin American-Statesman, April, 2008:

Quote:
A panel of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board voted today to reject a proposal by a Bible-oriented group to offer a master’s degree in science education.

The unanimous vote by the board’s Academic Excellence and Research Committee came after Higher Education Commissioner Raymund Paredes recommended against the plan submitted by the Dallas-based Institute for Creation Research.

Paredes said the institute’s program is infused with creationism and runs counter to conventions of science that hold that claims of supernatural intervention are not testable and therefore lie outside the realm of science. He also said the institute failed to demonstrate that its proposal for a master’s of science degree in science education met the coordinating board’s standards.

“Religious belief is not science,” Paredes said. “Science and religious belief are surely reconcilable, but they are not the same thing.”

The full board rejected the proposal, and last month, the ICR filed suit against the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, alleging "viewpoint discrimination."
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 12:14 pm
@farmerman,
Thanks, Farmerman - you say you're not an expert in rock-dating techniques but you certainly know more about it than I do; I appreciate the data. It was my understanding that by backdating DNA (mathematically) someone figured out that some living critter (bacterium or something similarly very small) was making its way through the primeval ooze as far back as 4 billion years ago, this being shortly after our planet cooled down sufficiently.

So, is it your opinion that whatever piece of tissue was discovered with the dinosaur isn't as old as the bone, which has been dated back to 80million years? I gathered from your explanation that it could be some other kind of once-living matter, but since preservation in that geological stratum isn't in doubt for the bones, why not the soft tissue as well? Sorry if idiot question there Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 12:27 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Dave, youre precious. Gunga has been treated fairly for several years. Im now in PHASE 2 where, apparent that he has no interest in anything related to education, Im just acting as if we are now combatants. AS far as a student, I only had one Creationist student who was quite civil in the discussion of his beliefs. He ultimately switched to math. I am quite civil with students, but when they come in defiantly (and consistently) ignorant, I have no further time to spend because I usually havefull classes.

To discuss gungas density. see the following quote from his latest post
Quote:
All of the dating schemes which F-man's ilk use involve isotope ratio tests for heavy metals. What's wrong with that??

Whats wrong with that is the basic premise that he (gunga ) is trying to foist upon you. Its true that radioisotopic analyses uses several heavy (and many non-heavy), but these are all in INCLUSIONS within metamorphic or igneous melt rocks where nuclear "clocks" have been reet by melting or dynamics. We dont have to Drill to the earths core (And wed probably get noting there anyway since most of the mantle and core are semi mobile or even liquid. (Nuclear clock only start running after the elements have cooled and crystallized).
We use a mineral like zircon cause its a common inclusion in igneous rocks and they are easy to find in samples. (We teach a course in radioactive age dating and sampling is a very big deal).

Im sure that, having brought this up, gunga has some hokey source from the ICR to provide a nyah nyah to science, but youmust remembre that none of the ICR stuff has EVER made it into literature that has been peered.

Much of the geologic aging comes from elements like Ar,K,Rb,Sr,Re,Os, Sm ,Nd, of these , only Os and RE are really heavies, and anyway, we sample Re and Os from sulfide minerals that are igneous in origin (I use this technique for ore deposit surveying). ALL the minerals are near the surface and are uincluded withing strat sequences.

U,Th,and Pb are all acquired from ZIRCONS and titanium, monazite deposits. SO gunga is once again all wet and hes wrong but at the top of his voice, that reminds me of the Character that John Ratzenberger used to play in the TV show "Cheers", the know it all mailman.

Gunga accuses me of being a blowhard but, in my own defense, I do this **** every day(almost-Im trying to retire as we speak). Ive been happily employed as a geologists and mining economist for about 35 years, and before that I was a chemist in rare earth elements . I get really tired when someone like gunga speaks up, obviously uninfotmed and all hes trying to do is to dispute the age of the earth and to pull on his hypothesis that we were "seeded" by aliens maybe 100000 years ago.
Gunga listens to "Coast to Coast" too much and he actually believes it.
farmerman

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 12:29 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
You wish. I think you're on his "best buddy" list
Id love to have him come down and visit a class someday and let him get into a disussion with undergrad students re: geophysics or age of the earth. Theyd disembowel him.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 04:23 am
@gungasnake,
David wrote:
Quote:
If recent studies confirmed that the Earth is NOT 4.6 billion years old,
but only a few 1,000 years old, then this woud hit the press,
in all of its major organs in a very major way; BIG headlines.

gungasnake wrote:
Quote:

You're talking about the same libtard American press which refused
to print any news (since ALL of it was bad) about SlicKKK KKKlintler
for eight years and which generally buys into the establishment
science view on natural history and evolution??

Well, I cannot agree that the leftist press did not print any
negative developments about Clinton since I remember reading about
the DNA stained blue dress and other Monica Lewinsky related information,
altho I certainly agree that the leftist press generally likes to spin
news events or to ignore pro-Individualist news IF it can get away with it,
and it is not a big development. I still remember Herbert Mathews'
pro-Castro stories in the NY Times as he was fighting to overthrow Batista.

Anyway, the 3rd World War is over now and we won.

The dividing issue between conservatives and leftists
has been supporting or opposing libertarian Individualism
(the Founders' laissez faire free enterprize point of vu)
or enforcing the general common well being,
including extorting charity, extorting support of the poor
from the middle class and the rich, against their will, or not.

I do not believe that the leftists, nor their press,
has endeavored to favor nor influence appreciation of natural history.

If I remember accurately, several months ago, u posted that
u favored a "young Earth" vu point because u believed that
it supports the Bible. I do not believe that there is anything
in the Bible identifying the age of the Earth.
This has no theological significance.

Its not as if proof of Earth 's 4.6 billion year age
is evidentiary of atheists' point of vu,
any more than acknowledging the heliocentric structure
of the solar system supports atheism; it never did.

gungasnake wrote:
Quote:

Again there are giant problems in the standard ideas about ages
for our planet and solar system. All of the dating schemes which F-man's ilk use
involve isotope ratio tests for heavy metals. What's wrong with that??
That's right, given the standard idea of planets coalescing from
swirling masses of solar material in the form of disks, the heavy
metals should all be at or near the centers of the planets and not
anywhere close to the surfaces where scientists could run tests on them.
Heavy metals which we find near the planets surface likely got here
via some sort of impact or other catastrophic event, possibly
involving Birkeland currents and plasma physics phenomena, and any
sort of an age we get from them may or may not be meaningful to
the heavy metal, but is highly unlikely to indicate anything regarding the age of the planet.

How about stratification of sedimentary rock ?

I have never taken more than a passing interest
in expertise concerning carbon dating, etc.

David

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 04:47 am
I have argued the science behind radioisotope dating to gunga more than once. He always starts with some ridiculous proposition (like the "heavy minerals not being at the surface"). Somewhere hes read that and has run it up his flagpole as a working hypothesis. He has no idea of how sampling is done nor is he even sklightly informed about the methodology and calibration (etc).
Like an ignoramus, he immediately starts criticizing a well understood tool based on NO KNOWLEDGE.

Gunga changes his position frequently, he adopts the Biblical view because he believes in the "worldwide Flood" tale. Hes always been modifying his age of the earth beliefs because he flips between being a believer in alien seeding and Full-on Creationism. SO, hes always danceing around a bit. His history herein is only a solid brick wall against evolution and abiogenesis.

I predict that he wont add anything new here. We will probably see another THread about how dinosaurs lived in Minnesota during the 1600's. (All this from an interpretation of a petroglyph on a rock where the Indians used to party and get loaded)

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 05:10 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
Dave, youre precious.

I am wonderful.

Quote:
Gunga has been treated fairly for several years.
Im now in PHASE 2 where, apparent that he has no interest
in anything related to education, Im just acting as if we are now combatants.
AS far as a student, I only had one Creationist student who was quite civil
in the discussion of his beliefs. He ultimately switched to math.
I am quite civil with students, but when they come in defiantly
(and consistently) ignorant, I have no further time to spend because
I usually havefull classes.

As gentlemen of intellectual concerns,
we demean ourselves better if we discuss matters of controversy
without demonizing those with whom we disagree, in preference
to revealing the errors and weaknesses of one another 's respective positions.
U said that u did that for years.
The question is whether good conduct shoud expire.

farmerman wrote:
Quote:

To discuss gungas density. see the following quote from his latest post
Quote:
All of the dating schemes which F-man's ilk use involve isotope ratio tests for heavy metals.
What's wrong with that??

Whats wrong with that is the basic premise that he (gunga ) is trying to foist upon you. Its true that radioisotopic analyses uses several heavy (and many non-heavy), but these are all in INCLUSIONS within metamorphic or igneous melt rocks where nuclear "clocks" have been reet by melting or dynamics. We dont have to Drill to the earths core (And wed probably get noting there anyway since most of the mantle and core are semi mobile or even liquid. (Nuclear clock only start running after the elements have cooled and crystallized).
We use a mineral like zircon cause its a common inclusion in igneous rocks and they are easy to find in samples. (We teach a course in radioactive age dating and sampling is a very big deal).

Im sure that, having brought this up, gunga has some hokey source from the ICR to provide a nyah nyah to science, but youmust remembre that none of the ICR stuff has EVER made it into literature that has been peered.

Much of the geologic aging comes from elements like Ar,K,Rb,Sr,Re,Os, Sm ,Nd, of these , only Os and RE are really heavies, and anyway, we sample Re and Os from sulfide minerals that are igneous in origin (I use this technique for ore deposit surveying). ALL the minerals are near the surface and are uincluded withing strat sequences.

U,Th,and Pb are all acquired from ZIRCONS and titanium, monazite deposits. SO gunga is once again all wet and hes wrong but at the top of his voice, that reminds me of the Character that John Ratzenberger used to play in the TV show "Cheers", the know it all mailman.

Gunga accuses me of being a blowhard but, in my own defense, I do this **** every day
(almost-Im trying to retire as we speak).

Welcome to the club.
I 've done it 2ice.

Quote:

Ive been happily employed as a geologists and mining economist for about 35 years, and before that I was a chemist in rare earth elements . I get really tired when someone like gunga speaks up, obviously uninfotmed and all hes trying to do is to dispute the age of the earth and to pull on his hypothesis that we were "seeded" by aliens maybe 100000 years ago.
Gunga listens to "Coast to Coast" too much and he actually believes it.

To my mind, it is somewhat surprizing when I encounter someone
who denies evolution or denies that the Earth is more than a few 1000
years old. That happened to me about 50 years ago when the lady
next door (who I liked a lot) took that position.
It was from her that I learned that if u question someone 's core values
(I unknowingly did) then he or she can get mad at u.
She identified herself as a Catholic.
I did not know that Catholics had problems with those issues.
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 05:14 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
The question is whether good conduct shoud expire.

My manners are directly proportional to my patience
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 06:10 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
I have argued the science behind radioisotope dating to gunga more than once. He always starts with some ridiculous proposition (like the "heavy minerals not being at the surface"). Somewhere hes read that and has run it up his flagpole as a working hypothesis. He has no idea of how sampling is done nor is he even sklightly informed about the methodology and calibration (etc).
Like an ignoramus, he immediately starts criticizing a well understood tool based on NO KNOWLEDGE.

Gunga changes his position frequently, he adopts the Biblical view because he believes in the "worldwide Flood" tale. Hes always been modifying his age of the earth beliefs because he flips between being a believer in alien seeding and Full-on Creationism. SO, hes always danceing around a bit. His history herein is only a solid brick wall against evolution and abiogenesis.

I predict that he wont add anything new here. We will probably see another THread about how dinosaurs lived in Minnesota during the 1600's. (All this from an interpretation of a petroglyph on a rock where the Indians used to party and get loaded)

Meaning no disrespect to Gunga,
I 've been a little perplexed qua how those who reject
the concept of genetic evolution can find their point of vu viable
in the face of the fact that, thru animal husbandry,
we have not only caused evolution to happen to fruit flies,
but we have bred dogs from wolves and very significantly
influenced evolution in horses (Clydesdales are different than race horses),
cattle, sheep, vegetables, flowers (e.g., roses, Dutch tulips), etc.

I wonder how thay can deny the existence of evolution
when we have DONE it -- made it happen, ourselves.
Contemplate a conversation at the annual Westminster Kennel Club dog show
between an anti-evolutionist and a dog breeder.
Those dogs are bred to extremely demanding and precise specifications for each breed.
St. Bernards r very different than poodles, tho we bred them ALL from wolves.

Next up will be humans.
If I were to have a son, I 'd want him to be a lot better looking than me,
blond n blue eyed, better I.Q., better memory, better health n life span, etc, etc.

Again: no offense to Gunga.

David
gungasnake

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 06:40 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
when we have DONE it -- made it happen, ourselves....

That, breeding dogs into poodles and great danes, would be induced microevolution. You cannot breed a dog into a cat or a goat. Nobody argues against microevolution.

In fact you can't even breed dogs into poodles and Danes on a permanent basis and have them remain such other than via continued effort. If humans were to disappear from the planet this instant, the only dogs left in the world five generations later would be your ordinary little fifty pound wild dog which everything else would revert back to.

In fact, for several decades in the early part of the last century, they tried to induce macroevolution using fruit flies which breed new generations every day or two which, in a decade or so, would amount to more generations of fruit flies than there have ever been humans or anything else resembling humans in the world.

They subjected those flies to everything in the world known to cause mutations, heat, cold, blast, noise, light, darkness, every kind of radation man can produce, electric shock.... and they combined the mutants every way possible.

And, you know what? All they ever got were fruit flies, sterile freaks, and mutants which returned to the norm for fruit flies after two or three generations. That is because our entire living world is driven by information and the only information there ever was in the picture was that for a fruit fly.

No spiders, wasps, hornets, bees, ants, aphids, butterflies, grasshoppers, or anything else were ever produced in those experiments; just fruit flies.

Evolution was put to the test and totally and unambiguously failed it. Several prominent scientists publicly renounced evolution and evoloserism in consequence of those experiments including the famous case of Richard Goldschmidt.

Goldschmidt later claimed that his colleagues, no doubt including several ignorant blowhards like F-man here, were shunning him and subjecting him to something like the two-minute hate seances which Orwell described in 1984.

The problem F-man is going to face is that sooner or later, the kids in these classes he claims to teach are going to ask:

Quote:
"Hey, Daddy-O, you actually believe all that meat, blood, collagen, and blood vessel material they keep finding in those dinosaurs is 70 million years old??"

And, when F-man replies:

Quote:
"Why certainly, only an ignorant, bible-thumping, quadruple chromosome hick redneck WOULDN'T believe an obvious proposition like that!!!"

they will suddenly realize what they're dealing with, and get up and walk out.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 07:21 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Quote:
when we have DONE it -- made it happen, ourselves....

Quote:
That, breeding dogs into poodles and great danes,
would be induced microevolution. You cannot breed a dog into a cat or a goat.

I doubt that thay have tried that yet, but DNA can be transferred.
Thay showed on TV how a pig is growing a human ear,
resulting from human DNA to do that; maybe stem cells will help.

Quote:

Nobody argues against microevolution.

In fact you can't even breed dogs into poodles and Danes on a permanent basis and have them remain such other than via continued effort.
If humans were to disappear from the planet this instant, the only dogs left in the world five generations later would be your ordinary little fifty pound wild dog which everything else would revert back to.

Not wolves ?

Quote:

In fact, for several decades in the early part of the last century, they tried to induce macroevolution using fruit flies which breed new generations every day or two which, in a decade or so, would amount to more generations of fruit flies than there have ever been humans or anything else resembling humans in the world.

They subjected those flies to everything in the world known to cause mutations, heat, cold, blast, noise, light, darkness, every kind of radation man can produce, electric shock.... and they combined the mutants every way possible.

And, you know what? All they ever got were fruit flies, sterile freaks, and mutants which returned to the norm for fruit flies after two or three generations. That is because our entire living world is driven by information and the only information there ever was in the picture was that for a fruit fly.

No spiders, wasps, hornets, bees, ants, aphids, butterflies, grasshoppers, or anything else were ever produced in those experiments; just fruit flies.

Well, maybe if thay give them DNA from a bee, etc. . . .

Quote:

Evolution was put to the test and totally and unambiguously failed it. Several prominent scientists publicly renounced evolution and evoloserism in consequence of those experiments including the famous case of Richard Goldschmidt.

Goldschmidt later claimed that his colleagues, no doubt including several ignorant blowhards like F-man here, were shunning him and subjecting him to something like the two-minute hate seances which Orwell described in 1984.

The problem F-man is going to face is that sooner or later, the kids in these classes he claims to teach are going to ask:

Quote:
"Hey, Daddy-O, you actually believe all that meat, blood, collagen,
and blood vessel material they keep finding in those dinosaurs is 70 million years old??"

And, when F-man replies:

Quote:
"Why certainly, only an ignorant, bible-thumping,
quadruple chromosome hick redneck WOULDN'T believe an obvious proposition like that!!!"

they will suddenly realize what they're dealing with, and get up and walk out.

According to that reasoning,
thay 'd not believe that the soft tissue fossils woud last
a few 1,000s of years either. How long does petrification take ?

`
gungasnake

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 07:57 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Bone isn't the most porous stuff in the world but it IS porous and it seems sufficiently obvious to me that even one million years is longer than soft tissue inside bone could last without being petrified. For that stuff to be 70M years old it would have to have never rained in Montana or the Dakotas in all that time.

Ultimately the thing which kills off many if not most of these seemingly unkillable shibboleths is simple human laughter. The tale of the emperor who walked down the street butt naked at high noon is well known.

Another similarly instructive tale is that of how the KKK met its demise in anything other than its present comical and non-dangerous form:

http://www.cbeyond.co.uk/downloads/archive/20080211-Superman_Versus_the_Ku_Klux_Klan.pdf

It got to where klansmen's kids were laughing at them at the breakfast table.

This is what I see happening to evolution(ism), at least in America. There will shortly come a day on which people like our F-Man here cannot stand in front of a classroom and talk about it without being made to feel as if they were in a Rodney Dangerfield movie; they will see eyes rolling back and hear snickering in the room. After that it will get to be small handfulls of evolosers gathering in bathroom stalls and teachers' rooms to do their mantras to Chuck Darwin and they will die out without replacement, and that will be the end of it.
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 08:19 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
This is what I see happening to evolution(ism), at least in America. There will shortly come a day on which people like our F-Man here cannot stand in front of a classroom and talk about it without being made to feel as if they were in a Rodney Dangerfield movie;

Youre still an idiot gunga.

No matter what you may think about the porosity of bone and the preservation of soft tissues (Actually the soft tissues were transformed and had retained pliability and the haem molecules seemed to be intact) All this does is open new ways to interpret the term "fossilization" . How do you rectify the ages of the rocks containing the fossils? (We have volcanic ash zircons that contain isotopes of U and Th. These zircons border the bottom and the top of the HEll Creek Formation. So we know its age from earliest to latest. Thats a problem for your guesses (I know you renounce radioisotopic dating , but thats only because YOU are uninformed, not that isotopic dating is incorrect)
All of your arguments arguments are composed of ad hominems and utter nonsense.
You are right about one thing , about laughter,we aint laughing with you.
0 Replies